The 2013 Bahrain Grand Prix Thread

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

Bahrain Grand Prix - Driver of the day ?

Sebastian Vettel
4%
Kimi Raikkonen
11%
Romain Grosjean
9%
Paul di Resta
26%
Lewis Hamilton
10%
Sergio Perez
7%
Mark Webber
12%
Fernando Alonso
9%
Nico Rosberg
10%
Jenson Button
2%

Total votes: 141

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

The 2013 Bahrain Grand Prix Thread

Post by Ed » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:17 am

This is the place to discuss everything related to the fourth round of the 2013 season taking place in Bahrain

To submit your 10 'n' Pole Picks for Bahrain login here, to register in the competition click here

Track Layout

The event timetable for the Bahrain Grand Prix.

Friday
1st Practice 10:00 local time - 07:00 GMT
2nd Practice 14:00 local time - 11:00 GMT

Saturday
Practice 11:00 local time - 08:00 GMT
Qualifying 14:00 local time - 11:00 GMT

Sunday
Race 15:00 local time - 12:00 GMT

For the latest Formula 1 News check out the F1 news page
Last edited by Ed on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thaddeus
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Thaddeus » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:36 am

I hope that Pirelli shifting from soft-hard to medium-hard doesn't lead to overly durable tyres, dull strategy and a typically boring Bahrain race (last year's was actually interesting, I think).

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:54 pm

Dear Ed:

Maybe you can enter my picks for me. I tried the new page and it keeps insisting my email and password don't match. Well neither has changed in ages, and when I checked that I forgot my password, you mailed me the one I had been entering. So. I don't know what's up.

Anyway, here are my Bore - ing (oops, I mean Bahrain) picks:

Just for variety, I'm going with Lewis this time, although I was very happy to see Fernando on the top step last week.

1. Lewis Hamilton
2. Seb Vettel
3. Fernando Alonso
4. Kimi Raikkonen
5. Nico Rosberg
6. Mark Webber
7. Felipe Massa
8. Paul di Resta
9. Grosjean
10. Hulkenberg
P. Lewis Hamilton

I'll be watching sporadically, just in case something interesting happens.

Jim Watt
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

Thaddeus
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Thaddeus » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:30 am

Went for Grosjean. He's had a poor start to the season, but drove very well from 11th to 3rd.

I think Raikkonen and Di Resta had strong races too, but Rosberg really seemed to chew through his tyres.

It was a great shame that Alonso had his DRS issues, as it robbed us of any contest for the race.

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:44 am

:D Well, Well. I have to admit I was totally wrong about the race being boring! The opening laps were great fun and, like Thaddeus, I was really sorry to see Ferrari let Fernando down yet again. How the scuderia could allow such a malfunction on the rear wing is beyond me!! I hope somebody's head rolls.

I was really puzzled at Nico's falling back with so little fight; I though, after the pole that we might, indeed, have two Mercs on the podium. Instead, we got two Lotus machines again.

I hope it wasn't the tires that wrecked Lewis's chances, but I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

Both Fernando and Sebastian drove beautiful races; the one, because he commanded the pace from the front and the other because he overcame so much adversity.

Kimi continues to be a threat; but I predict it won't be for long; poor Lotus really needs a deep-pocket owner like Red Bull's. They just don't have the cash to develop the car over the season. On the other hand, Kimi RULES the Spa Francorchamps circuit, so he'll be in contention at least until August.

Jim Watt
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!