Entertainment

Want to relax, share an experience or just have a friendly discussion. This is the place

Moderators: cmlean, Ed

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:10 pm

Ed wrote:"Even Ed" :shock: :shock:

Sounds like a miserable cold operator who just moves posts around after deleting half of them and cleaning the other half! It is a tough job but am I not supposed to share in the fun ?

I am trying at times to forget my role and chat like everyone else. It's the off season :D

I did enjoy it, thanks!
:excuse: That was based on jacfan's statement and you all know very well (if not don't bother to read the rest of this post) that it was not meant that way. I was merely pointing out that despite the huge number of posts in a short time frame Ed did not have to deal with database problems as many other busy forum admins would have.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:12 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
gkaytaz wrote: It was sheer madness :bouncest: But yeah, we've had lotsa fun. Even Ed was kinda enjoying it as Jacfan pointed out.
I read the last line of this post,.......and winced.
:danger: :danger: :danger: :danger: :danger: :danger: :shock: :shock:
Oh, die already :P
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:55 pm

gkaytaz wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
gkaytaz wrote: It was sheer madness :bouncest: But yeah, we've had lotsa fun. Even Ed was kinda enjoying it as Jacfan pointed out.
uhoh...I was afraid of this.......I bet GK can read that post.......while the rest of us cannot..........Ed moves in mysterious ways 8)
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:52 pm

gkaytaz wrote:

Sounds like a miserable cold operator who just moves posts around after deleting half of them and cleaning the other half! It is a tough job but am I not supposed to share in the fun ?

I am trying at times to forget my role and chat like everyone else. It's the off season :D

I did enjoy it, thanks!
:excuse: That was based on jacfan's statement and you all know very well (if not don't bother to read the rest of this post) that it was not meant that way. I was merely pointing out that despite the huge number of posts in a short time frame Ed did not have to deal with database problems as many other busy forum admins would have.
Yes I do know very well that :D

There were major problems tonight :(

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:44 am

Ed wrote: There were major problems tonight :(
The forum seemed to be down for a while. I thought it was my connection. Then the avatars disappeared for a few minutes. Now it looks okay to me. Bet the other forums got jealous and sent their negative energy to us :evil:

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:45 am

Julian Mayo wrote:
gkaytaz wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
uhoh...I was afraid of this.......I bet GK can read that post.......while the rest of us cannot..........Ed moves in mysterious ways 8)
I have ears and eyes everywhere. Big brother is watching you! 8)

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:02 pm

I did enjoy it, thanks!
Ed, I am truly sorry if I have offended you in any way. I only said that because it was the first time I had seen you join in a conversation. I do not think of you as a "miserable cold operator". I think you do a great job of keeping us all informed on what is happening in the world of F1, and keeping us all in line, not to mention all the spam and stuff you have to deal with.
I actually thought it was great that you had some time to join in on a conversation that was in lots of ways, totally irrelevant.
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:13 pm

jacfan and gkaytaz, I was only joking! (I was just trying to be like everyone else :cry: )

Absolutely no need to apologise and let me assure you that I was not offended in any way. Like everyone else I enjoyed that evening (err afternoon/morning) a lot.

Lets keep it up and widen our reach further :D

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:50 pm

Ed wrote:jacfan and gkaytaz, I was only joking! (I was just trying to be like everyone else :cry: )

Absolutely no need to apologise and let me assure you that I was not offended in any way. Like everyone else I enjoyed that evening (err afternoon/morning) a lot.

my typing finger will not cope with too many nights like that, Ed :!: :shock:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:34 pm

Ed wrote:jacfan and gkaytaz, I was only joking! (I was just trying to be like everyone else :cry: )

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:23 pm

We're cool :D Today the forum seems to be lightning fast. Did you guys update something?

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:26 am

The hosting company carried out major maintenance work on the server and that is why it was down for around 2 hours. We then carried out maintenance on the database. Hopefully that is the reason!!

Also spammer activity has been less over the last couple days.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:38 am

HALL OF INFAMY ???? :?

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:13 pm

Ed wrote:The hosting company carried out major maintenance work on the server and that is why it was down for around 2 hours. We then carried out maintenance on the database. Hopefully that is the reason!!

Right now there is a distinct increase in speed. :)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:39 am

gkaytaz wrote:
Ed wrote:The hosting company carried out major maintenance work on the server and that is why it was down for around 2 hours. We then carried out maintenance on the database. Hopefully that is the reason!!

Right now there is a distinct increase in speed. :)
"Slow down, slow down........................krrrrrerash :D