Dumb business news.......

Want to relax, share an experience or just have a friendly discussion. This is the place

Moderators: cmlean, Ed

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:31 pm

gkaytaz wrote:The "funnel" part of the funnel cake comes from the fact that these are made by pouring batter through a funnel into hot oil in a circular pattern.
Oh? 8)
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:16 am

A few posts were moved to the F1 Idiots Bar thread. They belong more over there :wink:

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:45 am

Ed wrote:A few posts were moved to the F1 Idiots Bar thread. They belong more over there :wink:
Clippity clip :) So, the Idiots bar is not dumb business. I am glad that Ed thinks that way. After all we rent the place from him.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:06 pm

Not sure if this is actually dumb but certainly not going to do much for self esteem...
'Put obesity number on clothes'
LARGE-sized clothing should carry tags with an obesity helpline number, a British Medical Journal report has said.

The report, compiled by a group of public health professionals, has recommended the phone numbers be placed on tags on women's garments sized 16 and above, and on those with a waist measurement of more than 100 centimetres for men.
Source of this http://www.news.com.au/

I doubt that will do anything to combat the problem. Probably just send the person straight to the nearest donut stand to comfort eat.
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:10 pm

Your taxdollars at work................ :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

In Ringwood, New Jersey, officials with the state Dept. of Health and Senior Services issued a health warning to residents that they should limit their intake of squirrel to no more than twice a week(for children, once per month).......the reason; there's a toxic waste dump just down the road from the town. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:26 pm

"Glow In The Dark" Squirrel...............MMMMMmmmmmm.
(Takes the challenge out of spotlighting them tho :cry: )

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:38 pm

More taxdollars at work...........

Local government officials at a tourist center in Swindon, England declined to sell a World War I-themed book, "Tell Them of Us", written by author Mark Sutton unless Sutton showed that he carried liability insurance.....not to protect the tourist center from any "libelious" remarks in Sutton's book, but......to protect them from lawsuits should any person who buys the book at their center....suffers a papercut while reading the book. Said Swindon Borough Council president Richard Freeman, "We have to cover every eventuality."

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:57 pm

Bur those paper cuts hurt like ........

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:37 am

Good to see that my tax dollars are put to good use...
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:53 pm

How not to attract new customers..........

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think this is how you bring customers into your restaurant...............Toddler served margarita in sippy cup

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:51 pm

mlittle wrote:How not to attract new customers..........

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think this is how you bring customers into your restaurant...............Toddler served margarita in sippy cup
Depends on what sort of clientele you're shooting for :)

Some Japanese firm had their chocolate bits (similar to Hersheys Xmas bits) named "Crappies".

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:18 pm

gkaytaz wrote:
mlittle wrote:How not to attract new customers..........

Depends on what sort of clientele you're shooting for :)

Some Japanese firm had their chocolate bits (similar to Hersheys Xmas bits) named "Crappies".

Uhh.....never mind. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:25 pm

Another example of your taxdollars at work........

A friend of mine who lives in Anchorage, AK recently told me about a little screw-up the state's Department of Revenue had earlier this year. Unique among the 50 states, Alaskan residents receive a yearly dividend check from the Alaska Permanent Fund courtesy of the state's vast oil revenues.....what happened was that officials' from the state DOR erased all the computer records(backups' included) of the Permanent Fund from their systems.........meaning that the state's 600,000+ residents had to wait over two months for their checks(average yearly checks have run in the $1000-$1200 dollar range.

Alaska's slogan ought to be......."Working to aggravate the average person in every way possible." :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:27 am

mlittle wrote:Another example of your taxdollars at work........

A friend of mine who lives in Anchorage, AK recently told me about a little screw-up the state's Department of Revenue had earlier this year. Unique among the 50 states, Alaskan residents receive a yearly dividend check from the Alaska Permanent Fund courtesy of the state's vast oil revenues.....what happened was that officials' from the state DOR erased all the computer records(backups' included) of the Permanent Fund from their systems.........meaning that the state's 600,000+ residents had to wait over two months for their checks(average yearly checks have run in the $1000-$1200 dollar range.

Alaska's slogan ought to be......."Working to aggravate the average person in every way possible." :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
600+ millions :shock: That's how they get their name I guess, by generating revenue :)

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:20 am

Didn't You Ever Want to Ride This Trolley............?
:lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Apparently, Seattle city officials need refresher training in acronyms......recently, they began running the South Lake Union Streetcar for residents of that community; unfortunately, residents in the area petitioned the city to change the name from the South Lake Union Streetcar to the........wait for it, wait for it.............the South Lake Union Trolley, which city officials accepted. (Insert punchline into your reaction on this one........ :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ) In fact, residents of the South Lake area have taken this a step further, printing hundreds of shirts emblazoned with the phrase, "Ride the S.L.U.T."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: