I don't rate either
1%

Total votes: 596

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:27 am

So I guess you like Senna then.
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:39 pm

Thanks Vinny,
I think,u hate Schumacher more than u like Senna :roll:

Anyway,Welcome!!
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:08 pm

Kapel wrote:Thanks Vinny,

Anyway,Welcome!!

Welcome Vinny, I doubt that you are alone in your opinion 8)
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:21 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
Kapel wrote:Thanks Vinny,

Anyway,Welcome!!

Welcome Vinny, I doubt that you are alone in your opinion 8)
Which side r u on,Julian :?: :wink:

For me i cant compare these 2 at all..n dont wanna critize either :roll:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:39 pm

All I will say is that as the cars became more and more computer controlled, Sennas engineers are said to have been shocked by the data. They saw that Senna was making miniscule adjustments in the car to compensate for the computer lag. As in getting on the throttle a hair earlier etc. This is in time so small as to be barely measurable. It means that he was driving the car at its maximum all the time, on that razor edge between on the limit and disaster. And he was comfortable doing it. Or as he put it "in the zone".

Vinnycbrf4i
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by Vinnycbrf4i » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:59 pm

Oh don't get me wrong. Schumacher is a great, Fangio is a great Prost is a great...etc...etc. But Senna was a God. I don't hate Schumacher at all, but let me say, Williams won the titles in 96-97 I belive and if Senna was alive there would be AT LEAST 5 more championships and over 50 more race wins for sure. Not to mention 100 poles prolly. Senna was magic, no one was as passionate as he was about winning. The only other driver that was obsessed with winning as much prolly was Dale Earnhart Sr. and when Senna died, evenDale knew who Senna was and gave him props-that tells you something about Senna right there. Too bad Senna had to leave us but as they say, God always takes the great ones because they are something special.

Vinnycbrf4i
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by Vinnycbrf4i » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:00 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:All I will say is that as the cars became more and more computer controlled, Sennas engineers are said to have been shocked by the data. They saw that Senna was making miniscule adjustments in the car to compensate for the computer lag. As in getting on the throttle a hair earlier etc. This is in time so small as to be barely measurable. It means that he was driving the car at its maximum all the time, on that razor edge between on the limit and disaster. And he was comfortable doing it. Or as he put it "in the zone".
Thank you for mentioning that. Yep, another example of the genius of Senna. He was always a step ahead of everyone.

Vinnycbrf4i
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by Vinnycbrf4i » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:03 pm

rah wrote:So I guess you like Senna then.
No, I love Senna! I race karts, cars, sportbikes and because of Ayrton's example I am a better racer-he is my inspiration and like no other. Like I said, when I die someday it would be an honor to talk with the man. I could prolly talk to him for enternity about racing.

Vinnycbrf4i
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by Vinnycbrf4i » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:24 pm

Also remeber that Schumacher had to crash into Hill and Villenue to win 2 of his championships. Hmmmm......???

Come on, he beat MS in qualifying in 94 3 times with MS car having traction control. And you want to know who the better driver is? Give me a break!!!

BTW, every Schumacher argument why he is better becasue he has more records and wins and championships. That is WEAK. I bet it will take him 2 more seasons to tie AS record of poles. He is already 4 seasons ahead and can't do it. LMAO! I think if Montoya was MS team mate even Montoya would beat him, without a doubt! Montoya reminds me of the next great. Just wait, you'll all see in due time. And Ayrton was like Bruce Lee. He used great mental power. No one in F-1 can do that even now!

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:50 pm

Vinnycbrf4i wrote:Also remeber that Schumacher had to crash into Hill and Villenue to win 2 of his championships. Hmmmm......???

Come on, he beat MS in qualifying in 94 3 times with MS car having traction control. And you want to know who the better driver is? Give me a break!!!

BTW, every Schumacher argument why he is better becasue he has more records and wins and championships. That is WEAK. I bet it will take him 2 more seasons to tie AS record of poles. He is already 4 seasons ahead and can't do it. LMAO! I think if Montoya was MS team mate even Montoya would beat him, without a doubt! Montoya reminds me of the next great. Just wait, you'll all see in due time. And Ayrton was like Bruce Lee. He used great mental power. No one in F-1 can do that even now!
Thank you for your kind comments Vinny.I think u should be part of this forum regularly to share your feeling.
Critising Schumacher will not make Senna great.Senna was great,period!! & so is Schumacher!!!

No one ever thought Fangio's record of championship would be broken,but it happened.My dear Vinny,records r meant to be broken & they will be from time to time.Some ppl take a little longer time to break one,simple.That doesnt make any1 a bad driver & the record holder great.

Schumacher's ideal comparison should be with Mika Hakkinen,like Senna -Prost,as both these pairs drove with almost same equipment(obviously one car is better than the other in some races) & during a similar technology time frame.

N its only an opinion.
8)
An F1 Idiot!!!

speedracerferris
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by speedracerferris » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:51 pm

yea senna what truelly a great driver and he's my hero and idol...he's why i race so i can live like he did w/o a worry.
Croatian Speed

Vinnycbrf4i
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by Vinnycbrf4i » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:08 pm

Kapel wrote:
Vinnycbrf4i wrote:Also remeber that Schumacher had to crash into Hill and Villenue to win 2 of his championships. Hmmmm......???

Thank you for your kind comments Vinny.I think u should be part of this forum regularly to share your feeling.
Critising Schumacher will not make Senna great.Senna was great,period!! & so is Schumacher!!!

No one ever thought Fangio's record of championship would be broken,but it happened.My dear Vinny,records r meant to be broken & they will be from time to time.Some ppl take a little longer time to break one,simple.That doesnt make any1 a bad driver & the record holder great.

Schumacher's ideal comparison should be with Mika Hakkinen,like Senna -Prost,as both these pairs drove with almost same equipment(obviously one car is better than the other in some races) & during a similar technology time frame.

N its only an opinion.
8)
But Senna had more stiff competition. Prost, Lauda, Piquet, Mansell....and beat them all. When he won this F3 championship and test drove the Williams car as a prize, he beat the lap record on that track in 30 laps. How many of you guys knew that?! I have studied Senna, watched video's, read books. Everytime I read something I learn how amazing he truely was. He had to be taken out of his car in exhaustion of many GP races. Every race he gave 100% or more of himself. He was a "racer". Him and Dale Earnhart Sr, would not accept 2nd place as an option. Both men died a legend. Schmacher lost championships to Hill and Villeinue (sp?) both at Williams. I damn guarantee Aryrton would have 3 more titles and over 100 poles and prolly 70 race wins if alive today. Age has nothign to do wiht it. Ayrton was a talent. During a test even, Ayrton drove a car and came in the pits and said something was wrong with the car. The engineers did not belive it. So they sent him out again. Again he came in and said something was wrong. Again they checked and saw nothing. So after they stripped the car they found out the engine block had a crack in it. So that tells you how much he could feel the car, he was one with the car. I remember driving a go-kart and hopped to the next one to see if it was faster. Well, I could feel something was not right, I felt I was sitting up higher then I was. I pulled off and got out. Someone left their thin wallet on the seat. That is what I am talking about. You think I could feel an engine block crack? Prolly not, Ayrton could because he was in tune at a supernatural human level..almost trance like...and could feel, hear, smell things more then any other driver because he was in tune. I could go on and on in pages of why he was the best. But I think I don't need to because the people that knew Senna was the best EVER at racing already have seen some of his genius as I did. And belive me, there is plenty more we don't even know about. That's why I said I coudl talk to Mr. Senna about racing for entirnity because that is how long it would take to know ALL of his genius behind the wheel. We will NEVER see a driver like him again. I could almost bet my life on it.

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:38 pm

Thanks Vinny for all your emotions & those stories...fantastic..now thats what i was looking for..appreciation for a driver you love..not critisicm for another..

Pls if u could space out your views,in paragraph
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:52 pm

Kapel wrote:Thanks Vinny for all your emotions & those stories...fantastic..now thats what i was looking for..appreciation for a driver you love..not critisicm for another..

But .......when 1 is schuey........ :crush: :crush: :crush:

Vinnycbrf4i
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by Vinnycbrf4i » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:26 am

Julian Mayo wrote:
Kapel wrote:Thanks Vinny for all your emotions & those stories...fantastic..now thats what i was looking for..appreciation for a driver you love..not critisicm for another..

But .......when 1 is schuey........ :crush: :crush: :crush:
LOL! Come on, I said he was a great driver, I might have sounded harsh becuase I had to compare the two and Schmi is not in the same zip code as a driver...and his record does not impress me as much...maybe if Senna was alive and he could pull that off then he would be #1 in my book becasue to be the man you have to beat the man and Senna beat him all the time except those race wins in 94 but everyone knew that would not last long. He even said it himself when he honored Senna after he won the championmship. But as a driver he would not be in my top 5 of all time-he had no competition in a lot of those years after Hakkinen/Hill retired and Villenue went to a 3rd class team. To me is it Senna, Fangio, Clark, Piquet, Prost. Those are my top 5, then Mansell Shumi are a tie IMHO with Schumi maybe edging him..we are talking drivers not records here. Sorry Schumi fans...just an opinion. I'd love to see Shumi drive a 1988 turbo F-1 car with no driver aids vs. Senna on Schumi's best day...but that won't happen...but I know who would out qualify, out race, and out detirmine him and it would be the man with the yellow helmet :-)