Ferrari confirms Alonso until 2016

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Ferrari confirms Alonso until 2016

Post by Ed » Thu May 19, 2011 6:02 pm

Ferrari announced today that Fernando Alonso will remain with the team until the end of the 2016 Formula 1 season. A team statement read:

Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro announces that it has renewed its technical and racing agreement with the driver Fernando Alonso up to the end of the 2016 season.

“It is a great pleasure to have renewed our agreement with a driver who has always demonstrated a winning mentality even in the most difficult circumstances, commented President Luca di Montezemolo. “Fernando has all the required qualities, both technically and personally to play a leading role in the history of Ferrari and I hope he will be enriching it with further wins very soon.”

“I am very happy to have reached this agreement, said Fernando Alonso. “I immediately felt comfortable within Ferrari and now it feels to me like a second family. I have the utmost faith in the men and women who work in Maranello and in those who lead them: it is therefore natural for me to decide to extend my relationship in the long term like this, with a team at which I will no doubt end my Formula 1 career one day.”

Maranello, 19 May 2011

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Thu May 19, 2011 9:55 pm

No great surprise there.
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!