The 2010 10 'n' Pole Competition Launch

The Best F1 Guessing Game! Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderators: cmlean, 10 n Pole Admin

10 n Pole Admin

The 2010 10 'n' Pole Competition Launch

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:05 pm

As the FIA has decided to award points to the top 10 finishers in a Formula 1 race, we have decided to also award points to the top 10 picks and so 8 'n' Pole is now 10 'n' Pole

The 2010 10 'n' Pole Competition is now ready to accept your picks.

Welcome to the tenth season of the exciting competition 10 'n' Pole where you predict the top 10 finishers in addition to the Pole setter for each of the 19 Formula 1 races in 2010.

Last year we had over 2850 participants and we aim to top 3100 players in the competition this season. As always that needs your help so please spread the word!

You can register at anytime at http://www.newsonf1.com/10npole/register.htm

Those already in the competition do not need to register again.

The competition remains free and in 2010 we are offering exciting prizes with all top 20 finishers winning a prize in addition to each individual round winner. There is also a prize for the perfect pick. If a player picks the top 10 finishers in the exact order as well as the pole setter, they win a €150 Euro Gift Certificate from NewsOnF1 to be used towards a Formula 1 ticket.

The major prizes in 2010 are:

A Grand Prize of €200 Euros (Gift Certificate from NewsOnF1 to be used towards any Grand Prix event in 2011) to the overall winner of the competition

A Second Prize of €100 Euros (Gift Certificate from NewsOnF1 to be used towards any Grand Prix event in 2011) to the second placed player in the competition overall.

A Third Prize of $100 US Dollars Gift Certificate from a choice of suppliers to the third placed player in the competition overall.

A Fourth Prize of $100 Australian dollars (Gift Certificate from The Pitstop Bookshop) to the fourth placed player in the competition overall.

A Fifth Prize of $50 US Dollars Gift Certificate from a choice of suppliers to the fifth placed player in the competition overall.

We'd like to thank all of you for your support and would ask you to consider purchasing your Formula 1 needs through NewsOnF1.

We have also make some changes to the rules for 2010. The major changes are:

Top 10 receive points as follows:

1st - 10 pts
2nd - 9 pts
3rd - 8 pts
4th - 7 pts
5th - 6 pts
6th - 5 pts
7th - 4 pts
8th - 3 pts
9th - 2 pts
10th - 1 pt

Picks in the the exact position recieve 2 bonus points

If your Pole pick is in the top 5 on the grid then you are awarded points as follows:

Pole - 6 pts
2nd on the grid - 4 pts
3rd on the grid - 3 pts
4th on the grid - 2 pts
5th on the grid - 1 pts

The overall bonus is no longer linked to getting the Pole pick correct or not. The bonus is as follows:

6 drivers in the top 10 : 2 bonus points
7 drivers in the top 10 : 4 bonus points
8 drivers in the top 10 : 6 bonus points
9 drivers in the top 10 : 10 bonus points
10 drivers in the top 10 : 16 bonus points

You can checkout the rules and a number of examples at the Rules and Scoring page here.

A 'Call for Picks' email will be sent to each player during the week preceding each Grand Prix weekend however you can submit your picks for a Grand Prix at anytime prior to the deadline announced on the submit page and on the 10 'n' Pole Forum.

If you want to see how your friends are doing in the Competition, just create a group and ask them to join.

Good Luck

10 'n' Pole Administrator

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Post by Southernman » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:58 am

Looking forward to another year of making predictions. :busy: I've don't have a clue yet to what drivers to pick for this season with all the rule changes. :maths:

It's hard to believe that when I started here it was 6'n'pole and now its 10'n'pole. :shock2:

Thanks to the admins for their efforts over the years. :cheers:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:36 am

Hard to believe another exciting season of Formula 1 8'n--; I mean, 10'n'Pole, is upon us......... :shock: :)

Best wishes to everyone on a successful 2010 10'n'Pole Campaign. 8) :) :twisted:

As to picks this year................all I know is I need a new dartboard and some new pictures--; I mean, new targets for the dartboard............ :shock: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:37 pm

Southernman wrote:Looking forward to another year of making predictions. :busy: I've don't have a clue yet to what drivers to pick for this season with all the rule changes. :maths:

It's hard to believe that when I started here it was 6'n'pole and now its 10'n'pole. :shock2:

Thanks to the admins for their efforts over the years. :cheers:
Thanks Southerman and we are glad that you continue to enjoy the competition.

Good luck in 2010, it looks like it will be a close season!

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:40 pm

mlittle wrote:Hard to believe another exciting season of Formula 1 8'n--; I mean, 10'n'Pole, is upon us......... :shock: :)

Best wishes to everyone on a successful 2010 10'n'Pole Campaign. 8) :) :twisted:

As to picks this year................all I know is I need a new dartboard and some new pictures--; I mean, new targets for the dartboard............ :shock: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
The pictures will have to be that good! Picking will be very hard this year :wink:

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:54 pm

Looking into my crystal ball, I see ......... Damn, still nothing.

Thanks for a new challenge.