Want to relax, share an experience or just have a friendly discussion. This is the place

Moderators: cmlean, Ed

badcooky
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by badcooky » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:18 pm

Well a newbie here anyway.
Loved F1 for ages I liked Lauda then Rosberg,before i liked Senna then after he was killed I liked Schumaker,still like him but not as much as before.
I like Montoya and Raikonnen now .Didn't realise how good Hakkinen was untill he was gone.
Like Webber because I am an Aussie.
Love Ferrari,but still dig Ron Dennis and Flavio and Sir Frank and Stoddart
Have had a year in the wilderness and not watched any F1 in 05.
Back now don't even know who or what is hot yet,haven't even had a look at testing but i will.
If anyone has seen some good new talent point 'em out for me by way of a reply to this and i'll check em out.
So anyway G'day to you all.
When I think of something good i'll change to it.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:58 pm

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :havefun: Welcome, badcooky! I'm one of the forum moderators here(speciality's North American Motorsports) and I think you'll definitely enjoy the NewsOnF1 site, especially the forums. 8) :lol: :lol: 8) 8)

As far as 2005......you missed the changing of an era. Michael's 5-yr. reign as WDC ended, and Fernando Alonso is the current WDC. He's got a pretty good shot at repeating as champion, but...he's got both McLaren drivers(Raikkonen & Montoya) to contend with for both WDC and WCC, so it should be an interesting fight(the question seems to be whether the McLaren MP4-21 can be reliable and fast.... :shock: ). Of course, Schumacher's going to fight and reclaim his title, and there could be challenges from Honda(Barrichello &/or Button) and possibly Williams(w/Webber), so 2006 will be an interesting season to watch.

As far as new talent.......well, Williams' second driver, Nico Rosberg, is new to F1, but there were a few driver changes from team to team that were interesting. Felipe Massa headed from Sauber over to Ferrari, replacing Rubens Barrichello, who jaunted over to Honda(formerly BAR-Honda) to partner Jenson Button, and Nick Heidfield, who was w/then Williams-BMW, is now w/Sauber-BMW, partnering alongside 1997 WDC Jacques Villeneuve. The biggest change, however, won't occur until 2007, when Alonso, who is w/Renault, slides over to McLaren, which means either Raikkonen or Montoya is gone from there(rumors have it that Raikkonen is possibly headed to Ferrari....)

Anyway, welcome, badcooky, and enjoy! :clap: :clap: :bounce: :bouncey: :bouncec: :burnout: :bouncest: :bounceg:
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:01 am

You've summed up the year pretty well mlittle :wink:

:welcome: badcooky to the Forums, we used to have a regular contributor a few years ago in the old "Have Your Say" section who went by the sign name cooky. If you are by any chance the same person then :welcome: back.

In any case, I hope you will enjoy debating this season with fellow F1 fans here on the Forums.

Enjoy 8)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Re: Newbie

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:27 am

badcooky wrote:Well a newbie here anyway.
Loved F1 for ages I liked Lauda then Rosberg,before i liked Senna then after he was killed I liked Schumaker,still like him but not as much as before.
I like Montoya and Raikonnen now .Didn't realise how good Hakkinen was untill he was gone.
Like Webber because I am an Aussie.
Love Ferrari,but still dig Ron Dennis and Flavio and Sir Frank and Stoddart
Have had a year in the wilderness and not watched any F1 in 05.
Back now don't even know who or what is hot yet,haven't even had a look at testing but i will.
If anyone has seen some good new talent point 'em out for me by way of a reply to this and i'll check em out.
So anyway G'day to you all.
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :coool: :havefun: :havefun: :cheers: :up: G'day mate.
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:49 am

:welcome: :clap: :welcome: :clap: :crush: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Well, I still wish I was one of the moderators here, and I am trying by doing a motogp section (hint hint ed :wink: :) ) other than that, welcome to the forums, I am sure you will enjoy it here, and the fact that you mentioned montoya here puts you a lot further up in my books... :D .......anyway, enjoy it...look forward to fighting with you in he eight'npole competition.......if you dont mind fighting for 324th place that is... :lol: ....

