MOTOR SPORT QUOTES

All about V8 Supercars Racing

Moderators: Ed, Julian Mayo

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:46 pm

I would be on sidelines... :clap: :clap: :clap: and getting the odd :box: :box: in too.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:50 pm

My dawgs would like a quiet chat with him too 8)
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:59 pm

Go dawgs!!!!!! Sneak up behind and then grab a mouthfull ... :up: and make sure you use those nice little fangs.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:08 pm

jacfan wrote:Go dawgs!!!!!! Sneak up behind and then grab a mouthfull ... :up: and make sure you use those nice little fangs.
Um,let me put it to you this way.
If one of them gets hold of the north end of something, and the other gets hold of the south end, tis only a couple of bites til they meet in the middle.

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:51 am

I loved a quote from James Courtney yesterday on RPM. Whilst describing how hard he is working he said he works from 10am to 3pm up to 4 days a week. Poor petal, and here I was thinking it was an easy job.
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:06 am

rah wrote:I loved a quote from James Courtney yesterday on RPM. Whilst describing how hard he is working he said he works from 10am to 3pm up to 4 days a week. Poor petal, and here I was thinking it was an easy job.
Those Stone Bros are slave drivers :shock:

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:31 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
rah wrote:I loved a quote from James Courtney yesterday on RPM. Whilst describing how hard he is working he said he works from 10am to 3pm up to 4 days a week. Poor petal, and here I was thinking it was an easy job.
Lol I am sure he does actually a lot of work and fitness training is probably not included in that, not to mention it is hard work driving the cars and testing, but he just the way he said it was totally working against him.

He is a good driver, and he is getting there, his attitude still needs a little fine tuning though.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:38 pm

rah wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
Lol I am sure he does actually a lot of work and fitness training is probably not included in that, not to mention it is hard work driving the cars and testing, but he just the way he said it was totally working against him.

He is a good driver, and he is getting there, his attitude still needs a little fine tuning though.
So that he will be yet another plastic wind- up driver, who says only correct politikspeak ? :shock:

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:39 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
rah wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:

So that he will be yet another plastic wind- up driver, who says only correct politikspeak ? :shock:
Nah, more in the "V8's will be easy after all the cars I have driven attitude" I think he needs a few more polite rubs by a few other drivers to knock the chip off his shoulders.

A few shunts and he should be right as rain.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:26 pm

rah wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
rah wrote:

Nah, more in the "V8's will be easy after all the cars I have driven attitude" I think he needs a few more polite rubs by a few other drivers to knock the chip off his shoulders.

A few shunts and he should be right as rain.
Geez,Rah, he has already passed the $1/4million mark in damages, waddaya want, blood ? :shock:

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:47 pm

Nah not blood, but maybe a roll or two would be nice!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

katherine Legge

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:24 pm

"This isn't good",
One K Legge explaining what went thru her mind as her Champcar left the road minus rear wing at 290kmh.
:shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:45 pm

" I got to see the chequered flag for a really long time for once " Nascars Tony Stewart after running out of fuel halfway thru the final lap, and coasting to victory at Kansas Speedway :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:00 am

"This ones for Peter",
an emotional Craig Lowndes holding the inaugural Peter Brock Trophy aloft, after winning the bathurst 1000

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:38 am

Following the ChampCar race at Surfers Paradise, Team Australia's Craig Gore said the following......."Contrary to what Sebastien says, Will's times were on a par with Sebastien's. I think Bourdais snapped a cog and got greedy. When A.J. Allmendinger went out of the race, Sebastien was Champion. I think Will got into his mind this weekend. He outdrove him in practice and qualifying and he outdrove him in the race." He added this gem of a quote also......."This is the last time he'll hold up that (Vanderbilt Cup) trophy. He's won it three times in a row but the first two were against a fairly depleted field. I mean he really only had to beat Paul Tracy and Paul Tracy always crashes. Next year I will make sure one of my boys holds up the trophy." :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock: