Round of Europe [Valencia] picks & comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game! Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderators: cmlean, 10 n Pole Admin

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Round of Europe [Valencia] picks & comments

Post by Jim Watt » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:09 am

:D greetings chaps... all 3 of you!! It looks like I'm so early, they hadn't even put up a place for picks on Valencia yet. Oh well... maybe I'll get enough people interested with my picks ... or has everyone simply gone to sleep? I miss Julian and Snowy and am I now the only one to cheer for Fernando, the Cute?

Anyway, here they are:

So we see that, going into the European G.P. in Valencia, race # 9 of a 19 race season, Red Bull Racing’s terrific advantage owing to Adrian Newey’s beautiful design has been squandered by poor leadership and planning.

The RBR team SHOULD be thirty to forty points north of McLaren; and the points they have blown this year would be manna from heaven for Ross Brawn & the Merc team, to say nothing of Modena!

I just hope that Mr. Red Bull (I can't remember how to spell Mat...) can find himself a team leader as good as his designer for next year –if there is to be a next year for the Red Bulls.

Anyway, it looks like McLaren, owing to their superior management and their terrific development work on their machine, to say nothing of the way their drivers have been meshed --And is this because Ron Dennis is no longer team leader? Remember the botch job he made of Juan Pablo Montoya’s and Fernando Alonso’s tenures-- has become the team to beat in F1. They have learned –and moved on. With the collapse of Ferrari in recent years, and with Ross and the Merc team looking to 2011 already, it looks like the Silver & Black machines from Woking will wrap up this season handily –and, unless the Teutons can come up with a giant slayer, McLaren will in coming seasons steadily eat into Ferrari’s legendary hold on F1’s record book.

That said, here’s my –sadder, but wiser—Valencia picks.

Pole: Lewis Hamilton

1. Lewis Hamilton ... as I said last race, he has assumed Michael Schumacher’s mantle, method, and most importantly, luck --and he looks well on his way to beat those seven WDC’s. 8)
2. Jenson Button ... a champion and a great guy, but defending champion in name only :roll:
3. Mark Webber ... another driver’s driver, but this year, his best chance ever, is slipping away :cry:
4. Fernando Alonso ... the best driver on the grid. period. If Modena can build him a car, and that looks now like a very big if, he may spoil Lewis Hamilton’s dream. :up: :up:
5. Sebastian Vettel ... he’s young enough to recover, but it looks like he’ll forever play Mika Hakkinen to Lewis Hamilton’s Michael Schumacher :oops:
6. Nico Rosberg ... like the Webbo, he’s a driver, but he has all the luck of Kimi Raikkonen...:alright:
7. Robert Kubica ... see above :alright:
8. Michael Schumacher ... a legend, but lacking the legend’s machinery :wave:
9. Felipe Massa ... to be remembered, perhaps, along with Rubens B. :alright:
10. Vitantonio Liuzzi ... too soon to really tell, isn’t it? :wink:

I hope the race will be as good as Canada and I really hope Fernando wins :bouncec: ; I’d love to see him join Webber, Button and Hamilton as double winners by the half-way point...but I’m not foolish enough to bet on it. So, cheers!

:cheers:

Jim Watt
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

GhoGho
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Re: Round of Europe [Valencia] picks & comments

Post by GhoGho » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:39 am

Jim Watt wrote::D greetings chaps... all 3 of you!! It looks like I'm so early, they hadn't even put up a place for picks on Valencia yet. Oh well... maybe I'll get enough people interested with my picks ... or has everyone simply gone to sleep? I miss Julian and Snowy and am I now the only one to cheer for Fernando, the Cute?

Jim Watt
Jim, you are not the only one cheering for Fernando, I, being a Ferrari fan am still cheering for him and Massa, and I am sure JayVee is lurking out there somewhere......
Unfortunately Ferrari once again got caught out chasing something else (read F-duct) instead of just developing their own ideas, and seem to have been left behind a wee bit. Hopefully their new updates will address some of those issues and get them back in the hunt.

Having been a fan of F1 for a long time I just love the way some of the old ideas are becoming new again.
Mercedes introduced (reintroduced) the low airbox intake.
Red Bull re-introduced the low exhaust and Ferrari plan to do the same for this weekend. I remember when Ferrari introduced the high exhaust to improve air flow around the rear, and all the teams followed suit. Now they are lowering it again for the same reason.

Red Bull - agree they are wasting their best opportunity yet, but wouldn't write them off just yet.
McLaren - definitely making progress faster than anyone else.

As always, I enjoy reading your posts
I'm in shape

Round is a shape...........

Amjad
2005 Top 10
2005 Top 10

Post by Amjad » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:43 am

My Pick:
1. Hamilton, best Driver in Best Car. :(
2. Button, can not get close to HAM kingdom . :lol:
3. Alonso, Improved Ferrari. :shock:
4. Webber, Strugling RBR. :?
5. Vettel, More Strugling RBR. :?
6. Schumacher, My Hero. :oops:
7. Massa, No comment. :?:
8. Rosberg, can not get more. :?
9. Kubica, I Like him. :)
10. Sutil, Force Sutil. :lol:

Pole: Hamilton. :cry:
5th in 2005 in 8 & Pole
18th in 2010 in 10&Pole

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:12 am

To borrow Jim Watt's first words on the thread................"Greetings from Western N.C., and greetings to my fellow F1 fans.....all four of them!"

Anyway, here are my picks for the European Grand of Valencia, from the Valencia --........ :sleeping:

1st} Fernando Alonso(It's Valencia, it's Spain.......what better place to win! 8) :) 8) ........)
2nd} Lewis Hamilton(keeping his eyes on the championship prize at season's end......... :lol: :lol: )
3rd} Mark Webber(I still can't believe my compatriot Marcos Ambrose stalled the car late at Infineon last week and blew an almost certain win.................... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: )
4th} Sebastien Vettel(can't believe Webbo did better at Valencia then he did....... :evil: :shock: :shock: )
5th} Robert Kubica(......... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ..........)
6th} Michael Schumacher(............ :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ...................)
7th} Jenson Button(watches his fortunes sink as fast as the English football team at the World Cup............... :shock: :shock: )
8th} Adrian Sutil(steadily becoming a pretty darn good F1 pilot............ :) ....)
9th} Felipe Massa( :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: )
10th} Sebastien Buemi(watches LeMans 24 highlights and thinks to himself, "Maybe I shouldn't mention any barbeque jokes to Natacha come Christmas time........" :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: )

And for pole position..................Lewis Hamilton.
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:53 am

G'day Jimbo, Mfer, et al,
Sorry I am not around much at the moment. I am currently doing a Degree in Applied Psychology (read "Profiling"), which occupies most of my computer time.
There is a little bell ringing in the dark and very spooky corner of my mind, that way back when Webbo said something about some major upgrades for Valencia ?
What is the weather forecast ?
I doubt that there is a scintilla of difference in the skills of the top 5 drivers, tis the vehicles making the difference...............unless it rains ...... :lol: /
I am not game to count out Newey coming up with something a bit special.
Cheers all .......... :compute: :bang: :compute: :conf3: :compute: :bcomp:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

jido
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by jido » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:14 am

Winner : Mark Webber

Second : Lewis Hamilton

Third : Sebastian Vettel

Fourth : Fernando Alonso

Fifth : Felipe Massa

Sixth : Jenson Button

Seventh : Robert Kubica

Eighth : Nico Rosberg

Ninth : Michael Schumacher

Tenth : Vitantonio Liuzzi

Pole : Lewis Hamilton

Red Bull to come to the front again :drive:
Lewis still putting pressure on them :shock:
Ferrari to catch up with the top guys :idea: :furious:
Kubica always in the top 10 :up:
Mercedes consolidating their place :roll:
Force India in the chasing pack

Not sure it will have much action, but looking forward to the Valencia race.

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:41 pm

Oh to be forgotten so totally. sob sob
Jim I haven't forgotton you... just sidetracked and totally disorientated.
Not sure why but I just can't get a hang of this tipping this year.
So for what they are worth here are my picks........

Winner: Mark Webber

Second: Jenson Button

Third: Felipe Massa

Fourth: Sebastian Vettel

Fifth: Lewis Hamilton

Sixth: Nico Rosberg

Seventh: Fernando Alonso

Eighth: Michael Schumacher

Ninth: Adrian Sutil

Tenth: Rubens Barrichello

Pole: Mark Webber
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:50 pm

Oh yeah, right, totally forgotten. Hmmm, I wonder why I send you every funny I get ?????
"Strawberry Blanky.. ..Forever..........." 8)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:52 pm

Watch out for the Red Cars........... 8)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:54 pm

3rd} Mark Webber(I still can't believe my compatriot Marcos Ambrose stalled the car late at Infineon last week and blew an almost certain win.................... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked ) ,
Oh, hang about, that is why he is there and I am here. :lol:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:56 pm

GHO GHO,......... GHO, GHO GHO !!! :lol:
Puncuatshunn is critical. in this poshht.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:59 pm

. :( :( :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :cheers:
Mean't, don't Gho, Gho Gho, go Gh.............hmmm, maybe tomorow I will..nah. Luuuurve yers all.

GhoGho
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by GhoGho » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:27 pm

Good to see you guys are still alive and well!
I'm in shape

Round is a shape...........

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:49 am

Julian Mayo wrote:3rd} Mark Webber(I still can't believe my compatriot Marcos Ambrose stalled the car late at Infineon last week and blew an almost certain win.................... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked ) ,
Oh, hang about, that is why he is there and I am here. :lol:
I'll bet Marcos is still wondering WTH did I do that for................... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:51 am

Julian Mayo wrote:G'day Jimbo, Mfer, et al,
Sorry I am not around much at the moment. I am currently doing a Degree in Applied Psychology (read "Profiling"), which occupies most of my computer time.
There is a little bell ringing in the dark and very spooky corner of my mind, that way back when Webbo said something about some major upgrades for Valencia ?
What is the weather forecast ?
I doubt that there is a scintilla of difference in the skills of the top 5 drivers, tis the vehicles making the difference...............unless it rains ...... :lol: /
I am not game to count out Newey coming up with something a bit special.
Cheers all .......... :compute: :bang: :compute: :conf3: :compute: :bcomp:

Hope everything's going alright with you, Julian.......... :)
As for this weekend's race in Valencia, it's sure going to be an interesting--- :sleeping: ................ :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: