VIP Tower

Want to relax, share an experience or just have a friendly discussion. This is the place

Moderators: cmlean, Ed

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:34 am

Cheers Mfer.
Any idea how to get gumboots offen a 17 hand T'bred/Arab cross.
The track home has dried out. :D
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:44 am

Julian Mayo wrote:Cheers Mfer.
Whatever idea you try, be very, very careful....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:39 am

mlittle wrote:
sigh,..........a tad late with that advice :cry:
Anyone want to buy a gumboot shod T'bred/Arab cross?
Meanwhile, I shall just make myself comfortable at the bar, drinking left handed. Which won't be that bad, as I can't see outa the right eye til the swelling goes down. Which is good cos I can't see all the damage to the right leg. :D

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:46 am

Julian Mayo wrote:
mlittle wrote:
Meanwhile, I shall just make myself comfortable at the bar, drinking left handed. Which won't be that bad, as I can't see outa the right eye til the swelling goes down. Which is good cos I can't see all the damage to the right leg. :D

Ouch.......barkeep, drinks all around; use the new Harrington glasses for those drinks....no, barkeep, not the Patrick glasses, the Harrington ones.....barkeep, the ones' with the sci-fi imagery on 'em, all right? There.....drinks on me this evening..... :drink: :drink: :drink:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:39 am

mlittle wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
mlittle wrote:

Ouch.......barkeep, drinks all around; use the new Harrington glasses for those drinks....no, barkeep, not the Patrick glasses, the Harrington ones.....barkeep, the ones' with the sci-fi imagery on 'em, all right? There.....drinks on me this evening..... :drink: :drink: :drink:
Anyone seen a cross (very cross) T'bred/Arab galloping around with three gumboots on? Could be lacking in traction control, approach with caution, a large bucket of oats, and a 400. Nitro Express. 8)

three-m
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by three-m » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:26 am

Spa for sure
old school, elevation changes, fast sweeper's...a true race track that has not only stood the test of time but a favorite among all the driver's who have ever raced there.
3m

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:20 am

three-m wrote:Spa for sure
old school, elevation changes, fast sweeper's...a true race track that has not only stood the test of time but a favorite among all the driver's who have ever raced there.
3m

:welcome: Welcome to the forums, three-m!

You're right about Spa.....it's one of the great road courses; Road America's very similar(I refer to it as "America's Spa").....anyway, feel free to browse all the various sub-forums; there's plenty of great sections, from Formula 1 to the awesome V8 Supercars' to MotoGP to my bailiwick, NA motorsports....there's also a trivia section as well(I've got some off-season trivia questions up there now; feel free to take a shot at 'em...) and, of course, if you need to blow off a little steam, there's always the Lounge......if you've got any questions, don't hesitate to fire off a question to me or any of the other moderators here.....

Like I said, Welcome to News On F1, three-m!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :welcome:

three-m
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by three-m » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:22 am

mlittle wrote:
three-m wrote:Spa for sure
3m

:welcome: Welcome to the forums, three-m!

You're right about Spa.....it's one of the great road courses; Road America's very similar(I refer to it as "America's Spa").....anyway, feel free to browse all the various sub-forums; there's plenty of great sections, from Formula 1 to the awesome V8 Supercars' to MotoGP to my bailiwick, NA motorsports....there's also a trivia section as well(I've got some off-season trivia questions up there now; feel free to take a shot at 'em...) and, of course, if you need to blow off a little steam, there's always the Lounge......if you've got any questions, don't hesitate to fire off a question to me or any of the other moderators here.....

Like I said, Welcome to News On F1, three-m!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :welcome:
thanks mittle

i have logged many miles at Elkhart and Mid-Ohio among many other's...I raced karts for 10 years and then wised up got my 40,000.00 piece of toilet paper I call a degree and went to work hehe

i have noticed all the different forum's and thanks again for the warm welcome. I must say I am a bit anal when it comes to F1 I have been waking up at all hours for as long as I can remember to watch all the races....long before they were on Speed....remember when they used to be on Fox Sports and they had the crappy local feed's....gosh I miss those day's LOL

3m
3M: Literally translated, 3M stands for "Three Musketeers." The term is used to describe the "all for one and one for all" ethos of the purist hacker/hobbyist.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:29 pm

Evening, barkeep.........let me have one iced tea and one of those Philly steak sandwiches if the chefs' are still around. Oh, and make sure to have one of the plasma TV's tuned to this weekend's Army-Navy football game; now that I mention it, put that iced tea in a Midshipmen stein.....anyway, Cheers!! :cheers: :cheers: :drink:

Oh...........before I forget...............
GO NAVY!!! BEAT ARMY!!! :horn: :horn: :horn:

three-m
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by three-m » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:30 am

did you say iced tea or long island iced tea
hehehe
3m
3M: Literally translated, 3M stands for "Three Musketeers." The term is used to describe the "all for one and one for all" ethos of the purist hacker/hobbyist.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:50 am

three-m wrote:did you say iced tea or long island iced tea
hehehe
3m

Regular iced tea, southern style w/lots of lemon and sugar...... :cheers: :cheers: :drink:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:46 pm

New Steins for the VIP Tower.................

To celebrate the grand re-opening of the VIP Tower, you might've noticed some new bar steins hanging up on the walls of the main tower bar with some interesting imagery on them.............here's four of them:

---that one's on the Midshipmen steins.........by the looks of 'em, I think he's already run over some Black Knights and the Army-Navy game ain't 'til Saturday........... :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

--that one on a couple of the Patrick steins; at least you know what the "Batmobile" looks like......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock:

--that's one of two different images on the Harrington steins[BTW, remember on the bonus question for the first round of off-season trivia that one of the two fictional characters had suffered the loss of an eye and arm during the course of their career........yeah, that was her I was referring to......... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: )

--here's the other of the two...........

At least now, barkeep, you'll know which one I'm referring to......... 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:55 pm

Set ' em up, many of 'em, Barperson of impressive frontal facade :lol:
Today was the last day they pushed me out of a perfectly good aircraft.
This is now a Helicopter free zone :evil:
Ensure the North, South, East n West quadruple Bofors turrets are fully manned and operational At All TIMES :twisted:
MAKE IT SO :cheers:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:40 am

Julian Mayo wrote:Set ' em up, many of 'em, Barperson of impressive frontal facade :lol:
Today was the last day they pushed me out of a perfectly good aircraft.
This is now a Helicopter free zone :evil:
Ensure the North, South, East n West quadruple Bofors turrets are fully manned and operational At All TIMES :twisted:
MAKE IT SO :cheers:
A helicopter free zone, eh? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Okay, besides the quad Bofors' 40mm on each corner there's also some vintage .50-cal Brownings' alongside, plus a couple of Stingers' along the walls(.....someone remind T-K not to fly any helicopters' around heah'.......Cessnas' are ok, Pessnas' likewise.......NO HELICOPTERS!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Anyway........evening, barkeep; I am definitely in a joyous mood tonight; my beloved Midshipmen beat the ever'-livin'-**** out of the Black Knights 38-3........DRINKS ARE ON ME THE REST OF THE WEEKEND IN THE VIP TOWER!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :drink: :drink: :drink:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:16 pm

Evening, concierge........I see the first portraits are up on the first floor.......let's see, there's one of Juan Manuel Fangio, Jim Clark, Graham Hill on the left side of the main lobby concourse, along with a portrait of Greg Moore on the right side of the concourse.

Anyway....any more suggestions for portraits, forward them and we'll see what happens. I'll be over in the main lounge.......cheers! :cheers: :cheers: :drink: :drink: :chef: