Mark Webber confirmed with Red Bull for 2012

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Mark Webber confirmed with Red Bull for 2012

Post by Ed » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:52 pm

Red Bull Racing have confirmed that Mark Webber will continue with the team in 2012. A statement by the team read:

Red Bull Racing is pleased to announce that Mark Webber’s contract has been extended for another year, meaning the Australian will continue to drive for the team in 2012.

Mark Webber said:
I want to continue racing at the top in Formula One so it’s a nobrainer to remain at Red Bull Racing for another year. My motivation to achieve the best results possible both for myself and the team is still very high. Over the past five years, we have worked hard and proved that we can design and build a competitive and championship-winning car, and I’m looking forward to putting the car and myself on the limit again each and every race weekend in 2012.
Christian Horner said:
When we sat down and started talking about 2012, it was immediately obvious that Mark and the team wanted to continue our successful relationship. This meant agreeing an extension for 2012 was very straightforward. Mark knows the team well, having been with us since 2007, and his motivation, fitness and commitment is as high as it has ever been. The pairing of Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel is a very strong one, they push each other hard and we are extremely happy the pairing will remain unchanged for a fourth season.

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:51 pm

Happy Birthday Mark!!! Nice to see you continuing on in Red Bull.
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!