The 2012 Bahrain Grand Prix Thread

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

Bahrain Grand Prix - Driver of the day ?

Sebasitan Vettel
3%
Kimi Raikkonen
48%
Romain Grosjean
8%
Mark Webber
13%
Nico Rosberg
1%
Paul di Resta
11%
Fernando Alonso
3%
Lewis Hamilton
2%
Felipe Massa
3%
Michael Schumacher
7%

Total votes: 145

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:50 am

Thaddeus wrote:Pretty exciting race, which is weird for Bahrain.

I voted for Raikkonen. Great drive from 11th, and showed Lotus' cunning to do so much work on high fuel running.

If I'd had a second vote it would've gone to di Resta. The two stop strategy was not the optimal one but he made it work and got a great sixth.

McLaren need to sort their pit problems. With a title race this close that could end up costing them one or both titles.

Last but not least, I listened online to coverage, and (for the first time) had the pleasure of enjoying our very own Editor's live updates, which was quicker than the BBC's radio coverage.
Yes the races this year so far are unpredictable and that doesn't look like it will change soon! So much are the tyres playing a role that Raikkonen almost won the race from 11 having saved 2 new sets of tyres (he only did 6 laps for the entire qualifying - basically 2 flyers) whilst most others had to do 12 or more laps). We may start people intentionally skipping Q3 to save tyres but lets hope Bahrain was an extreme case!

Our coverage of the Bahrain race was done in less than ideal circumtances and hopefully we'll do better for Spain but thanks for your comments and surprised that we were quicker than the BBC who have a wealth of resources!

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:56 am

jido wrote:I am so happy to see Kimi Raikkonen on the podium!

Great performance by Grosjean, Vettel and Di Resta too.
Nice to have Massa in the points finally!

Pronostics for next race? ;)
Kimi, Grosjean and the Lotus performed so well. And I too am pleased for Massa for getting some points.

Axey
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by Axey » Thu May 10, 2012 11:07 am

Was a great race am looking forward to Barcelona this weekend :D
Sauber FTW
Massa FTW
any ex Sauber driver FTW
Perez and Koboyashi FTW
btw did i mention i like Sauber