Myspace...

Want to relax, share an experience or just have a friendly discussion. This is the place

Moderators: cmlean, Ed

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:10 pm

jacfan wrote:Cool... meet you at the bar. :D
Ladies lounge :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:33 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:59 pm

<T-K> wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:
:why: JM is a ladies man you know :)
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Tim
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tim » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:31 pm

<T-K> wrote:
gkaytaz wrote:
<T-K> wrote: Yeah...I deleted it a while ago.......it got too irritating trying stop all the spammers who would pop up posting "Formula 1 sucks" messages.......
That makes one realize who Ed and Tim have to put up with... Pity that some folks live solely to irritate others. :fly:
Yep....I thought it wouldnt be too much of a challenge, but there were about 40-50 a day :shock: , it got too much...........Hats off to ed & Tim :clap:
Thanks guys!

We don't get that many spam registrations every day. I would say the average would be around 15 registrations. This despite 5 different measures we have taken to limit it. If it was open, I suspect we'd have hundreds per day. The measures mainly stop the bots (the automated spammers)
The ones that get in are manually entered as they appear as regular users wishing to register.

It is a challenge and it is difficult when you have to decide whether to remove a user that you think is a spammer.

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:39 pm

Tim wrote: Thanks guys!

We don't get that many spam registrations every day. I would say the average would be around 15 registrations. This despite 5 different measures we have taken to limit it. If it was open, I suspect we'd have hundreds per day. The measures mainly stop the bots (the automated spammers)
The ones that get in are manually entered as they appear as regular users wishing to register.

It is a challenge and it is difficult when you have to decide whether to remove a user that you think is a spammer.
No worries Tim. I think all regular users here can recognize a spammer when they see one. The bigger slice of the responsibility cake is ours (users'), including but not limited to: not clicking on the spam links, never responding to junk PMs, simply ignoring all spam attempts and reporting suspicious people at once. We all come here to enjoy some friendly conversation and share our thoughts on F1. No single-digit IQ spammer can possibly bring any harm upon that. We won't allow it! :cheers:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:01 am

gkaytaz wrote:
<T-K> wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:
:why: JM is a ladies man you know :)
I was referring to the fact that drinks are on me :)

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:04 am

I will take a couple of those.... :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: Ahhhhhhhh that is better....... :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: ... betta shtill.....who give the flying fickle finger of fate???
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:54 am

jacfan wrote:I will take a couple of those.... :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: Ahhhhhhhh that is better....... :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: ... betta shtill.....who give the flying fickle finger of fate???
:notme: :P :lol: