Anything Cricket!

Want to relax, share an experience or just have a friendly discussion. This is the place

Moderators: cmlean, Ed

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:01 pm

Anyone watching the test series here between India & Australia
An F1 Idiot!!!

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Post by Southernman » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:02 am

Kapel wrote:Anyone watching the test series here between India & Australia
I have been. It's a pity that the standard of umpiring hasn't been up to scratch. :( I do hope that India does complete it's tour. Australias reputation of being able to sledge other teams and not be able to take it back has been a big talking point in this country. Ricky Ponting image will never be the same and Symonds will be knowing as a sook for the rest of his career. There are alot worse things that a player can be called than monkey.

Australia is a great team on ability and I do admire what they have achieved but they should look at the etiquette of the sport.

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:05 pm

i know..the australian cricket team sheerly on the basis of skills could beat any team anyday..which they have been doing for years now..
We Indians know that there is a slim chance of winning a test match for the Indian team down under...but we would be happy if we drew :wink:

Apart from the game..i was suprised n hurt with the racial slur allegation on bhajji...we Indians are on the hitlist list for racism..cant even think of giving a racist remark to anyone..most of r time goes in defending racism against us :lol:

Also wanted to know if in Australia ,calling someone 'monkey' is a racist remark??? cos we have a God who was a monkey n is worshipped by every Indian.. :roll: :?
N Donkey & Monkey calling is still better than calling someone ba****d..

ICC should lay down a list of things that could be used in the heat of the moment..i guess :lol:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Post by Southernman » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:37 pm

Being called a monkey is not racist in either New Zealand or Australia. I was surprised that the Australian team took offence to the comment at all considering the comments they like to make to others.

Questions remain about how come the Indian player got a three match suspension when neither the umpire nor stump microphones picked up the comments. It was a case of the Australian players word versus the Indian players word. Stump microphone have picked up Australian players calling an opposition player a ba****d when New Zealand played them before this series.

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:54 pm

Well on the ban..i have my serious doubt of Mr.Procter..
This man banned Rashid Latif for 3 test ,the then Pakistani Skipper, against Bangladesh, who appealed for a catch where the tv replay showed the catch didnt carry...(the batsman was given out)..He was banned cos he claimed the catch which was not clean..he was banned for not playing in the spirit of the game...
Now this same match referee ignores all the appeals n decisions given in the match only cos the players belong to the world champion team???...
In this entire contest ,i would plainly n simply put the blame on Mr. Procter for ignoring every issue in the match n just concentrating on one..which also doesnt have any evidence :lol:

Dont wanna comment of Ponting & Clarke...but was most suprised with Gilchrist appealing for Dravid catch when it hit the pad...i always repected Gilchrist for his matchplay..

Probably this prompted Kumble to say what he did...

Very sad.... :cry:
An F1 Idiot!!!

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:39 pm

I can't see why, if there was a problem, that it could not have been sorted between the two captains.
The ban is stupid.
I do however believe that the press love beating these things up and stirring up trouble.
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:05 am

We was wupped. :shock:

:furious:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:01 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:We was wupped. :shock:

We played like a bunch of school kids!!!! :evil:
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:42 pm

jacfan wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:We was wupped. :shock:

We played like a bunch of school kids!!!! :evil:
IMHO, not as well as that.
:cry:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Post by Southernman » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:50 pm

Apart from the first innings batting I don't think Australia played that badly. India were the better side in this test and they should be congatulated for the way they played. :clap:

The loss could be the best thing that could have happened to the Australian cricket team as they were starting to get carried away with how good they were and they needed to be brought back to earth. Australia will be alot stronger for the loss. Team selection will be improved for the last test. 8)

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:19 pm

Now the loss in the One day Series would definitely shake up the Australian team..need to get rid of some old stars and start getting some young players in..Wonder y the new Australian players join the team after they 25 or 26 yr old??:shock:

I honestly didnt believe this yound Indian side had an outside chance in the 50 overs game. :shock: :D
An F1 Idiot!!!