MotoGP race reports

Discuss all the other types of Motorsport

Moderator: Ed

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:41 pm

Shame.... Stoner saw his dream of taking the 250 championship race to the final round of the season go up in smoke....he crashed out on lap four while leading....

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:55 am

Yeah, But what about Stoner !!!! Is he the ducks guts or what !!!!
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:15 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:Yeah, But what about Stoner !!!! Is he the ducks guts or what !!!!
Must be an Australian saying..... :lol:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:27 pm

<T-K> wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:Yeah, But what about Stoner !!!! Is he the ducks guts or what !!!!
Must be an Australian saying..... :lol:
possibly :lol:

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:18 am

Marco Melandri clinched his maiden premier-class victory with a performance that reflected his dominance throughout free practice this weekend.

Melandri had a great start, and stole the lead from Gibernau into the first corner and, after briefly conceding his position on lap four, he was back in front just two laps later after the Spaniard ran into the gravel and saw his chance of winning his first race this season disappear. Whilst Rossi recovered from a bad start to pile on the pressure over the final few laps.

Second place for Rossi represented his fifteenth podium finish from sixteen races this season. Gibernau returned to the track in fourth place he could do nothing to prevent Nicky Hayden from clinching his third consecutive podium placing, the American now trails Melandri by nine points in the fight for second place in the championship.

Colin Edwards? could only muster seventh place, which all but destroyed his chances of fighting with the yougsters for the runners-up spot. Carlos Checa and Toni El?as finished 8th and 9th. Edwards now cuts a distant figure in fourth place in the championship, 21 points adrift of Melandri.

Whilst Makoto Tamada, Alex Barros and Shinya Nakano completed the top ten, Chris Vermeulen capped an impressive second weekend in MotoGP as a replacement for Troy Bayliss by clinching yet another eleventh place. The Australian?s performance was made all the more remarkable by the fact that he finished ahead of team mate Max Biaggi, as well as other full-time riders such as Ruben Xaus and John Hopkins....

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:52 pm

what about Stoner ?

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:59 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:what about Stoner ?

Aaaahhhh......yes,ok.....he's the ducks guts, the pigs bladder, the sheeps kidney....whatever you wanna call him..... :lol:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:19 pm

What about Stoner?

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:58 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:What about Stoner?

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:27 pm

Is there any possibility of providing the information on Stoner's race result :twisted:

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:56 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:Is there any possibility of providing the information on Stoner's race result :twisted:
Well why didnt you say so.... 8)

Stoner scored his fifth win of the year after leading from start to finish in Turkey.

He managed to grab the holeshot and quickly pulled away from the rest of the field...But by lap 14, Pedrosa on the tail of Stoner but waited until the very last lap to try to grab the lead. Stoner put in a flawless last lap and ultimately crossed the line less than a tenth of a second ahead of the Pedrosa....

So for the next race, i will post a race report for the motogp....and a stoner race report.. :lol:

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:06 pm

CHRIS VERMULIN has got a full time ride with Suzuki in the MotoGP next year. He has signed a two year contract.
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:28 am

I seem to recall that there was a race at the weekend.
In fact I'm fairly confident there were three, covering three different classes.
Gee, I wonder what the results were
:?: :(

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:23 pm

Dont worry julian, i have the results, i just couldnt find enough time to post them yet.....so here they are...

MotoGP:

Marco Melandri managed to grab his second consecutive MotoGP win in yesterdays Gran Premio betandwin.com de la Comunitat Valencia(i dont know why they call it that) putting on an impressive performance to fend off the challenge of Nicky Hayden....

Melandri had a great start, coming from second to get the holeshot ahead of Hayden, while poleman Sete Gibernau slipped back to third...The Spaniard ended his campaign on another blow,when his engine broke out on lap three...

After having Qualified in a low 15th, World Champion Valentino Rossi made a strong charge, gaining seven places on the first lap :shock: and challenging Carlos Checa for third five laps later... By mid-race, he was chasing Melandri and Hayden after passing Checa, but only managed to close the gap to little less than three seconds.

Meanwhile, At the front, Melandri rode a flawless race despite Hayden pushing hard on his tail, but never close enough to have a clear shot at the lead.

Carlos Checa took fourth, crossing the line more than 15 seconds after Rossi, followed by Alex Barros and Max Biaggi. Loris Capirossi took seventh on his comeback at Ducati after missing the last two races through injury, ahead of Colin Edwards. Makoto Tamada and Toni Elias completed the final top 10.

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:40 pm

250CC:

1-D.Pedrosa
2-J.Lorenzo
3-C.Stoner
4-A.De Angelis
5-H.Barbera
6-H.Aoyama
7-Y.Takahashi