Rugby union/League

Want to relax, share an experience or just have a friendly discussion. This is the place

Moderators: cmlean, Ed

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:31 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:The Wallabies have wobbled to a 20-18 victory over Sth Africa. The springboks deserved to win imho. There were more than 80 kicks in the game, ho hum. Australiaa clicked in to gear when Gregan was pulled from the field with 10 minutes to go. A bloody awful game to watch.
It was painful to watch......it looked more like school rugby than a test match.....

Montgomery had a blooming awful game....we could have won it if he had converted all his kicks......and that pathetic drop goal attempt....

Larkham seemed in his own world as well......

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Post by Southernman » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:15 am

The skill level in the last clash between South Africa and Australia was shocking.

Tonight the All Blacks will be trying to get a perfect win record in this years tri-nations.

The All Blacks won the tri-nations two weeks ago when they beat Australia 31-27 in a hard fought win. In the past the AB's would of lost close games like that. Tuquiri impressed for Australia. It's a pity he will be remembered for his spear tackle. :(

Last week the All Blacks had a easy 45-26 win over South Africa.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:05 pm

Southernman wrote:The skill level in the last clash between South Africa and Australia was shocking.

Tonight the All Blacks will be trying to get a perfect win record in this years tri-nations.

The All Blacks won the tri-nations two weeks ago when they beat Australia 31-27 in a hard fought win. In the past the AB's would of lost close games like that. Tuquiri impressed for Australia. It's a pity he will be remembered for his spear tackle. :(

1;15 into the game n this Ref has me worried :?
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:58 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
Southernman wrote:The skill level in the last clash between South Africa and Australia was shocking.

1;15 into the game n this Ref has me worried :?
Mr white = "The Dancing Queen"......"look at me, look at me"
The worst thing they ever did was mike the Refs, they all think they are bloody movie stars.
It's half time, imho opinion the AB's should win, if there is any continuity of play.....Jerry Collins is "into it"., Carter is busting the line every time.......cheerist that guy is only 24 :shock:
Seth Efrika are a real Jekyl n Hyde team,......they are far better than last time.
Good to see the Ox go boring in to a maul, doing his usual rib breaking thing with his melon, then come lurching out with a dent in it :evil:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Post by Southernman » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:34 am

South Africa have ended the All Blacks run of 15 wins in a row by winning 21-20. It was a good game to watch. :D

The ground was under size and that helped the Springboks. The AB's prefer wide ground with the pace they have in the backline.

With the world cup a year away the AB's need to work on line outs, and sort out discipline problems. So'oialo cost the AB's twice with a disallowed try in the first half and the penalty that gave the Springboks the win. :cry:

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Post by Southernman » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:17 am

The way the All Blacks played against an understrength South African team doesn't give me much hope for their chances at at rugby world cup.

They won the match but the way they played left alot to be desired. I do hope they play better in the Tri nations decider against Australia next week.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:22 am

It was a scrappy old game. :cry: One could remove the "s" from scrappy.

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Post by Southernman » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:31 am

Julian Mayo wrote:It was a scrappy old game. :cry: One could remove the "s" from scrappy.
Thats a polite description of the match. :cry: The scrums were a mess as were rucks and mauls. Ball handling left alot to be desired. I can't come up with a positive apart from the final result. :twisted: