New game to play !!!!!

Want to relax, share an experience or just have a friendly discussion. This is the place

Moderators: cmlean, Ed

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

New game to play !!!!!

Post by <T-K> » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:00 am

OK OK, so we all know about the 8'n pole competition where you guess the first 8 finishers(plus pole....duh) ........so, why dont we turn it around, what are your picks for the LAST 8 finishers for the french and british GP's ???......heres what i think:

France:
18- Albers
17- Kartikeyan
16- Friesacher
15- JV
14- Klien
13- Sato
12- DC
11- Massa

Silverstone:
17- Montiero
16- Albers
15- Massa
14- Sato
13- Rhubino
12- Klien
11- JV
10- Alonso

The winner wil get.......um...well i havn't really thought about it yet.....

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:15 pm

"Show us the money"- Bernie :wink:
An F1 Idiot!!!

K-D
Racer
Racer

Post by K-D » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:06 am

I need clarification of the rules, are we "betting" on the first 8 to retire from the race, or the last 8 classified drivers??

8)
K-D

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:32 am

We are betting on the last 8 classified drivers, not people who retire, so if for example there are only 17 finishers, you will bet on positions 10- 17 (ie. the last 8 drivers STILL IN the race)..and at the end of the race who ever has the most drivers in their correct spots wins (so you should be gunning for exactly 8/8 positions, coming close doesnt count, you need to bet on the drivers in the EXACT position they finish in)...DNF`s and disqualifications dont count as the last place....hope that clears it up any more questions just ask

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:40 am

Kapel wrote:"Show us the money"- Bernie :wink:
"Show us your picks" - <T-K> :wink:

K-D
Racer
Racer

Post by K-D » Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:09 am

17) Freisacher
16) Albers
15) Monteiro
14) Villeneuve
13) Klien
12) Sato
11) Webber
10) Massa

8)
K-D

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:19 pm

9)Sato
10)DC
11)Klien
12)JV
13)Massa
14)Narain
15)Monteiro
16)Albers
An F1 Idiot!!!

K-D
Racer
Racer

Post by K-D » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:48 pm

<T-K> wrote:We are betting on the last 8 classified drivers, not people who retire, so if for example there are only 17 finishers, you will bet on positions 10- 17 (ie. the last 8 drivers STILL IN the race)..and at the end of the race who ever has the most drivers in their correct spots wins (so you should be gunning for exactly 8/8 positions, coming close doesnt count, you need to bet on the drivers in the EXACT position they finish in)...DNF`s and disqualifications dont count as the last place....hope that clears it up any more questions just ask
Just for my clarified clarification, you can retire and be classified. If you cover 90% of the race, when compared to the winner of the race you are classified in the final result.

I take this to mean that this game is for the last 8 in the official classification.

Kindly confirm.

8)
K-D

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:50 pm

K-D wrote:
<T-K> wrote:We are betting on the last 8 classified drivers, not people who retire, so if for example there are only 17 finishers, you will bet on positions 10- 17 (ie. the last 8 drivers STILL IN the race)..and at the end of the race who ever has the most drivers in their correct spots wins (so you should be gunning for exactly 8/8 positions, coming close doesnt count, you need to bet on the drivers in the EXACT position they finish in)...DNF`s and disqualifications dont count as the last place....hope that clears it up any more questions just ask
Just for my clarified clarification, you can retire and be classified. If you cover 90% of the race, when compared to the winner of the race you are classified in the final result.

I take this to mean that this game is for the last 8 in the official classification.

Kindly confirm.

8)
Using K-D's correct formula
Mine are
Button
ralf
Monteiro
albers
Schuey
Sato
monty
nick :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Bundy
Racer
Racer

Post by Bundy » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:08 pm

Monteiro
albers
Sato
JPM
NH
JV
FM
RS
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.......

I'm no ordinary idiot. I'm an F1 idiot!!!
146th in 8'n'Pole 2007
293rd in 8'n'Pole 2006

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:42 pm

K-D wrote:

Kindly confirm.

8)
Ok, that is true, but the way this works is, if their car is still circulating the track (not sitting behind a barrier or in the pitlane) at the end of the race (and being pushed around doesnt count by the way) then they are counted as last place.. long story short, Their car must still be functioning and going around the track. so yes, the last 8 OFFICIAL classified drivers...

Are you trying to find loopholes in this game :? :mrgreen:

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:49 pm

julian mayo wrote: Using K-D's correct formula
Mine are
Button
ralf
Monteiro
albers
Schuey
Sato
monty
nick :lol:
I take it you have got button down for last place, not nick ?

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:39 pm

<T-K> wrote:Their car must still be functioning and going around the track. so yes, the last 8 OFFICIAL classified drivers...
T-K, the above can be confusing.

An official classification of a race doesn't care if the driver was running or not at the end of the race. As long as a driver completed 90% of the race then they will be classified.
From the Sporting Regulations:
159) Cars having covered less than 90% of the number of laps covered by the winner (rounded down to the
nearest whole number of laps), will not be classified.
I beleive that is what K-D was asking for.

For example, at the Nurburgring, Kimi Raikkonen was classified 9th even though he was not "still functioning and going around the track"

To avoid confusion, I suggest you use the last 8 according to the official classification rather than the last 8 running.

I think this game is very very tough :wink:

Good luck :D

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:52 pm

Ed wrote:
<T-K> wrote:Their car must still be functioning and going around the track. so yes, the last 8 OFFICIAL classified drivers...
T-K, the above can be confusing.

An official classification of a race doesn't care if the driver was running or not at the end of the race. As long as a driver completed 90% of the race then they will be classified.
From the Sporting Regulations:
159) Cars having covered less than 90% of the number of laps covered by the winner (rounded down to the nearest whole number of laps), will not be classified.
I beleive that is what K-D was asking for.

For example, at the Nurburgring, Kimi Raikkonen was classified 9th even though he was not "still functioning and going around the track"

To avoid confusion, I suggest you use the last 8 according to the official classification rather than the last 8 running.

I think this game is very very tough :wink:

Good luck :D

So do I, no doubt the magnificent prize will compensate!!! :shock:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:57 pm

Ask T-K :D