<T-K>.....out......

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:55 am

<T-K> wrote::welcome: :clap: :welcome: :clap: :crush: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Well, I still wish I was one of the moderators here, and I am trying by doing a motogp section (hint hint ed :wink: :) ) other than that, welcome to the forums, I am sure you will enjoy it here, and the fact that you mentioned montoya here puts you a lot further up in my books... :D .......anyway, enjoy it...look forward to fighting with you in he eight'npole competition.......if you dont mind fighting for 324th place that is... :lol: ....

<T-K>.....out......
324th is mine. you can all keep your grubby little mitts off that placing. If Bundy couldn't do it last year, what chance do youse blokes think yer got :evil:

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:19 am

Julian Mayo wrote:
<T-K> wrote::welcome: :clap: :welcome: :clap: :crush: :wave: :wave: :wave:

<T-K>.....out......
324th is mine. you can all keep your grubby little mitts off that placing. If Bundy couldn't do it last year, what chance do youse blokes think yer got :evil:
I'll bet ye a drink at the bar that 324th is mine this year, is sorta like a new years resolution or something...........bundy obviously didnt try hard enough :D

badcooky
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by badcooky » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:29 am

Yes ED the same cooky from the your say columns,now don't y'all go back and find out how I tick,that'd be unfair don't ynow.
Thanks guys for sayin' hi i really appreciate some forums ya get left out to dry if you intro yourself.
Massa has been around for a while,and Nico is that Keke's boy or related?
Am a bit behind the times but as i see it Renault have been testing well,and Ferrari have isolated themselves like always.
And Honda is that a full works Honda team have they absorbed BAR.Lookout world in a season or two.
Anyhoo thanks guys for taking the time.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:38 am

badcooky wrote:Yes ED the same cooky from the your say columns,now don't y'all go back and find out how I tick,that'd be unfair don't ynow.
Thanks guys for sayin' hi i really appreciate some forums ya get left out to dry if you intro yourself.
Am a bit behind the times but as i see it Renault have been testing well,and Ferrari have isolated themselves like always.
And Honda is that a full works Honda team have they absorbed BAR.Lookout world in a season or two.
just how wild was the wilderness ?Compass reference will do nicely
Nico is Keke's boy.
Honda swallowd BAR.
The difference for Ferrari this year is that Toyota and Williams are running Bridgestones also, so Ferrari will get more feedback than last year. (toyota are reportedly having difficulty matching chassis to rubber tho)
Again :welcome: :havefun: :cheers:

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:19 pm

<T-K> wrote:I am trying by doing a motogp section (hint hint ed :wink: :) )
We would love to have a dedicated MotoGP section with you as one of the moderators T-K but it requires a lot of work particulary providing information and results on each event. We don't want to create a section that only gets updated every couple of races.
Perhaps in 2006 you will work on that and we would then create a MotoGP section.

(the high standard of mlittle's North American Motorsport section makes it a hard ask I know!!)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:22 pm

Harrumph ! :evil:

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:23 pm

badcooky wrote:Yes ED the same cooky from the your say columns,now don't y'all go back and find out how I tick,that'd be unfair don't ynow.
Well welcome back again!

We were wondering what happened to you :wink:

I am sure after a few posts the regulars will know how you tick :wink:

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:24 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:Harrumph ! :evil:
And Julian's of course :oops:

badcooky
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by badcooky » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:29 pm

Leaving myself open here,work,a separation and custody battle and all that goes with that were some of the reasons i didn't do F1 last year.
Disillusioned with the formula was also another ,fix the tracks don't hamstring the cars is where i'm at.
Catching up though takes time is all.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:45 pm

badcooky wrote:Leaving myself open here,work,a separation and custody battle and all that goes with that were some of the reasons i didn't do F1 last year.
Disillusioned with the formula was also another ,fix the tracks don't hamstring the cars is where i'm at.
Catching up though takes time is all.
Welcome to "club ex-bitterness," life gets better every day :cheers: