THE SILLY SEASON

All about V8 Supercars Racing

Moderators: Ed, Julian Mayo

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:29 pm

heres two....i still got quite a few left over from the other day.... :lol:

geesh....the V8's seem to have a sillier silly season than F1....

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:45 am

Will davison is reported to have signed a contract with D ick Johnson Racing for next season (Melb Age) This will leave the veteran Glen Seton without a drive. :shock:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:51 am

Marcus Ambrose has signed a multi year driver development deal with one of the top teams in the USA. Phillip Island will be that last opportunity to see the Champion in action for a long time, if all goes to plan.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Ambrose to race in NASCAR's Truck Series

Post by mlittle » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:22 pm

Here's the speedtv link if anyone wants to look....
www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/nascar/20837/

2-time Australian V8 Supercar champion Marcus Ambrose will be heading across the pond to race in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series for the Wood Brothers/JTG Racing team next year. The multi-year deal is seen by many in the NASCAR community as the first step to a future ride in NASCAR's top-level Nextel Cup Series. Here are some quotes from the principles in the news article.....

Marcus Ambrose, Australian V8 Supercar racer....
It's an honor to be chosen from a long list of drivers who would love to be with Wood Brothers/JTG Racing. The team provides a career path through the NASCAR major series all the way to Nextel Cup. My dealings with Ford and with Ford Racing both here in Australia and in the US as well as Wood Brothers/JTG Racing have been excellent. Ford Australia President Tom Gorman has been outstanding and without his direct input this deal would have never got off the ground.
Eddie Wood, Owner, Wood Brothers Racing:
We have been blessed with some great drivers in our 55+ years in NASCAR and we had the opportunity to do some testing with Marcus in the summer. He adapted quickly to these cars and we believe that, given time, he can add to our rich driving history. Marcus has quite a driver resume. We will start him in the Craftsman Truck Series next season and watch his development closely.
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:39 pm

Ambrose and family are currently winging their way to their new home in Charlotte, Norh Carolina.
Bon Voyage and good luck.

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:35 am

Julian Mayo wrote:Ambrose and family are currently winging their way to their new home in Charlotte, Norh Carolina.
mlittle will have to keep us in the loop as to how he goes.
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:16 am

I hope he does, I will pass on any news I get :D

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:40 pm

rah wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:Ambrose and family are currently winging their way to their new home in Charlotte, Norh Carolina.
mlittle will have to keep us in the loop as to how he goes.
I don't normally follow NASCAR's three series, but the trucks are a good series, the season about twice as long as a V8 Supercar season(25 vs. 13 or so), and they race at tracks as varied as Daytona and Talledega, to high-banked ovals like Texas and Charlotte, to long ovals such as Michigan and California and even short tracks such as Martinsville, Richmond and Bristol(for the record, Bristol's banked at 36-degrees :shock: :shock: ), and two of the races in 2006(Texas and Kansas) are co-run w/the IRL races those weekends.

That said, I'll keep everyone abreast of how Ambrose does. :up: :burnout:
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:29 am

Cheers mate, it will probably be newsworthy in Aust for a while anyway if that takes some pressure off.
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:52 am

V8 development series Champion Dean Canto has signed a 3 year contract to dive with the Gary Rogers Valvoline team.
A panel beater by trade Dean has impressed Rogers in two recent outings with the team
" he can drive, certainly" said Rogers, " but also his work ethic is outstanding, he gets stuck in, and sticks it out til the job is done"
With Cameron McConville moving on there is still a vacant seat at Gary Rogers Motorsport.
Rogers said that he had taken calls from a number of out of work and off contract V8 Drivers, with a decision to be made in the near future.
One thing for sure after this silly season, is that the grid is going to look a lot different. I suspect the podium is going to feature some fresh faces also.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:28 am

Larry Perkins has lost Castrol as his major sponsor after 13 years.. He has replaced it with a three year deal with Jack Daniels. Look for S Richards and P Dumbrell in the striking new livery of the sponsor.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:31 am

Tasman Motorsport has signed Andrew Jones to a one year deal, with a further option for 2007. He replaces Jamie Whincup, who has signed with Triple 888 Racing. Jones got the drive after a 3 way shoot-out with Luke Youlden and Nathan Pretty.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:36 am

I think this is the silliest silly season yet !!!!
Just to recap
SBR.......Ambose leaves...The sponsor leaves. A new Sponsor "Jeld-Wen" and a new driver, James Courtney ( those in the know say he is better than Lowndes). Ingall re-signs for two years. Glen Seton has been offered endurance drives

Tasman....Jason Richards stays....Jamie Whincup leaves for Triple 8.
Andy Jones joins.

FPR...Mark Winterbottom joins Jason Bright, having negotiated his way from Larkham Motor Sport

Perkins loses his sponsor Caltex, after a long assosciation, gains a grog company (a first for V8supercars)

LarkhamMotor Sport (Orrcon) Brgwanna stays....take your pick for the 2nd seat

HSV....gains Toll as major sponsor.Toll ceases to exist as an entrant

WPS.....possibly unchanged but strong rumours persist the David Besnard is out of favour

DJR.....Glen Seton booted with a fistfull of dollars for his contract. Will Davison relaces him. I have lost count of the number of team-mates His son Steven has had over the last few years.

aaaaahhhgggg my head hurts

there is a lot more but suffice to say that I believe there are no more than five entrant teams who will field the same driver combos or sponsors this season

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:14 pm

Mark Larkham has sold one of his V8 supercar licences to Craig Gore, and Mark Larkham Motorsport has merged with Craig's WPS Racing to form a "Super" supercar team. Craig will apparantly step back from the day to day running of the team to focus on North American Racing with Team Australia.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:46 pm

Product lifestyle Management, official CAD supplier to FPR has renewed their alliance with FPR for the upcoming season. Quoting the "Synergies" between the two, PLM's spokesperson said they were proud to renew their relationship with FPR's desire to lead the field in V8 Supercar racing. The FPR cars will wear the PLM logo in the upcoming season.