If I was running the new game

Want to relax, share an experience or just have a friendly discussion. This is the place

Moderators: cmlean, Ed

K-D
Racer
Racer

If I was running the new game

Post by K-D » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:02 pm

The points would have been handed out already, and I would have used a slightly different format.

1) Points for all drivers guessed, that actually finished in the range of the 8 last classified finishers.

2) Points given in a sliding scale 8 points for having driver in correct spot, 7 for being on of, 6 for being two of, 5 for being 3 of, etc etc etc.

The French Grand Prix would then hav scored:

Kapel - 31 points
JayVee - 24 points *
Lloyd - 22 points
K-D - 22 points
<TK> - 13 points

There were a couple of entries that could not be considered, since they failed to give the positions that the posters guessed the drivers to finish in.

* The fair JayVee had select "RS" to finish both 9th and 10th, the points have been issued based on this being a typing error, and awarded 7 points for the last "RS", under the presumption that this was in actuality "TS".

8)
K-D

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:32 pm

Cool,i like this scoring system,obviously cos i'm on top :wink: :lol:

Well done K-D :wink: :up:
An F1 Idiot!!!

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:11 pm

I can't really remember who I had planned to put first Ralf or Taku. My fault and I should clarify for Britian

But I think T-K is going to the British GP and will score after that. Not sure though
8)
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:30 am

That is actually very close (almost exact actually) to how i was going to score it, but i was only going to allow people to be off by three maximum, and i was going to give ten points for every exact position, 8 for being one off, 6 for being two off, and 5 for being 3 off, any more off than that and you get zip, nothing, nada.........but your way could work too i suppose... 8)