Dumb Quotes

Want to relax, share an experience or just have a friendly discussion. This is the place

Moderators: cmlean, Ed

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:15 pm

Bernie doesn't get out much.....some of the footy teams in Melbourne get 45,000 to a practice game :lol:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:55 pm

Perhaps he has small expectations. :oops: Though I do believe that he really doen't care that much about crowd numbers, more concerned with television audiences and how many advertising dollars are available.
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:03 pm

jacfan wrote:Perhaps he has small expectations. :oops: Though I do believe that he really doen't care that much about crowd numbers, more concerned with television audiences and how many advertising dollars are available.
That's why The Australian GP will start at 8pm next year :cry:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:37 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
jacfan wrote:Perhaps he has small expectations. :oops: Though I do believe that he really doen't care that much about crowd numbers, more concerned with television audiences and how many advertising dollars are available.
A bigger TV audience? Here in Australia or overseas getting the broadcast at a better time?

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:04 am

jacfan wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
A bigger TV audience? Here in Australia or overseas getting the broadcast at a better time?
A bigger prime time TV audience down in the Northern Hemithingy

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:05 am

Now here is a really dumb quote......at 3 45 am I said......"just one fer the road".........The sun is coming up now :cry:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:24 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:Now here is a really dumb quote......at 3 45 am I said......"just one fer the road".........The sun is coming up now :cry:
Did the road enjoy it though? :wink:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:42 pm

One of the better(and that can be a little bit of a stretch.... :lol: :shock: :shock: ) cable networks in the States' is Discovery Channel, home of some really good shows, such as Mythbusters, Dirty Jobs and Deadliest Catch.....the third show in that list is about Alaskan crab fishing, considered to be one of the most(if not, the most ) dangerous job on earth...... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Over the years, the boat captains and crews have said some really, really, interesting things.....here's just a few of them..........

~~"It's like being in jail, with a chance of drowning." Andy Hillstrandt, captain, Time Bandit, while watching his crew load and deploy crab pots during opilio(a/k/a snow) crab season

~~"We cheated death one more time. I feel like a one-legged man in an ***-kicking contest." Phil Harris, captain, Cornelia Marie, after the 2006 crab fishing season

~~"We thought we didn't have any problems, but evidently I was wrong!" Jerry "Corky" Tilley, captain, Aleutian Ballad, minutes after his boat was struck by a rogue wave

~~"Anger management, Bering Sea style." Mike Fourtner, deckhand, Time Bandit after discharging rounds from an M14 rifle during a break in opilio season

~~"I just hope I can get back to dock without turning this boat into a giant popsicle." Rick Quashnick, captain, Maverick on the weather conditions in the upper Bering Sea during opilio season

~~"I might end up spanking myself on this." Sig Hansen, captain, Northwestern on whether to take his chances with the opilio crab or continue cod fishing early in the 2006 season

~~"You go through a couple of marriages, smoke cigarettes like they're going out of style, your body aches from the time you get up to the time you go to bed, and you wake up in the middle of the night thinking about where you're going to put your next string of pots. Yeah, it's a great lifestyle." Phil Harris, captain, Cornelia Marie on crab fishing
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun May 20, 2007 2:43 pm

Bloopers Quotes from Deadliest Catch...............

Here are some things viewers have posted on the Discovery Channel Deadliest Catch fansite that IMO you probably wouldn't want to say on an Alaskan crab boat..........

"All I did was ask the captain how many pots were left?" :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock:

"Captain Sig says, 'We must pull teeth the Norwegian way for good luck!' "
:shock: :shock2: :shock2: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Okay, I'm not really a crab fisherman......but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night." :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock2: :shock2:

"Okay, Sig, I think we can haul Edgar back in........He promises he won't predict the crab count again." :lol: :lol: :lol:

"What happens in the Bering Sea stays in the Bering Sea." :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock:

"In my day we fished for Alaskan crab in our birthday suits." :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock2: :shock2: :shock2:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:57 pm

Selected quotes from that great American writer and gonzo journalist, Hunter S. Thompson..............

~~(on how to deal with life's foibles........)I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.......welcome to the club, Hunter! :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock:

~~(on journalism in general)If I'd written all the truth I knew for the past ten years, about 600 people--including me--would be rotting in prison cells from Rio to Seattle. Absolute truth is a very rare and dangerous commodity in the context of professional journalism.......joining them would likely be me, Robin Miller, Gordon Kirby, John Oreovicz, David Phillips, Mike Harris, Lee Spencer, Jenna Fryer, Ed Hinton, Dave Despain and Murray Walker among others...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock:

~~(on life in general)When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro......I'll drink to that! :drink: :drink: :mrgreen:

~~(again, on life in general)Some may never live, but the crazy never die. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

~~(again, on life in general)Good people drink good beer.......speaking of which, see you at the Idiots bar!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: