Off-Season Trivia, round 2.............

Test your Formula 1 knowledge

Moderators: Ed, jacfan, lemon_martini2

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Off-Season Trivia, round 2.............

Post by mlittle » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:41 am

Remember when I said in the first off-season trivia thread that I, your humble NA motorsports scribe, was a major science-fiction fan? Well, this set of trivia questions has to do with quotes.......quotes from sci-fi movies, books and television shows(just something to whet the intellectual whistles this off-season........). To quote the line from Mission Impossible, your mission, should you choose to accept it.....is to try to identify where the quotes came from. One point for each correct answer.

Here's a little bit of a hint.......if you look at the signatures for both myself and gkaytaz, you should get at least two of the ten correct..................... :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Good luck!!!!!

1} In space, no one can hear you scream.

2} Just what do you think your doing, Dave? I think I'm really entitled to an answer to that question.

3} Beam me up, Scotty!

4} The thing's hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God, it's full of stars!!!

5} ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT EUROPA. ATTEMPT NO LANDINGS THERE.

6}.....the last thing a trooper hears before a drop(maybe the last words he ever hears) is a woman's voice, wishing him luck. If you don't think this is important, you've probably resigned from the human race.

7} He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.

8} You do not take from this universe; it grants you what it will.

9} In the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people angry and been wisely regarded as a bad move.

10} The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman because he can't predict what the idiot will do.

Instead of posting a bonus question for this round, one additional point will be given if you can identify who said the quotes in numbers 2, 4, 5, 6 and 10.

Please post your answers to me via PM no later than midnight US EST 1 December 2007. Good luck!!!! :lol: :lol: :twisted: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Current standings after round 1......
--Southernman, 16 pts
--cmlean, 15 pts
--GhoGho, 13 pts
Last edited by mlittle on Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Post by Southernman » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:32 pm

PM'd answers. :compute:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:07 pm

Southernman wrote:PM'd answers. :compute:
Just got 'em.

GhoGho
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by GhoGho » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:54 am

Different one M.
Thanks!
I'm in shape

Round is a shape...........

:cheers:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:05 pm

I am clueless but have sent a couple of answers. Don't laugh!!!!!
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:22 pm

jacfan wrote:I am clueless but have sent a couple of answers. Don't laugh!!!!!
I got both PM's, jacfan.......

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:29 pm

With the deadline for entries having passed, here are the answers to quiz number two..........before I begin, though, I'd like to thank Southernman, GhoGho and jacfan for submitting answers......... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

And now.....................RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1} In space, no one can hear you scream.--Alien

2} Just what do you think you are doing, Dave? I really think I'm entitled to an answer to that question.--HAL 9000, from the Arthur C. Clarke novel 2001: A Space Oddysey

3} Beam me up, Scotty!--Star Trek

4} The thing's hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God, it's full of stars.--Dave Bowman from the Arthur C. Clarke novel 2001: A Space Oddysey

5} ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS--EXCEPT EUROPA. ATTEMPT NO LANDINGS THERE.--HAL 9000 from the Arthur C. Clarke novel 2010: Oddysey Two

6}....the last thing a trooper hears before a drop(maybe the last thing he ever hears) is a woman's voice, wishing him luck. If you don't think this is important, you've probably resigned from the human race.--Sgt. Juan Rico, M.I. from the Robert Heinlein novel Starship Troopers

7} He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.--from the George Orwell novel 1984

8} You do not take from this universe; it grants you what it will.--Dune: Messiah

9} In the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.--The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy

10} The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman because he can't predict what the idiot will do.--Capt. Honor S. Harrington, RMN from the David Weber novel The Honor of the Queen

***Round results***
--Southernman, 14 pts
--GhoGho, 14 pts
--jacfan, 7 pts

****Overall results after round 2****
1st} Southernman, 30 pts
2nd} GhoGho, 27 pts
3rd} cmlean, 15 pts
4th} jacfan, 7 pts

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Post by Southernman » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:31 am

It's a pity that so few are having a go :( :cry: . Come to think of it, not many people are making posts full stop of this site. :cry:

Thanks for the effort that your putting in mlittle. :cheers:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:55 am

Southernman wrote:It's a pity that so few are having a go :( :cry: . Come to think of it, not many people are making posts full stop of this site. :cry:

Thank you, Southernman.... :) :)

I am surprised that Julian hasn't taken a crack at either quiz so far..... :? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ; I think gkaytaz has been on a business trip or something like that(he mentioned that in the first round thread, IIRC), so I'm hoping he'll try the next round, which I should have up on the boards by the end of Sunday US time......

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Post by Southernman » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:41 pm

mlittle wrote:
Southernman wrote:It's a pity that so few are having a go :( :cry: . Come to think of it, not many people are making posts full stop of this site. :cry:

Thank you, Southernman.... :) :)

I am surprised that Julian hasn't taken a crack at either quiz so far..... :? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ; I think gkaytaz has been on a business trip or something like that(he mentioned that in the first round thread, IIRC), so I'm hoping he'll try the next round, which I should have up on the boards by the end of Sunday US time......
I'm not surprised that Julian hasn't taken part as he is not into doing quizes and I have no problem with that. 8) It was noticeable that lack of people taken part in formula 1 quiz in the past and it would be interesting to note how many people here are into sci fi.