All about V8 Supercars Racing

Moderators: Ed, Julian Mayo

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Procar stuff

Post by rah » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:27 pm

Hey Julian,

Any idea on what is happening with all the procar stuff that used to go on. ie Nations Cup and the Bathurst 24hr? I know the utes are now part of the V8 scene (thank god).
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Re: Procar stuff

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:37 pm

rah wrote:Hey Julian,

Any idea on what is happening with all the procar stuff that used to go on. ie Nations Cup and the Bathurst 24hr? I know the utes are now part of the V8 scene (thank god).
Sorry Im late getting back to U Rah.
Nations Cup is D.E.D. dead.
Procar whimpered and rolled over. A couple of people prodded it but it didn't stir.
Basically we had too many classes of racing vying for the shrinking sponsorship dollar, and the Avesco juggernaught crushed anything that couldn't compete. The Utes are with the V8 circus cos they pull a big crowd, so they could stand up to the cockroach, and demand terms. Cockers, love him or hate him aint stoopid.
:lol:
There is talk of a B24 hour, but it aint much more than a whisper, and will possibly turn into a whimper. I know where you can get a reasonably priced big donk Monaro with a 6 speed sequential ( or three ) :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:23 am

It's a shame but it was going to happen. I used to love the old GTP series, with the 355's and porche's lapping the little swifts. I even liked it when they split it up with nations cup the first couple of years. But then they went stupid with the Diablo GTR's and the special Monaros and othe cars. Shame about the 24hr though.
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:29 am

rah wrote:It's a shame but it was going to happen. I used to love the old GTP series, with the 355's and porche's lapping the little swifts. I even liked it when they split it up with nations cup the first couple of years. But then they went stupid with the Diablo GTR's and the special Monaros and othe cars. Shame about the 24hr though.
Yeah, I had just given in to my kids demands and was planning a three nighter. I reckon the headlights coming down from Skyline would have been awesome. :cry:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.