VIP Tower

Want to relax, share an experience or just have a friendly discussion. This is the place

Moderators: cmlean, Ed

The Conduit
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by The Conduit » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:26 am

WT.... that would imply, from my readings of posts, that one Julian Mayo had been recently in the environment "local".....yes?
I have a suspicion as to why one JM is "MIA".

Some 3 months ago, with my surrupticiously obtained, but valid, press pass, I yet again had the pleasure of casting my old eyes upon a creature designed to bring a man to the brink of madness. I have not seen such a thing since I first cast my eyes upon my first Hispano Suiz.
Bernice is nowhere to be seen!!!!!!!

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:07 am

The Conduit wrote:WT.... that would imply, from my readings of posts, that one Julian Mayo had been recently in the environment "local".....yes?

Some 3 months ago, with my surrupticiously obtained, but valid, press pass, I yet again had the pleasure of casting my old eyes upon a creature designed to bring a man to the brink of madness. I have not seen such a thing since I first cast my eyes upon my first Hispano Suiz.
I believe that would be the Spanish Dancer.........no wonder Julian's been absent for this long........... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Speaking of which.......welcome to the VIP Tower, Conduit; care for the grand tour? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, the tower's six floors of luxury for the News On F1 members here and it is going to be a fabulous place.......the first floor is essentially the lobby; those spaces you see along the walls are where portraits of some of the greats in open-wheel racing, past and present, are going to be placed(any suggestions should be forwarded to the concierge..... :lol: :lol: :lol: ). The second floor's going to have shops of all kinds(which reminds me....I need a haircut and a shave..... :shock: :shock: :lol: ). Third floor IIRC is going to have various restaurants and lounges(which would explain all the grilling smoke coming from that level.......... :chef: :shock: :shock: )

Then there's the fourth floor; more lounges, along with lots of wi-fi routers for Internet access(so we can keep up with the sport we all love, yes? ) along with a library of sorts(where's all those sci-fi books I've got on request here...... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) and the fifth floor has all the luxury suites and penthouses(named for various drivers, past and present.....let's see, there's the Patrick Suite, the Bourdais Suite, the Iceman Suite, etc..... :lol: :lol: 8) ). As to the sixth floor........that's for helicopter access IIRC; with the floor plans in place, there's the possibility of expanding and adding additional suites/penthouses to the sixth floor as well.

Now if we can only decide when to open the VIP Tower........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:41 pm

mlittle wrote:
The Conduit wrote:WT.... that would imply, from my readings of posts, that one Julian Mayo had been recently in the environment "local".....yes?

I believe that would be the Spanish Dancer.........no wonder Julian's been absent for this long........... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Speaking of which.......welcome to the VIP Tower, Conduit; care for the grand tour? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, the tower's six floors of luxury for the News On F1 members here and it is going to be a fabulous place.......the first floor is essentially the lobby; those spaces you see along the walls are where portraits of some of the greats in open-wheel racing, past and present, are going to be placed(any suggestions should be forwarded to the concierge..... :lol: :lol: :lol: ). The second floor's going to have shops of all kinds(which reminds me....I need a haircut and a shave..... :shock: :shock: :lol: ). Third floor IIRC is going to have various restaurants and lounges(which would explain all the grilling smoke coming from that level.......... :chef: :shock: :shock: )

Then there's the fourth floor; more lounges, along with lots of wi-fi routers for Internet access(so we can keep up with the sport we all love, yes? ) along with a library of sorts(where's all those sci-fi books I've got on request here...... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) and the fifth floor has all the luxury suites and penthouses(named for various drivers, past and present.....let's see, there's the Patrick Suite, the Bourdais Suite, the Iceman Suite, etc..... :lol: :lol: 8) ). As to the sixth floor........that's for helicopter access IIRC; with the floor plans in place, there's the possibility of expanding and adding additional suites/penthouses to the sixth floor as well.

