The Monaro

Want to chat about cars ? This is the place.

Moderator: Ed

Graham Ross
Racer
Racer

The Monaro

Post by Graham Ross » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:39 pm

It seems the Aussie Monaro is getting popular all over the world :up: . Saw it featured on Top Gear today on the BBC and they mentioned that they will be getting the 6 litre version too (I believe only available on the GTO here).

A few days ago I saw a feature ad on the Speed TV website on the Monaro (what the Americans call the Pontiac GTO) and found out that they are now racing them in some sort of production racing series. Perhaps mlittle can shed some light on that. The article is at http://www.speedtv.com/pontiac/.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

The Pontiac GTO

Post by mlittle » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:57 pm

As far as I know, graham, the GTO is currently used in the Rolex Sports Car Series in both classes, the Daytona Prototypes and the Grand Touring class. Both classes use the Pontiac GTO-R model and are pretty dominant at the moment. I'd like to see them tangle w/some of the LeMans Prototypes(LMP's) from the American LeMans Series(ALMS)--you'd definitely see some beatin' and banging from both sides.
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Re: The Pontiac GTO

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:44 am

mlittle wrote:As far as I know, graham, the GTO is currently used in the Rolex Sports Car Series in both classes, the Daytona Prototypes and the Grand Touring class. Both classes use the Pontiac GTO-R model and are pretty dominant at the moment. I'd like to see them tangle w/some of the LeMans Prototypes(LMP's) from the American LeMans Series(ALMS)--you'd definitely see some beatin' and banging from both sides.
Gary Rogers Racing has the 6.7 litre, 6 speed sequential ( ex- bathurst) versions sitting in the workshop if those "Damned Yankees" get too uppity :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

jessicaportland
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by jessicaportland » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:46 pm

Aussie Monaro is getting popular all over the world

I agree with that staement.