2007 V8 8'n'Pole Round 8 Oran Park (August 17th-19th)

All about V8 Supercars Racing

Moderators: Ed, Julian Mayo

cmlean
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2304
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:19 am
Location: Upside of Down Under
Contact:

2007 V8 8'n'Pole Round 8 Oran Park (August 17th-19th)

Post by cmlean » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:42 pm

This is the thread to place your picks for Round 8 V8 8'n'Pole

cmlean
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2304
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:19 am
Location: Upside of Down Under
Contact:

Post by cmlean » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:49 pm

This is the entry list for Round 8, The Jim Beam 400 at Oran Park
No...Team............................Driver................Model
1....Toll HSV Dealer Team......Rick Kelly.........Commodore VE
2....Holden Racing Team........Mark Skaife........Commodore VE
3....Tasman Motorsport.........Jason Richards.....Commodore VE
4....Jeld-Wen Motorsport.......James Courtney.....Falcon BF
5....Ford Performance Racing.Mark Winterbottom..Falcon BF
6....Ford Performance Racing.Steven Richards....Falcon BF
7....Jack Daniel's Racing........Shane Price........Commodore VE
8....WPS Racing.....................Max Wilson.........Falcon BF
9....Caltex Racing..................Russell Ingall.....Falcon BF
10...WPS Racing....................Jason Bargwanna....Falcon BF
11...Jack Daniel's Racing........Jack Perkins.......Commodore VE
12...Team BOC......................Andrew Jones.......Falcon BF
14...Team BOC......................Simon Wills.........Falcon BF
16...Toll HSV Dealer Team.....Garth Tander.......Commodore VE
17...Jim Beam Racing.............Steve Johnson......Falcon BF
18...Jim Beam Racing.............Will Davison.......Falcon BF
20...Supercheap Auto Racing.Paul Weel..........Commodore VE
.21..Team Kiwi Racing............Shane Van Gisbergen...Falcon BF
22...Holden Racing Team.......Todd Kelly.........Commodore VE
25...Fujitsu Racing.................Jason Bright.......Falcon BF
26...IRWIN Racing..................Alan Gurr..........Falcon BF
33...Valvoline Cummins Team.Lee Holdsworth.....Commodore VZ
34...Valvoline Cummins Team.Dean Canto.........Commodore VE
39...Team Sirromet Wines......Fabian Coulthard.......Commodore VZ
50...Supercheap Auto Racing.Cameron McConville.Commodore VZ
51...Tasman Motorsport.........Greg Murphy........Commodore VE
55...Autobarn Racing..............Steve Owen.........Commodore VZ
67...Team Sirromet Wines.......Paul Morris........Commodore VE
88...Team Vodafone................Jamie Whincup......Falcon BF
111..Glenfords Racing.............John Bowe..........Falcon BF
888..Team Vodafone...............Craig Lowndes......Falcon BF

cmlean
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2304
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:19 am
Location: Upside of Down Under
Contact:

Post by cmlean » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:01 pm

Here are the Top Ten Shootout Results for 2006

1 Jason Bright.............Ford Falcon
2 Mark Skaife..............Holden Commodore
3 Craig Lowndes.........Ford Falcon
4 Todd Kelly................Holden Commodore
5 Jason Richards.........Holden Commodore
6 Mark Winterbottom..Ford Falcon
7 Garth Tander...........Holden Commodore
8 Rick Kelly..................Holden Commodore
9 Jamie Whincup.........Ford Falcon
10Dean Canto............Holden Commodore

cmlean
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2304
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:19 am
Location: Upside of Down Under
Contact:

Post by cmlean » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:17 pm

Here are the round results for the 2006 event at Oran Park

1 Craig Lowndes...........Ford Falcon
2 Rick Kelly....................Holden Commodore
3 James Courtney.........Ford Falcon
4 Steven Johnson..........Ford Falcon
5 Mark Winterbottom.....Ford Falcon
6 Lee Holdsworth...........Holden Commodore
7 Jason Bargwanna........Ford Falcon
8 Cameron McConville....Holden Commodore
9 Russell Ingall..............Ford Falcon
10 Jason Richards..........Holden Commodore
11 Todd Kelly.................Holden Commodore
12 Greg Murphy.............Holden Commodore
13 Jamie Whincup..........Ford Falcon
14 Brad Jones................Ford Falcon
15 Will Davison...............Ford Falcon
16 Jason Bright...............Ford Falcon
17 Steven Richards.........Holden Commodore
18 Dean Canto................Holden Commodore
19 John Bowe..................Ford Falcon
20 Garth Tander..............Holden Commodore
21 Marcus Marshall..........Ford Falcon
22 Andrew Jones.............Holden Commodore
23 Paul Dumbrell.............Holden Commodore
24 Fabian Coulthard.........Holden Commodore
25 Paul Radisich...............Holden Commodore
26 Steve Owen.................Holden Commodore
27 Warren Luff.................Ford Falcon
28 Mark Skaife.................Holden Commodore
29 Max Wilson..................Ford Falcon
30 Paul Morris..................Holden Commodore
31 Jose Fernandez...........Ford Falcon

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10
Posts: 801
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:18 am
Location: New Zealand

Post by Southernman » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:30 pm

Pole: Lowndes

1st R.Kelly
2nd Tander
3rd Lowndes
4th Skaife
5th Courtney
6th Whincup
7th Winterbottom
8th T.Kelly.

