MotoGP race reports

Discuss all the other types of Motorsport

Moderator: Ed

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:57 pm

<T-K> wrote:WOW, now thats a hard hitting story....ferrari on MotoGP tyres.....who wouldve thought... 8)
Now that I have single-handedly destroyed this thread, I will head back to V8 country :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:07 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
<T-K> wrote:WOW, now thats a hard hitting story....ferrari on MotoGP tyres.....who wouldve thought... 8)
Now that I have single-handedly destroyed this thread, I will head back to V8 country :lol:
That was a job well done.. 8)

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:32 pm

Loris Capirossi took his second victory in seven days, winning the Malaysian GP ahead of Valentino Rossi, who secured his fifth consecutive title in the premier class, the seventh in his GP career.

Starting from pole position, Capirossi rode a brilliant race fending off Rossi, who produced a strong comeback from seventh on grid to move up to 2nd by lap 8. The Gauloises Yamaha briefly took the lead by the mid-point of the race, but Capirossi regained the lead with 8 laps to go.

The late stages of the race saw Capirossi building up a comfortable advantage while Rossi was threatened by the blazing late charge from the other Ducati rider, Carlos Checa. The Spaniard pushed hard in the last lap but couldn?t attempt a move, and eventually finished just 0.077s adrift from Rossi.

Repsol Honda?s Nicky Hayden took fourth after a strong start, ahead of factory colleagues Marco Melandri and Max Biaggi. Kenny Roberts was seventh, followed by Alex Barros and John Hopkins, while Colin Edwards completed the top 10.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:52 am

watched the race, Looks like Ducati have finally matched a tyre to the power of the bike. Capirossi actually made Rossi look ordinary.

Bundy
Racer
Racer

Post by Bundy » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:49 am

GO THE DUKE!!!!!!!!!!
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.......

I'm no ordinary idiot. I'm an F1 idiot!!!
146th in 8'n'Pole 2007
293rd in 8'n'Pole 2006

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:24 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:watched the race, Looks like Ducati have finally matched a tyre to the power of the bike. Capirossi actually made Rossi look ordinary.
Yup, maybe ducati (Capirossi) will pull of a hatric in Qatar .....

Bundy
Racer
Racer

Post by Bundy » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:04 pm

Unfortunately it didn't happen.....Any danger gibernau can keep the bike on the black stuff when he's leading rossi.....

& WHAT ABOUT STONER??????????

26 points with 2 races remaining, including Phillip Island.....He's got top be a red hot chance after cutting Pedrosa's lead from 64 in 2 races.
Surely he MUST ride with the big boys next year!!!!
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.......

I'm no ordinary idiot. I'm an F1 idiot!!!
146th in 8'n'Pole 2007
293rd in 8'n'Pole 2006

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:29 am

Bundy wrote:Unfortunately it didn't happen.....Any danger gibernau can keep the bike on the black stuff when he's leading rossi.....

& WHAT ABOUT STONER??????????

26 points with 2 races remaining, including Phillip Island.....He's got top be a red hot chance after cutting Pedrosa's lead from 64 in 2 races.
Surely he MUST ride with the big boys next year!!!!
It would certainly be good to see. Its about time for an Aussie to come in and win a few championships.
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:48 am

Valentino Rossi took yet another victory in a thrilling race at the Australian Grand Prix today to extend his unbeaten record at Phillip Island to five years, and maiking it his eleventh win of the season. Rossi was pushed all the way by a determined performance from Nicky Hayden, who led for the opening two laps after starting from pole position before Rossi took control. The Italian?s initial lead lasted until the halfway stage when, after several attempts to break Hayden?s resistance, he allowed the American a brief run at the front of the field. It was, however short lived, as, Rossi regained control with eight laps remaining and opened up a one-second advantage which he managed to maintain until the end of the race, clinching the constructors? World Championship for Yamaha.

Hayden?s fight to stsy in touch with Rossi was hindered by a spirited performance from Marco Melandri, who came through from eighth on the grid to challenge for second place at the midway stage of the race. By the time Hayden had shaken off the Italian, it was too late for him to catch Rossi, despite clocking virtually identical times to the race leader over the closing laps.

A late charge from Carlos Checa saw Ducati celebrating at the end of a difficult weekend, with the Spaniard riding all alone today in the absence of his injured team-mate Loris Capirossi and coming through to snatch the final podium position from Melandri with a great pass at the finish line. With Capirossi missing out on tje race and Max Biaggi crashing on the opening lap, fourth place for Melandri moves him up to second in the championship, level on points with Hayden with just two rounds remaining.

Whilst Sete Gibernau relegated Colin Edwards to sixth place with an aggressive pass just four laps from the end, the American also moved ahead of Capirossi and Biaggi in the championship and now lies fourth, just eight points behind Hayden and Melandri. Alex Barros is crashed heavily with five laps remaining and now drops to eighth in the championship.Chris Vermeulen had a pleasing performance after settling for eleventh place on his MotoGP debut following a close battle for tenth with John Hopkins.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:41 pm

WHAT ABOUT STONER ???

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:42 pm

WHAT ABOUT CHRIS VERMULIN???

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:23 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:WHAT ABOUT CHRIS VERMULIN???
For his first Grand Prix, he crossed the line in a very respectable eleventh.He will continue with the Camel Honda team this week at Istanbul..... Good luck to him.....Maybe he will get a top 10 finish this time round...

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:38 pm

<T-K> wrote:
For his first Grand Prix, he crossed the line in a very respectable eleventh.He will continue with the Camel Honda team this week at Istanbul..... Good luck to him.....Maybe he will get a top 10 finish this time round...
Sheesh, thank you :lol:

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:51 am

Julian Mayo wrote:
<T-K> wrote:
Sheesh, thank you :lol:
Just doin my job... 8)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:38 am

Now, what about Stoner???