Your predictions for the 2012 F1 Championship - Drivers

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

Who will win the 2012 Drivers' Championship ?

Sebastian Vettel
11%
Mark Webber
16%
Jenson Button
25%
Lewis Hamilton
21%
Felipe Massa
0%
Michael Schumacher
10%
Nico Rosberg
0%
Kimi Raikkonen
15%
Romain Grosjean
0%

Total votes: 1354

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Your predictions for the 2012 F1 Championship - Drivers

Post by Ed » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:31 am

The 2012 F1 season is about to start so let us see who you think will win the Drivers' Title this year.

Will Vettel continue his dominance and win a third title ? Will Webber mount a challenge from within the team ?
Will it be Button who will challenge ? Can Hamilton bounce back from a poor 2011 ?
Can Alonso mount a challenge in the Ferrari ? What about Massa's chances ?

Then there is Rosberg and Schumacher in the Mercedes and we can't rule out Raikkonen in the Lotus

Hopefully we are set for a close season so go ahead and vote then tell us who you voted for and why. You can also add your predicted top 5 drivers in 2012

Voting closes on the Friday of the Australian Grand Prix.

(The list above is sorted according the driver numbers in 2012. If there are any other drivers you want added to the poll let us know)

For reference, here are the top 12 Drivers in 2011 and their points:
1. Sebastian Vettel - 392
2. Jenson Button - 270
3. Mark Webber - 258
4. Fernando Alonso - 257
5. Lewis Hamilton - 227
6. Felipe Massa - 118
7. Nico Rosberg - 89
8. Michael Schumacher - 76
9. Adrian Sutil - 42
10. Vitaly Petrov - 37
11. Nick Heidfeld - 34
12. Kamui Kobayashi - 3

Also vote for the team you think will win the 2012 F1 Constructor'' Championship here

Predict the results of every race - Join the 10 'n' Pole Competition here

Thaddeus
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Thaddeus » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:17 pm

I'm staggered that, at this stage, Raikkonen has 29%, 18/61 votes.

He's capable of excellent drives, but is up against a large number of very skilled opponents, all of whom have been driving consistently in F1 for the last few years.

There's also the question of whether the Lotus, widely regarded as a step up from the Renault, is good enough to really challenge McLaren or Red Bull.

I went for Hamilton, but it's hard to judge. I suspect he, Button and Vettel will be the top three this year.

Reason for editing: misread the numbers, thought Raikkonen had 29/61 votes.

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:28 pm

Thaddeus wrote:I'm staggered that, at this stage, Raikkonen has 29%, 18/61 votes.
As am I Thaddeus.... I don't believe that the lotus is in the same league as the RB and Mclaren this year (Although i really hope i'm wrong).

I think it will be interesting up front, but as i mentioned in another post, i dont think the whole "6 champions on the grid" is as much of a threat as everyone thinks it will be. They are all in very different machinery at very different paces... for example, Although MS is undoubtedly one of the most successful F1 drivers of all time, in the current Merc, he doesn't pose much of a threat to the top boys... Making 5 champions worth watching... Alonso, a phenomenal driver and arguably the best on the grid at the moment, could possibly be driving one of Ferrari's worst cars in recent history, ruling him out of the equation, leaving only 4. Now the Lotus may not be as quick as we all expect it to be, testing times tend to be misleading, and therefore we are stuck with just Vettel, Hamilton and Button... All of whom need to on the lookout for each other... I think it will definitely be a 3 way fight between these guys...

I do hope that I am horribly off the mark here though, because what a season that would turn out to be :D

I have voted for MW on a purely optimistic moment, hoping that with the RB on the pace it is, and MW claiming to be hungrier than ever, he may be able to take it to the world champions and leave the sport on a high note....

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:25 pm

Wow the votes on this one are really interesting. I am a bit surprised that the majority have gone for Kimi, after all he hasn't been around for a few years. I wonder who voted for Grosjean!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!