Geography!

Want to relax, share an experience or just have a friendly discussion. This is the place

Moderators: cmlean, Ed

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:41 am

Dang! I left the forum alone for a few hours and you all have gone wild again :) What's with everyone's sudden adherence to geography?

Whatever, let's have a drink :cheers: :drink:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:23 am

gkaytaz wrote:Dang! I left the forum alone for a few hours and you all have gone wild again :) What's with everyone's sudden adherence to geography?

Whatever, let's have a drink :cheers: :drink:
Where? :D
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:55 am

There was a debate whether the UK is part of Europe or not so while I was doing some research found out about Svalbard (which is in the arctic circle) and it caught my attention because it sounded a lot like a character from a book I read a while back!

Then Julian put his usual twist to things :wink: .......

And I enjoy my geography (when I am not sleeping or looking for emoticons or creating orphan threads or covering F1 races - oh it is the off season I just remembered), now where was that thread that had something about improving memory :?: :D

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:15 am

Slatibartfast???

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:05 pm

Ed wrote:
Oi! I resemble that remark :shock:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:30 am

Ed wrote:There was a debate whether the UK is part of Europe or not so while I was doing some research found out about Svalbard (which is in the arctic circle) and it caught my attention because it sounded a lot like a character from a book I read a while back!

And I enjoy my geography (when I am not sleeping or looking for emoticons or creating orphan threads or covering F1 races - oh it is the off season I just remembered), now where was that thread that had something about improving memory :?: :D
Admire your taking time to jot down that explanation :) You deserve a cold drink. The cabinet will be finished soon but we have a reserve batch to continue serving the needs of our regulars :cheers:

And the cabinet will be in Australia too. See how I got on-topic in a jiffy? I am gooood :mrgreen:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:31 am

By the way what was the name of the character in the book you've read?