To our male members..... in your dreams

Want to relax, share an experience or just have a friendly discussion. This is the place

Moderators: cmlean, Ed

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:58 pm

I am unaware of your farm. I am not sure why "they" would call you cruel and twisted or how you help humanity. What sacrifice? Unless you are in the fur trade.... in which case...hmmm. Still unclear on your reference to cruelty to the guinea pig. Have you been in Julian's meds???
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:02 am

jacfan wrote:I am unaware of your farm. I am not sure why "they" would call you cruel and twisted or how you help humanity. What sacrifice? Unless you are in the fur trade.... in which case...hmmm. Still unclear on your reference to cruelty to the guinea pig. Have you been in Julian's meds???
Julian was kind enough to lend me his entire stash, which I needed to recover from the trauma of your post :roll:

I am not sure if I am not the one being experimented upon :shock:
Lewis Hamilton & Jenson Button World Champions :)

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:09 am

Why is it sooo funny??? :? :? :? :shock: :shock: :shock:
I am totally confused.

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:11 am

OMG this is freaky. :shock: :shock:
Is Ashton Kutcher here and about to jump out of my cupboard and yell.....
"Punked"???

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:11 am

Yes!!!

Wikipedia has this to say on the subject of Guinea Pigs.
Guinea pigs
In English, the term "Guinea pig" is often used as a metaphor for a subject of scientific experimentation. This notion persists even though guinea pigs are now much less commonly used as experimental animals. In the past they had been used to isolate different bacterial strains, but in modern labs they have been replaced by mice and rats, which reproduce more quickly and which are more completely characterized genetically.

A peculiarity of guinea pigs as research animals is that they are highly sensitive to penicillin, which can cause potentially fatal cases of diarrhea and/or toxemia.[5] The cause of this is not certain,[6] and is all the more peculiar since, according to some researchers, the reaction is seasonal [citation needed], and others do not report any toxicity at all.[7] The prevalent theory is that the antibiotic actually kills off intestinal microflora that the guinea pig needs for digestion, rather than poisoning the animal itself, leaving it vulnerable to an opportunistic infection by Clostridium difficile and similar pathogens.[8] This fact, mentioned in a well-known speech by Howard Florey, is often used (usually taken out of context) as an argument against the efficacy of animal testing.[9]

Guinea pig strains used in scientific research are primarily outbred strains. Many lab guinea pig strains are based on the Dunkin-Hartley English strain and are albino, although pigmented strains are also available. Inbred strains are less common and are usually used for very specific research, such as immune system molecular biology. Of the inbred strains that have been created, the two that are still used with any frequency are "Strain 2" and "Strain 13".

Their main value to medical research is that they are one of the few animals which, like humans, cannot synthesize Vitamin C but must obtain it from diet. Guinea pigs also have an unusual insulin mutation which makes it a suitable species for the generation of anti-insulin antibodies.

On 24 August 2005 Darley Oaks Farm in the UK announced that it was ceasing breeding guinea pigs for scientific research and animal testing, after a campaign by the Save the Newchurch Guinea Pigs animal rights group, which carried out protests and attacks, including death threats and arson.

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:18 am

jacfan wrote:Utter cruelty that's what it is.
And not a Guinea Pig in sight :oops:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:18 am

Snowy wrote:Yes!!!

Wikipedia has this to say on the subject of Guinea Pigs.
Guinea pigs
In English, the term "Guinea pig" is often used as a metaphor for a subject of scientific experimentation. This notion persists even though guinea pigs are now much less commonly used as experimental animals. In the past they had been used to isolate different bacterial strains, but in modern labs they have been replaced by mice and rats, which reproduce more quickly and which are more completely characterized genetically.

A peculiarity of guinea pigs as research animals is that they are highly sensitive to penicillin, which can cause potentially fatal cases of diarrhea and/or toxemia.[5] The cause of this is not certain,[6] and is all the more peculiar since, according to some researchers, the reaction is seasonal [citation needed], and others do not report any toxicity at all.[7] The prevalent theory is that the antibiotic actually kills off intestinal microflora that the guinea pig needs for digestion, rather than poisoning the animal itself, leaving it vulnerable to an opportunistic infection by Clostridium difficile and similar pathogens.[8] This fact, mentioned in a well-known speech by Howard Florey, is often used (usually taken out of context) as an argument against the efficacy of animal testing.[9]

Guinea pig strains used in scientific research are primarily outbred strains. Many lab guinea pig strains are based on the Dunkin-Hartley English strain and are albino, although pigmented strains are also available. Inbred strains are less common and are usually used for very specific research, such as immune system molecular biology. Of the inbred strains that have been created, the two that are still used with any frequency are "Strain 2" and "Strain 13".

Their main value to medical research is that they are one of the few animals which, like humans, cannot synthesize Vitamin C but must obtain it from diet. Guinea pigs also have an unusual insulin mutation which makes it a suitable species for the generation of anti-insulin antibodies.

On 24 August 2005 Darley Oaks Farm in the UK announced that it was ceasing breeding guinea pigs for scientific research and animal testing, after a campaign by the Save the Newchurch Guinea Pigs animal rights group, which carried out protests and attacks, including death threats and arson.
I have never heard of that but it is awful.
I guess I see where you are coming from but you must realise that I was just posting something funny.

I am still unsure about your farm :shock: :shock:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:21 am

I think I might just head up the Hume Highway myself and grab some of those meds.... :shock: :shock: :shock:
Help Julian... I think ... errrrr ...ummmm .... oh dear all logical thought processes have completely left me and I might now go and ... and.. what was I thinking? Oh yeah I need a :nap: :nap: :nap:

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:24 am

jacfan wrote: I have never heard of that but it is awful.
I guess I see where you are coming from but you must realise that I was just posting something funny.

I am still unsure about your farm :shock: :shock:
Your posting was exceedingly funny and it did nothing but tickle me pink! :lol:

:roll: As for the farm it is now just a memory, the GP's no longer hop and skip carefree, the sound of 'ehum ehum ehughum' no longer fills the air and my wife and I morn their passing every day. :oops:

Would you like a bunny? I am sure I can russle one up. :)

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:31 am

jacfan wrote:You had a farm of guinea pigs? Why? I hope you did not make little fur coats out of them or sell them for school lunches!!!!
I think they are very cute and make good pets but not for eating or wearing. :evil:
Guinea pigs make excellent foot where. Where? Their fo course. Of course there their...wear? they're. Can you see then their with heir so fine and whiskers twitching. :roll:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:31 am

So you and yours bred guinea pigs? How cute. :D :D :D :D

As for the bunny, well as much as I would love one... so would my cats. They would find it very tasty.

Do you live in Australia? For some reason I thought you were Scottish or British or something like that. :?

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:33 am

:clap: :ROTFLMAO: :rolling: :bouncec: No guinea pigs... just us turkeys. :ROTFLMAO: :clap:

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:34 am

jacfan wrote:So you and yours bred guinea pigs? How cute. :D :D :D :D

As for the bunny, well as much as I would love one... so would my cats. They would find it very tasty.

Do you live in Australia? For some reason I thought you were Scottish or British or something like that. :?
Spot on the noo, right up the J Arthur... something like that :wink: :P

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:36 am

jacfan wrote: Do you live in Australia? For some reason I thought you were Scottish or British or something like that. :?
God damn I keep forgetting I'm Jamaican! Currently residing in Kingston upon Thames

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:37 am

Is that really a picture of you with that rabbit?