PHILLIP ISLAND. DEC 8-10

All about V8 Supercars Racing

Moderators: Ed, Julian Mayo

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:58 pm

Ed ! would you kindly send in the Sanitation Engineers.
"V8s at The Idle" might be appropriate :cry:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:38 am

Well, gentle readers, we appear to have lost a couple of posts due to server problems with the main forum. We were also off air for many hours.The service providers..........(insert computer gobbledook. The Editor of NewsonFi.....(insert mild profanity)
My posts.........(insert description of flaming rage,murderous intent, extreme profanity, sounds of smashing computer )

Update on V8supercars at PI.
Race one.
Someone one it.
The cameras were on Lowndes for damn near the whole race.
Brighty stuffed it and finished midpack.
Tod Kelly made Skaife look slow.
Skaife resorted to illegal blocking (he was warned by the stewards, who displayed the bad sportsman flag) on Lowndes, which enabled Rick Kelly to draw close to Lowndes. On copping the warning Skaife was able to drive clear of Lowndes.
Lowndes tried to go around the outside of the blocking Skaife at the hayshed at 220kmh :shock: Skaife held the wide line, Lowndes went on to the grass, "keptitstaightkept thebootinkepthishead" and rejoined the track still ahead Rick Kelly.
Kelly was heard on the radio whingeing about Lowndes making a dangerous re-entry
Now in my opinion Lowndes had just exhibited one of the finest examples of car control I have ever seen. By rights he should have spun spun spun spun so far into the boondocks they would still be waiting for him back at the pits.
So I am in need of some advice here.
Because of his whinge, and some others I have heard, and a couple of dummy spits I have seen, etc, is Rick Kelly a spoiled, whingeing, petulant,self indulgent,arrogant mothers boy, with not one ounce of genuine sportsmanship who happens to a reasonably good driver in a rocketship of a car with one of the best pitcrews ?
Or is he not ?
Oh, and his brother, Tod, won the race.
The points gap between Craig Lowndes and Rick Kelly is now down to 3 points.
The two races today will be interesting.
After searing heat yesterday, a cold change with a southerly buster and rain is forcast for the pm.
As Barry Sheen used to say.....
"Phillip Island, gateway to Hypothermia"

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:25 am

The top ten finishers were
T Kelly
Tander
Skaife
Lowndes
R Kelly
W Davison
Winterbottom
S Richards
J Courtney
J Bright

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Post by Southernman » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:39 pm

Nothing like a bit of controversy to finish the year. :? In the last race Lowndes and Kelly started equal on points. Rick Kelly hit Lowndes from behind who spun and got hit by another car. Kelly gets a drive through penalty while Lowndes struggles to finish the race.

I don't blame Lowndes appealing the last round result.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:28 pm

Southernman wrote:Nothing like a bit of controversy to finish the year. :? In the last race Lowndes and Kelly started equal on points. Rick Kelly hit Lowndes from behind who spun and got hit by another car. Kelly gets a drive through penalty while Lowndes struggles to finish the race.

All results are provisional, subject to a stewards enquiry, depending on the results of that investigation, there will be a protest if needed.
I, personally have a sour taste in my mouth. I am neither a Ford nor Holden follower.The blatant blocking by Mark Skaife, Garth Tander and Tod Kelly have in my opinion brought the sport in to disrepute. Rick Kelly is the nominal "champion" through the actions of those three drivers.
These are my personal opinions, furthermore I feel that a potential great finish to the season has been stolen from the paying public.

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:36 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
Southernman wrote:Nothing like a bit of controversy to finish the year. :? In the last race Lowndes and Kelly started equal on points. Rick Kelly hit Lowndes from behind who spun and got hit by another car. Kelly gets a drive through penalty while Lowndes struggles to finish the race.

All results are provisional, subject to a stewards enquiry, depending on the results of that investigation, there will be a protest if needed.
I, personally have a sour taste in my mouth. I am neither a Ford nor Holden follower.The blatant blocking by Mark Skaife, Garth Tander and Tod Kelly have in my opinion brought the sport in to disrepute. Rick Kelly is the nominal "champion" through the actions of those three drivers.
These are my personal opinions, furthermore I feel that a potential great finish to the season has been stolen from the paying public.
I saw that on Saturday and thought it was not the sort of behaviour that I would expect from Skaife. Would have preferred to see a clean fight.
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:04 am

Julian Mayo wrote:

Absolutely agree. I follow ford a bit more than holden but moreso I follow the drivers. The tactics of some of the holden drivers was terrible. I don't know if Tander deserved the black flag, probably not, but they were blocking and they stopped us from having a great finish to the year.

The incident with Lowndes and Kelly was a teribble thing to see. To me it looked as though he hit lowndes and then turned opposite to the corner to turn him around, but that is just speculation and it may have not been meant to turn him around.

What I do know is Lowndes was driving faster in both previous races, and if it wasn't for the blockers would have been well in front at the end of both previous races.
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:47 am

When a driver receives a warning for "blocking" and his lap times suddenly drop by almost a second, then his times suddenly go up again, I think one is entitled to suspect that the black flag may have been appropriate.

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:25 pm

Yeah I know what you are saying, but they did say he had rear tire problems later on. Initially though it was just blocking.

Funny how the people accused of blocking were all driving for the one owner.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:37 pm

Of couse what I have to say about it are my own personal opinions....would I be correct in saying that whenever that owner is involved in Australian Motor racing, it is to the detriment of the sport? :?

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:45 pm

Well he didn't do much for Arrows either.

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:11 am

Doesn't take long

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:16 am

:clap: :clap: :clap:

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:24 am

I have another that turned up in my email but I think many would take offence.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:25 am

cmlean wrote:I have another that turned up in my email but I think many would take offence.
We can always delete. 8)