2009 PIT CHATTER

All about V8 Supercars Racing

Moderators: Ed, Julian Mayo

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

2009 PIT CHATTER

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:46 am

The Gossip. The Rumours.This is the place!

For instance............Skaife to team up with............ :shock: Russell Ingall in The Cowboy's spare seat................... :ROTFLMAO: ....................... :shock:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:22 am

Paul Morris is attempting to attract one J. Villenueve to his spare seat for the up coming season.............. :shock: He just needs 2 mil, to get him. 8)

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:09 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:Paul Morris is attempting to attract one J. Villenueve to his spare seat for the up coming season.............. :shock: He just needs 2 mil, to get him. 8)
WOW that would be fan.. tastic!!!! Ahhhh something to look forward to this year.
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:47 pm

jacfan wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:Paul Morris is attempting to attract one J. Villenueve to his spare seat for the up coming season.............. :shock: He just needs 2 mil, to get him. 8)
WOW that would be fan.. tastic!!!! Ahhhh something to look forward to this year.
If there is one Fella who could lucky up 2mil for a V8Supercar Driver, it would be one P Morris 8)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:58 am

According to "Bigpond Sport", JV is in serious talks with Paul Morris. He is talking about relocating his family IF they agree.
Some people will do anything to get a drive around Mt. Panorama in a V8 Supercar :lol:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

LOGIC ????

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:11 pm

Okay, so our beloved V8Supercars are now going to be clean, green V8Supercars with the new Ethanol based fuel. The whisper is that most engineers have already recovered lost horsepower but, and this is what has me pondering the logic, the cars are going to use at least 30% more fuel to cover the same distance.
Now I was getting close to running out of fingers and toes, but I reckon that equates to 7.............that is SEVEN............pitstops at the Bathurst 1000 for even the leanest smoothest V8Supercar driver... :shock:
I think there will be some drivers under orders to shed kilos........ 8)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:49 am

Garth Tander has just said a lot without saying a lot, in reference to one M Skaife's retirement. if you get my drift........
"I think there will be a lot more fun in the garage, and it will probably be a bit more relaxed..........................."
He is also looking forward to Will Davison's arrival, and says there is no reason why Davo can't beat him
" I think he can, we wouldn't have hired him if he wasn't good enough........" There is more on the team's new attitude in this weeks racing magazines.
Now that Mr Walkinshaw has sole control of the team, it will be interesting to see if the drivers get the cars under them to do the job.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:00 pm

Eric "The Hulk" Bana will make his Mt Panorama debut in the 12 hour classic later this month. He will pedal a Lancer.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:43 pm

Casey Stoner has beaten a top class field in an Ice Kart race, then went on to test a Kart saying....." In the distant future I'd really like to go to V8s and Karting is the way forward.".......................... :shock:
Move over Wayne Gardner.......... :lol:

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Post by Southernman » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:17 pm

Any word with what is going on with TKR? A couple of weeks ago David John made a comment "TKR not bankrupt, I am".

My opinion is that TKR should have been finished up a couple of years ago. :twisted:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:12 pm

I will have a chance to suss that tomorrow, when cousin Belinda gets back from Pig Shooting in the Rimatakas or some such.............. 8)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:34 pm

Southernman wrote:Any word with what is going on with TKR? A couple of weeks ago David John made a comment "TKR not bankrupt, I am".

My opinion is that TKR should have been finished up a couple of years ago. :twisted:
A very tired n tatty messenger pigeon has just fluttered in,...............
Johnny Reid and ........................(sorry, the message is wet)....one other tested for TKR in Queensland about 3 days ago, and the car will grid for the Clipsal, they say.................... 8)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:32 am

TKR has fronted for the Clipsal, with Dean Fiore, a West Australian, and runner up in the Carrera cup, to pilot the thing :lol:

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Post by Southernman » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:32 am

Julian Mayo wrote:TKR has fronted for the Clipsal, with Dean Fiore, a West Australian, and runner up in the Carrera cup, to pilot the thing :lol:
I do hope that Fiore knows what he is getting into. :shock2:

From what I've heard is that Jonny Ried didn't like the contract that he was offered. :!: David John has a bad name for they way he runs things. :furious:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:10 am

Southernman wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:TKR has fronted for the Clipsal, with Dean Fiore, a West Australian, and runner up in the Carrera cup, to pilot the thing :lol:
I do hope that Fiore knows what he is getting into. :shock2:

From what I've heard is that Jonny Ried didn't like the contract that he was offered. :!: David John has a bad name for they way he runs things. :furious:
I hear that selling signage on the car is the only way his drivers get paid for their services......a hard way to put food on the table............ :shock: