2007 Pre-testing-side chat!

Discuss Formula 1 Testing

Moderators: cmlean, Ed

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:31 pm

I think RBR will do reasonably well in 2007.

In 06 they beat Williams to 7th! Okay that was mainly Williams failures but still they finished 7th with a car that wasn't developed in the second half of the season. (they didn't score any points from Turkey onwards)
In 07 they should be able to fight for 6th at least.

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:35 pm

It'd be a really cool season if Ferrari, Renault, McLaren all fight for the WCC, while Honda, BMW, Toyota and Williams try for the 4th place, whereas Spyker, RBR, STR and Aguri all duke it out for place #8. Of course if some teams perform better and try for higher places it'll be even better. The more the merrier :)
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:42 pm

It would be a massive leap for Williams to go from 8th to 4th. They may have done that in the past but in their 1st year with Toyota and a technical department that seems a bit lacking in depth, I don't think we will see that much of an improvement.

Williams did jump from 7th to 2nd in 89 and from 9th to 2nd in 79! (perhaps they need to wait until 09 :wink: )

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:44 am

Ed wrote:It would be a massive leap for Williams to go from 8th to 4th. They may have done that in the past but in their 1st year with Toyota and a technical department that seems a bit lacking in depth, I don't think we will see that much of an improvement.

Williams did jump from 7th to 2nd in 89 and from 9th to 2nd in 79! (perhaps they need to wait until 09 :wink: )
:lol: Yeah.

Still, I think they will do reasonably well this year. Last year they failed to finish races pretty much half of the season. Even if we count 3 points for every unfinished race it amounts to 27 could-be-gained points. They'd have been 5th. I agree that they won't be able to catch Honda but I want to believe that they will compete against Toyota and BMW reasonably well.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:42 am

gkaytaz wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
Ed wrote:Anothony Davidson in the Super Aguri is doing well again today. The Super Aguri team have improved considerably from where they were less than a year ago!
Davo will get more points than Button.........I bet 7 roubles or one OZ dollar, whichever is the lesser come payout :cry:
Fresh outta roubles. Take any other currency?
Baht, Rupiah, Krone, Guilders, Dubloons,Guineas 8) No yankee dollars, pounds or euros :x
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:45 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
gkaytaz wrote:
Baht, Rupiah, Krone, Guilders, Dubloons,Guineas 8) No yankee dollars, pounds or euros :x
Gold coins! Yes! We shall only deal in doubloons :)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:55 pm

gkaytaz wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
gkaytaz wrote:
Done.

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:56 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
gkaytaz wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
Done.
:up:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:00 pm

.........( thinks......a bit of gold foil around a two bob bit should do the trick) 8)

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:04 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:.........( thinks......a bit of gold foil around a two bob bit should do the trick) 8)
First spammers, now forgers... What is the world coming to? :roll:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:05 pm

Release the hounds of death.
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:19 pm

Mieluinen jotta meid?n Foorumi Finn. Me odottaa ett? te iloita sinun harus ja etsi? edist?? jotta sinun katsella model after Finnish ajaja Raikkonen ja Kovalainen ) :D

Anteeksianto minun hajalla Finnish!

Kohtuullinen ilveillen. Nyt kuluva on alusta loppuun by online kielenk??nt?j

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:22 pm

Ed wrote:Mieluinen jotta meid?n Foorumi Finn. Me odottaa ett? te iloita sinun harus ja etsi? edist?? jotta sinun katsella model after Finnish ajaja Raikkonen ja Kovalainen ) :D

Kohtuullinen ilveillen. Nyt kuluva on alusta loppuun by online kielenk??nt?j?
Would you like some French fries to go with that? :lol:

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:22 pm

Ed wrote:Mieluinen jotta meid?n Foorumi Finn. Me odottaa ett? te iloita sinun harus ja etsi? edist?? jotta sinun katsella model after Finnish ajaja Raikkonen ja Kovalainen ) :D

:wtf: How'd you do that Ed? :shock: :D
Lewis Hamilton & Jenson Button World Champions :)

TheFinn
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by TheFinn » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:27 pm

:D :D :D :D That was a good one!! :lol: The online translator is more of a technical translator I think! :? But nothing bad or wrong with your finnish, and I thank again for the kind welcome to this forum! :cheers: