Stupidity test!!!

Want to relax, share an experience or just have a friendly discussion. This is the place

Moderators: cmlean, Ed

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Stupidity test!!!

Post by <T-K> » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:37 am

This is a little test to see your intelligence levels... :lol:

(Passing requires 4 correct answers...)

1) How long did the Hundred Years War last?

2) Which country makes Panama hats?

3) From which animal do we get catgut?

4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?

5) What is a camel's hair brush made of?

6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal?

7) What was King George VI's first name?

8) What color is a purple finch?

9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from?

10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane?

I will post the answers after you have posted your answers... :lol:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:19 am

1. It depends on which historians you agree with. Some say it began with the death of Charles 1v in 1328 and effectively ended with the capture of Paris in 1436 by Charles the v11. that would make it 118 years.
Others say it started with hostilities in 1346 and died with a whimper, and no treaty in 1453. That would make it 107 years.

2. The true panama hat is made only in Ecuador from the Toquilla plant

3. Catgut is made from the intestines of a number of animals, but primarily from sheep.

4. I believe there are 2 months on which it is celebrated, the first being February to mark the ousting of the Tsar Nicholas , and there are official celebrations to mark the overthrowing of the existing government in October of 1917, hence "Red October".

5. Camel hair bristles when available, but most commonly from Boars hair bristle.

6. I suspect the archipelagio is named from the latin "insularia canaria' meaning Island of Dogs

8) Emerald Green

9. China, New Zealand is now one of the worldds largest exporters of them, having renamed them Kiwi Fruit

10. The Australian inventor of them, Dr David Warren produced a black box. The colour was then changed to orange so that they could be more easily found, but the name "black box" was kept because they record secretly.
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:00 pm

Wow julian, you've really done your homework....
Julian Mayo wrote:1. It depends on which historians you agree with. Some say it began with the death of Charles 1v in 1328 and effectively ended with the capture of Paris in 1436 by Charles the v11. that would make it 118 years.
Others say it started with hostilities in 1346 and died with a whimper, and no treaty in 1453. That would make it 107 years.
So close....it was 116 years.....half a mark
Correct.......
3. Catgut is made from the intestines of a number of animals, but primarily from sheep.
Sheep and horses....but you got it right...
4. I believe there are 2 months on which it is celebrated, the first being February to mark the ousting of the Tsar Nicholas , and there are official celebrations to mark the overthrowing of the existing government in October of 1917, hence "Red October".
Its celebrated in November
5. Camel hair bristles when available, but most commonly from Boars hair bristle.
Squirrel fur actually
6. I suspect the archipelagio is named from the latin "insularia canaria' meaning Island of Dogs
Correct....
8. Emerald Green
Crimson....bt i will give it to you because im nice 8)
9. China, New Zealand is now one of the worldds largest exporters of them, having renamed them Kiwi Fruit
Correct.....
10. The Australian inventor of them, Dr David Warren produced a black box. The colour was then changed to orange so that they could be more easily found, but the name "black box" was kept because they record secretly.
Correct....

WOW....seven&a half out of ten....impressive....But i will give you an extra one&a half marks because you spent so much effort to look up all the answers on the net... :lol: so 9/10 for you.... :D

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:04 am

<T-K> wrote:Wow julian, you've really done your homework....
Julian Mayo wrote:1. It depends on which historians you agree with. Some say it began with the death of Charles 1v in 1328 and effectively ended with the capture of Paris in 1436 by Charles the v11. that would make it 118 years.
So close....it was 116 years.....half a mark
Correct.......
Sheep and horses....but you got it right...
Its celebrated in November
Squirrel fur actually
Correct....
8. Emerald Green
Crimson....bt i will give it to you because im nice 8)
Correct.....
Correct....

WOW....seven&a half out of ten....impressive....But i will give you an extra one&a half marks because you spent so much effort to look up all the answers on the net... :lol: so 9/10 for you.... :D
Prove you are right and I am wrong, and have you ever heard of weighty tomes full of facts. They feel so good to hold, and peruse.
Kiwi fruit I knew
Black boxes I knew.
Camel hair, depends on the country, distinct lack of squirrels in many

The Bird watchers guide says what I say
The Canary Isles I remember thanks to a brilliant latin Teacher
I will accept nothing less than 99:9 %
8)

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:43 am

true about the camel hair.....
and the purple finch APPARENTLY varies between crimson and emerald green, depending on which part of the world they are from :?: (that confused me aswell....)

But i did notice that you skipped question seven..... :lol:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:06 am

deliberately, I should think, everyone kmows it was Albert !

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:52 am

Julian Mayo wrote:deliberately, I should think, everyone kmows it was Albert !
:lol: Everyone except me apparently :lol: