Ferrari and Allison part ways

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Ferrari and Allison part ways

Post by Ed » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:09 pm

Ferrari have announced that Technical Director James Allison is leaving the team after 3 years. It was a joint decision. Mattia Binotto who was the head of the power unit becomes the Technical Director.

Allison had taken a break from Formula 1 earlier this year following the sudden death of his wife in March and it is likely that he wanted to go back to the UK. It is now likely that he will move back to Renault.

The Ferrari statement read:

Maranello (Italy), July [27], 2016 - Ferrari announces that after three years of working together, Scuderia Ferrari and James Allison jointly decided to part ways.

Maurizio Arrivabene, Team Principal of Scuderia Ferrari, commented as follows:
"The Team would like to thank James for his commitment and sacrifice during the time spent together, and wishes him success and serenity for his future endeavors."

James Allison stated:
"During the years I spent at Ferrari, at two different stages and covering different roles, I could get to know and appreciate the value of the team and of the people, women and men, which are part of it. I want to thank them all for the great professional and human experience we shared. I wish everybody a happy future with lots of success."

Mattia Binotto will take on the role of Chief Technical Officer at Scuderia Ferrari.