Now if we can only decide when to open the VIP Tower........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Fer chrissakes, don't mention thespanish dancer :shock:
I am too young to die :cry:

I reckon this joint should be declared open.
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:43 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
mlittle wrote:

Don't worry; you're too young to shuffle off of this mortal coil......besides, I don't quite think the Conduit knows who the Spanish dancer is.....for that matter, neither do I...... :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock:

As for when the VIP Tower should be opened.......this weekend sound 'bout right? :lol: :lol:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:52 pm

mlittle wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
mlittle wrote:

Don't worry; you're too young to shuffle off of this mortal coil......besides, I don't quite think the Conduit knows who the Spanish dancer is.....for that matter, neither do I...... :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock:

As for when the VIP Tower should be opened.......this weekend sound 'bout right? :lol: :lol:
It aint the flamin conduit I am worried about Mfer...tis 3rd Cuz
Bernice :oops:

This weekend sounds good, I will have my favourite Bofors twins installed by then :lol:

GhoGho
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by GhoGho » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:34 am

Welcome back JM - the place has been a bit quiet without you around
I'm in shape

Round is a shape...........

:cheers:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:59 am

It'll open this weekend.......sound the trumpets; the VIP Tower reopens this weekend!! :knight: :knight: 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cheers: :cheers: :drink: :chef: :drink: :cheers:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:09 pm

GhoGho wrote:Welcome back JM - the place has been a bit quiet without you around
:oops: Dam, I thought I was a wee timid mousie making little noise. :wink:
:cheers:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:35 pm

Evening, barkeep.......one iced tea, in the Harrington glass. :drink:

Man, I tell ya', I didn't think you could fit a couple of hundred people into the tower's restaurants for the grand opening; correction, grand re-opening.....this tower's definitely open for business!! :cheers: :cheers:

Anyway; has anyone seen any of the other regulars? :shock: :shock: Oh well; they're probably circulating around.......anyhow, drinks for the weekend are on me! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :drink: :drink:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:55 am

mlittle wrote:Evening, barkeep.......one iced tea, in the Harrington glass. :drink:

Man, I tell ya', I didn't think you could fit a couple of hundred people into the tower's restaurants for the grand opening; correction, grand re-opening.....this tower's definitely open for business!! :cheers: :cheers:

Anyway; has anyone seen any of the other regulars? :shock: :shock: Oh well; they're probably circulating around.......anyhow, drinks for the weekend are on me! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :drink: :drink:
Sorry I'm late, was trying to figure out how to fit rain tyres to the horse.
Cheers all :cheers:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:59 am

Julian Mayo wrote:
mlittle wrote:Evening, barkeep.......one iced tea, in the Harrington glass. :drink:

Welcome back, Julian; as you can see, the Tower's open for business once again and it is great to see eyerything working out as planned....Cheers! :cheers: :cheers:

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:57 pm

Hmm, place looks cooler than before :up: Drinks are on me tab for the next two days. Then shall be gone for a while. :cheers:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:12 am

gkaytaz wrote:Hmm, place looks cooler than before :up: Drinks are on me tab for the next two days. Then shall be gone for a while. :cheers:
Thanks; somehow I knew the Tower's reopening would be great and it has.....thanks for taking the tab..... :cheers: :cheers: :drink:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:24 am

mlittle wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:

Welcome back, Julian; as you can see, the Tower's open for business once again and it is great to see eyerything working out as planned....Cheers! :cheers: :cheers:
Thankee, Mfer. I especially like the way the boys have made a feature out of the ol' Catalina's tailfin.......looks good sticking up outa the pond :lol:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:29 am

Julian Mayo wrote:
mlittle wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:

Thankee, Mfer. I especially like the way the boys have made a feature out of the ol' Catalina's tailfin.......looks good sticking up outa the pond :lol:
Yeah, it makes a bit of a visual beacon for certain Cessna pilots.... :wink: :lol: :lol: Then again, that was the old Catalina; the new one's decked out and ready to fly again.... :fly2:

So, anyway, now that's the tower's back in business.......Cheers! :cheers: :cheers: