Should the Formula 1 race in Bahrain go ahead ?

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

Do you think the F1 race in Bahrain should go ahead

Yes
16%
No
84%

Total votes: 146

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:26 pm

But Mark Webber, at least, has a heart and brain as brilliant as his talent in a car. I just wish the other drivers were backing him up. Where are your huevos, Fernando? What happened to your principles, Lewis? I can forgive Sebastian (he's just a kid), but how come elder statesman Michael Schumacher (who has zilch, zero, nada to lose) is so silent?
I agree!!!! As for MS well perhaps he just too damn embarrassed to draw attention to the fact that is circulating out there somewhere.
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:53 am

:D Amen, JacFan!! & I hope he chokes on them. What I'm wondering now is whether or not the one team who still wants to go to Bahrain is located in Maranello? If so, I think I'll have to resign my life long honorary tifosi status.

On the other hand, it COULD be the evil McLaren guys at Woking 8) 8)

cheers, Jim Watt
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:29 am

The Bahrain Grand Prix organisers have accepted that staging the event this year cannot go ahead. A statement by the Bahrain International Circuit read:

Press statement in the regards of Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix 2011

In the light of ongoing difficulties relating to the rescheduling of the Bahrain Grand Prix, Bahrain International Circuit chairman Zayed R Alzayani, today made the following statement:

“Whilst Bahrain would have been delighted to see the Grand Prix progress on October 30th in-line with the World Motor Sport Council’s decision, it has been made clear that this fixture cannot progress and we fully respect that decision.

"Bahrain has always sought to play a positive role in the continued development of Formula One, from pioneering F1 racing in the Middle East, to helping other countries in facilitating their own races in new territories, as well as providing our own unique experience and universal welcome to Grand Prix supporters.

“Bahrain has absolutely no desire to see a race which would further extends the calendar season detract from the enjoyment of F1 for either drivers, teams or supporters. We want our role in Formula One to continue to be as positive and constructive as it has always been, therefore, in the best interest of the sport, we will not pursue the rescheduling of a race this season.

“We look forward to welcoming teams, their drivers and supporters back to Bahrain next year and would like to extend our deepest gratitude to our supporters, including staff, volunteers, sponsors, private businesses and the general public, for whom I know this year’s decision will be a disappointment. We would also especially like to thank the FIA, FOM, The Bahrain Motor Federation (BMF) and the teams for all support and understanding they have extended to us at this time

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:32 am

Ed wrote:The Bahrain Grand Prix organisers have accepted that staging the event this year cannot go ahead. A statement by the Bahrain International Circuit read:

Press statement in the regards of Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix 2011

In the light of ongoing difficulties relating to the rescheduling of the Bahrain Grand Prix, Bahrain International Circuit chairman Zayed R Alzayani, today made the following statement:

“Whilst Bahrain would have been delighted to see the Grand Prix progress on October 30th in-line with the World Motor Sport Council’s decision, it has been made clear that this fixture cannot progress and we fully respect that decision.

"Bahrain has always sought to play a positive role in the continued development of Formula One, from pioneering F1 racing in the Middle East, to helping other countries in facilitating their own races in new territories, as well as providing our own unique experience and universal welcome to Grand Prix supporters.

“Bahrain has absolutely no desire to see a race which would further extends the calendar season detract from the enjoyment of F1 for either drivers, teams or supporters. We want our role in Formula One to continue to be as positive and constructive as it has always been, therefore, in the best interest of the sport, we will not pursue the rescheduling of a race this season.

“We look forward to welcoming teams, their drivers and supporters back to Bahrain next year and would like to extend our deepest gratitude to our supporters, including staff, volunteers, sponsors, private businesses and the general public, for whom I know this year’s decision will be a disappointment. We would also especially like to thank the FIA, FOM, The Bahrain Motor Federation (BMF) and the teams for all support and understanding they have extended to us at this time
And all this time I thought common sense & Formula 1 were mutually exclusive.......for once the powers-that-be did something right.
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock: