The 2017 Chinese Grand Prix Thread

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

cmlean

The 2017 Chinese Grand Prix Thread

Post by cmlean » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:48 pm

This is the place to discuss everything related to the 2nd round of the 2017 season taking place in Shanghai between the 7th and 9th of April.

To submit your 10 'n' Pole Picks for China click here, to register in the competition click here

Picks for China close at the start of Saturday practice.

The event timetable for the Chinese Grand Prix.
Friday
1st Practice 10:00 local time - 02:00 GMT
2nd Practice 14:00 local time - 06:00 GMT

Saturday
Practice 12:00 local time - 04:00 GMT
Qualifying 15:00 local time - 07:00 GMT

Sunday
Race 14:00 local time - 06:00 GMT

joe

Re: The 2017 Chinese Grnd Prix Thread

Post by joe » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:38 pm

I am the winner of overall winner of the 10 n' Pole competition for 2016 and have been waiting for a total of 129 DAYS to receive my voucher for winning the competition. Two weeks ago, on March 20, 2017, you said you would get in touch with me. What is the delay?

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:55 pm

This weekend sees the running of the Chinese Grand Prix.

With Ferrari winning in Melbourne, the foregone conclusion of a Mercedes win is finally in doubt. My picks for this race are similar to the Melbourne results, particularly for the first 4 places.
The long 1.2 kilometre straight will give the Mercedes and Ferrari a chance to stretch their legs.
Next best should be the Red Bulls closely followed by a Hass.
The balance of the 10 should be taken by the Force India and a Toro Rosso.

Jtodd

Post by Jtodd » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:38 am

I too was fortunate enough to win the 2015 10 n Pole competition and had the same issue!!! I also had to send multiple emails before receiving even a response. Finally, about a month before the start of the 2016 season, I received my $300.00 gift certificate to Speedgear. His excuse at that time was a new website and the problems associated with getting it up and running. What is the reason this year?

MikeM

Post by MikeM » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:40 pm

Administrator/Owners,

Members of our group, F1 Fiends, have won the overall competition for the past two years. In 2015 the winner's prize was awarded 5 months after winning and the 2016 prize has yet to be awarded 4 months after the end of season.

May excuses have been proffered: "part time activity" , "new website", etc and they amount to BS.

Your business profits from the participation of the sites members and you are willing to accept that in a timely fashion yet when it comes to the other direction you only act after winner's communications and cajoling, very un-business like.

Mike M

Tim
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The 2017 Chinese Grand Prix Thread

Post by Tim » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:20 pm

To MikeM, JTodd and joe,

First of all, let me assure you that all the winnings will be paid as we have done in the past. However let me clarify that this is mainly a hobbyist site and is run on a shoe-string budget thanks to the efforts of all those who contribute particularly cmlean - all of whom are doing this in their spare time and voluntarily, The site doesn't make enough money to cover the costs of running it however we have decided to keep the site running and we fund it from our pockets.

While you are entitled to post on the forum demanding your prize, may I ask, how many times did you engage in the forum discussions ? That is what keeps us going. Just a thought.

The competition has always been free and we decided to keep giving the prizes as we have done in the past and we will contact joe and the other winners and provide the vouchers once we are able to.

Appreciate your understanding

joe

Post by joe » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:10 pm

We had to resort to using the Forum post because you did not have the courtesy to reply to 6 separate email sent over several months.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:04 pm

cmlean,

One question. Just how much time does it take to electronically issue a prize voucher?

JTodd

Post by JTodd » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:35 pm

10 N Pole,

As to the prizes for future winners. I would suggest that you send them a nice plaque if you are running the site "on a shoestring."

The problem, as I see it, is that you promise prizes and do not follow up or follow through. Speaking for myself, I would play regardless of prizes. However, you offer them as part of the game.

As men of character and integrity we keep our commitments.

Thank You,

JTodd

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:45 am

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:04 pm cmlean,

One question. Just how much time does it take to electronically issue a prize voucher?
I have cannot answer that question however I do feel the same frustration as you.

Tim
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tim » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:15 am

Once again I do aplogise for all the delays. On the voucher issue specifically, we contracted a company to rebuild the shopping site and halfway through, they decided not to continue and as a result we cannot issue vouchers from our site. And due to the limited funding, that part remains on hold.

We will be in contact with the winners this month and provide instructions to the winners.