No logic involved. :D

User avatar
GhoGho
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner
Posts: 1054
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:34 pm
Location: 770

Post by GhoGho » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:04 pm

Pole:
G Tander

Race:
1 ~ R Kelly
2 ~ G Tander
3 ~ M Skaife
4 ~ S Johnson
5 ~ T Kelly
6 ~ J Courtney
7 ~ J Whincup
8 ~ S Richards
I'm in shape

Round is a shape...........


:cheers:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame
Posts: 15661
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:07 am
Location: Tying the antenna to the tallest tree I can find.

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:44 am

I am a tad bemused.
Tander is a better driver than Rick Kelly.....(as voted by the V8Supercar Drivers recently)....imho Tander will be a better driver than Rick, even when Rick grows into his socks, Tander has more mech. set up knowledge in the seat of his pants than most, n thanks to his ongoing involvement with single seaters, understands a lot more about how aero affects the whole package...(down to the sump plug, so to speak), than most of his peers, yet people favour Rick.
While not being a great fan of GT, (he whupped me at OP :cry: ) if you get a chance to compare the in-cabin video of him, Frosty, Lowndes,...breathe Skaify, breathe, Ingall, et al, .....the guy is driving a Ferrari down Hollywood Boulevarde, the rest are driving Hillman Imps n trying to dodge a race riot in Brixton :shock:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

User avatar
GhoGho
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner
Posts: 1054
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:34 pm
Location: 770

Post by GhoGho » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:41 am

Julian Mayo wrote:I am a tad bemused.
Tander is a better driver than Rick Kelly.....(as voted by the V8Supercar Drivers recently)....imho Tander will be a better driver than Rick, even when Rick grows into his socks, Tander has more mech. set up knowledge in the seat of his pants than most, n thanks to his ongoing involvement with single seaters, understands a lot more about how aero affects the whole package...(down to the sump plug, so to speak), than most of his peers, yet people favour Rick.
While not being a great fan of GT, (he whupped me at OP :cry: ) if you get a chance to compare the in-cabin video of him, Frosty, Lowndes,...breathe Skaify, breathe, Ingall, et al, .....the guy is driving a Ferrari down Hollywood Boulevarde, the rest are driving Hillman Imps n trying to dodge a race riot in Brixton :shock:
this is what happens when one knows Jack Schidt about it! :lol:

If I could watch these things I would probably have a very different set of picks :conf3:

Maybe I should consider your viewpoint and change my picks :?: ......Nah, maybe next round.
I'm in shape

Round is a shape...........


:cheers:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame
Posts: 15661
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:07 am
Location: Tying the antenna to the tallest tree I can find.

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:03 am

GhoGho wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:I am a tad bemused.
Tander is a better driver than Rick Kelly.....(as voted by the V8Supercar Drivers recently)....imho Tander will be a better driver than Rick, even when Rick grows into his socks, Tander has more mech. set up knowledge in the seat of his pants than most, n thanks to his ongoing involvement with single seaters, understands a lot more about how aero affects the whole package...(down to the sump plug, so to speak), than most of his peers, yet people favour Rick.
While not being a great fan of GT, (he whupped me at OP :cry: ) if you get a chance to compare the in-cabin video of him, Frosty, Lowndes,...breathe Skaify, breathe, Ingall, et al, .....the guy is driving a Ferrari down Hollywood Boulevarde, the rest are driving Hillman Imps n trying to dodge a race riot in Brixton :shock:
this is what happens when one knows Jack Schidt about it! :lol:

If I could watch these things I would probably have a very different set of picks :conf3:

Maybe I should consider your viewpoint and change my picks :?: ......Nah, maybe next round.

:shock2: :shock2: :shock2: Never ever ever never take my opinions in to account for your picks :shock: :shock: :shock:
That was meant for the guys lucky enuff to see in-car camera of the pilots at work..........Tander has an armchair ride......to my ear, Rick has to work the car harder across the apex of the corners,= harder on the rears, Tander cut his racing career on FF, he knows how to flow the thing, not easy in an "Elephant with vertigo n no brakes" :shock:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame
Posts: 11205
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:51 pm
Location: At the F1 Idiots Bar.............where else?
Contact:

Post by mlittle » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:30 pm

1st: Tander
2nd: Courtney
3rd: Ingall
4th: Lowndes
5th: R. Kelly
6th: Skaife
7th: Whincup
8th: McConville

Pole: Tander
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame
Posts: 15661
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:07 am
Location: Tying the antenna to the tallest tree I can find.

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:07 pm

Pole. Lowndes
Lowndes
Tander
Whincup
R Kelly
Skaife
Courtney
T Kelly
Winterbottom.
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame
Posts: 15661
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:07 am
Location: Tying the antenna to the tallest tree I can find.

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:07 am

predicted showers across the weekend could have quite a bearing at this track 8)
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

cmlean
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2304
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:19 am
Location: Upside of Down Under
Contact:

Post by cmlean » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:07 am

Pole: Tander

1st: Tander
2nd: Skaife
3rd: Lowndes
4th: T. Kelly
5th: Winterbottom
6th: R. Kelly
7th: Whincup
8th: Davison

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame
Posts: 15661
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:07 am
Location: Tying the antenna to the tallest tree I can find.

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:58 am

GMH Holdens filled the top six spots, in practice :shock:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame
Posts: 15661
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:07 am
Location: Tying the antenna to the tallest tree I can find.

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:21 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:GMH Holdens filled the top six spots, in practice :shock:
And the top 5 in Qaul.
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Post Reply