Entertainment

Want to relax, share an experience or just have a friendly discussion. This is the place

Moderators: cmlean, Ed

User avatar
gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner
Posts: 3557
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:18 am
Location: Revelstone

Post by gkaytaz » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:10 pm

Ed wrote:"Even Ed" :shock: :shock:

Sounds like a miserable cold operator who just moves posts around after deleting half of them and cleaning the other half! It is a tough job but am I not supposed to share in the fun ?

I am trying at times to forget my role and chat like everyone else. It's the off season :D

I did enjoy it, thanks!
:excuse: That was based on jacfan's statement and you all know very well (if not don't bother to read the rest of this post) that it was not meant that way. I was merely pointing out that despite the huge number of posts in a short time frame Ed did not have to deal with database problems as many other busy forum admins would have.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

User avatar
gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner
Posts: 3557
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:18 am
Location: Revelstone

Post by gkaytaz » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:12 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
gkaytaz wrote: It was sheer madness :bouncest: But yeah, we've had lotsa fun. Even Ed was kinda enjoying it as Jacfan pointed out.
I read the last line of this post,.......and winced.
:danger: :danger: :danger: :danger: :danger: :danger: :shock: :shock:
Oh, die already :P
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame
Posts: 15661
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:07 am
Location: Tying the antenna to the tallest tree I can find.

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:55 pm

gkaytaz wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
gkaytaz wrote: It was sheer madness :bouncest: But yeah, we've had lotsa fun. Even Ed was kinda enjoying it as Jacfan pointed out.
I read the last line of this post,.......and winced.
:danger: :danger: :danger: :danger: :danger: :danger: :shock: :shock:
Oh, die already :P
uhoh...I was afraid of this.......I bet GK can read that post.......while the rest of us cannot..........Ed moves in mysterious ways 8)
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor
Posts: 22255
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:24 pm

Post by Ed » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:52 pm

gkaytaz wrote:
Ed wrote:"Even Ed" :shock: :shock:

Sounds like a miserable cold operator who just moves posts around after deleting half of them and cleaning the other half! It is a tough job but am I not supposed to share in the fun ?

I am trying at times to forget my role and chat like everyone else. It's the off season :D

I did enjoy it, thanks!
:excuse: That was based on jacfan's statement and you all know very well (if not don't bother to read the rest of this post) that it was not meant that way. I was merely pointing out that despite the huge number of posts in a short time frame Ed did not have to deal with database problems as many other busy forum admins would have.
Yes I do know very well that :D

There were major problems tonight :(

User avatar
gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner
Posts: 3557
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:18 am
Location: Revelstone

Post by gkaytaz » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:44 am

Ed wrote: There were major problems tonight :(
The forum seemed to be down for a while. I thought it was my connection. Then the avatars disappeared for a few minutes. Now it looks okay to me. Bet the other forums got jealous and sent their negative energy to us :evil:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

User avatar
gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner
Posts: 3557
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:18 am
Location: Revelstone

Post by gkaytaz » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:45 am

Julian Mayo wrote:
gkaytaz wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote: I read the last line of this post,.......and winced.
:danger: :danger: :danger: :danger: :danger: :danger: :shock: :shock:
Oh, die already :P
uhoh...I was afraid of this.......I bet GK can read that post.......while the rest of us cannot..........Ed moves in mysterious ways 8)
I have ears and eyes everywhere. Big brother is watching you! 8)
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

User avatar
jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 5546
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:24 pm
Location: I come from the land down under!!

Post by jacfan » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:02 pm

Ed wrote:"Even Ed" :shock: :shock:

Sounds like a miserable cold operator who just moves posts around after deleting half of them and cleaning the other half! It is a tough job but am I not supposed to share in the fun ?

I am trying at times to forget my role and chat like everyone else. It's the off season :D

I did enjoy it, thanks!
Ed, I am truly sorry if I have offended you in any way. I only said that because it was the first time I had seen you join in a conversation. I do not think of you as a "miserable cold operator". I think you do a great job of keeping us all informed on what is happening in the world of F1, and keeping us all in line, not to mention all the spam and stuff you have to deal with.
I actually thought it was great that you had some time to join in on a conversation that was in lots of ways, totally irrelevant.
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor
Posts: 22255
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:24 pm

Post by Ed » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:13 pm

jacfan and gkaytaz, I was only joking! (I was just trying to be like everyone else :cry: )

Absolutely no need to apologise and let me assure you that I was not offended in any way. Like everyone else I enjoyed that evening (err afternoon/morning) a lot.

Lets keep it up and widen our reach further :D

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame
Posts: 15661
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:07 am
Location: Tying the antenna to the tallest tree I can find.

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:50 pm

Ed wrote:jacfan and gkaytaz, I was only joking! (I was just trying to be like everyone else :cry: )

Absolutely no need to apologise and let me assure you that I was not offended in any way. Like everyone else I enjoyed that evening (err afternoon/morning) a lot.

Lets keep it up and widen our reach further :D
my typing finger will not cope with too many nights like that, Ed :!: :shock:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

User avatar
jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 5546
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:24 pm
Location: I come from the land down under!!

Post by jacfan » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:34 pm

Ed wrote:jacfan and gkaytaz, I was only joking! (I was just trying to be like everyone else :cry: )

Absolutely no need to apologise and let me assure you that I was not offended in any way. Like everyone else I enjoyed that evening (err afternoon/morning) a lot.

Lets keep it up and widen our reach further :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

User avatar
gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner
Posts: 3557
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:18 am
Location: Revelstone

Post by gkaytaz » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:23 pm

Ed wrote:jacfan and gkaytaz, I was only joking! (I was just trying to be like everyone else :cry: )

Absolutely no need to apologise and let me assure you that I was not offended in any way. Like everyone else I enjoyed that evening (err afternoon/morning) a lot.

Lets keep it up and widen our reach further :D
We're cool :D Today the forum seems to be lightning fast. Did you guys update something?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor
Posts: 22255
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:24 pm

Post by Ed » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:26 am

The hosting company carried out major maintenance work on the server and that is why it was down for around 2 hours. We then carried out maintenance on the database. Hopefully that is the reason!!

Also spammer activity has been less over the last couple days.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame
Posts: 15661
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:07 am
Location: Tying the antenna to the tallest tree I can find.

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:38 am

HALL OF INFAMY ???? :?
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

User avatar
gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner
Posts: 3557
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:18 am
Location: Revelstone

Post by gkaytaz » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:13 pm

Ed wrote:The hosting company carried out major maintenance work on the server and that is why it was down for around 2 hours. We then carried out maintenance on the database. Hopefully that is the reason!!

Also spammer activity has been less over the last couple days.
Right now there is a distinct increase in speed. :)
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame
Posts: 15661
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:07 am
Location: Tying the antenna to the tallest tree I can find.

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:39 am

gkaytaz wrote:
Ed wrote:The hosting company carried out major maintenance work on the server and that is why it was down for around 2 hours. We then carried out maintenance on the database. Hopefully that is the reason!!

Also spammer activity has been less over the last couple days.
Right now there is a distinct increase in speed. :)
"Slow down, slow down........................krrrrrerash :D

Post Reply