Round of Germany - Picks and comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game! Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderators: cmlean, 10 n Pole Admin

10 n Pole Admin

Round of Germany - Picks and comments

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:58 am

10 'n' Pole players, post your picks for the eleventh race of the season in Germany.

You can submit your picks at http://www.newsonf1.com/10npole/submit.htm then paste your picks here and tell us why you think your picks will be the correct ones.

For the latest Formula 1 news, visit the Formula 1 News page.

Please note that the deadline for submitting the picks is now midnight local time on Friday the 23rd of July.

Good luck

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:31 pm

Well it seems like I am first cab off the rank this week.... so for your amusment here are my picks.....

Winner : Mark Webber (There is a fire in the belly and he will desperately want to beat his team mate on home soil...... 8) )

Second : Sebastian Vettel (Too busy practicing his smile to notice that Mark is in front!!!!!! :twisted: )

Third : Lewis Hamilton (Cos he can)

Fourth : Nico Rosberg (home ground ...... :D )

Fifth : Fernando Alonso :roll:

Sixth : Jenson Button Just another manic Sunday

Seventh : Adrian Sutil (seems to get into the points quite a bit)

Eighth : Michael Schumacher (Remembering better times... :oops: )

Ninth : Felipe Massa (someone has to be here so why not????)

Tenth : Kamui Kobayashi ?????

Pole : Mark Webber
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:55 pm

Picks for the German Grand Prix................

1st} Lewis Hamilton(once again, England beats Germany.......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: )
2nd} Nico Rosberg(who's Michael Schumacher again? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )
3rd} Sebastien Vettel(at least I finished on the podium..........where's that Webbo fella' anyway?...... :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: )
4th} Mark Webber(Seb, shut the **** up!....... :shock: :shock: :shock: )
5th} Fernando Alonso(Mark, now you know how I felt when I was Hamilton's teammate a few years ago.........)
6th} Michael Schumacher( :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: )
7th} Jenson Button(if I can't win here, maybe my fellow Englishman Dan Wheldon can win in Edmonton Sunday..............)
8th} Robert Kubica( :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: )
9th} Adrian Sutil(another few points in the bank.......... :lol: :lol: )
10th} Rubens Barrichello(someone has to finish 10th.........this week it's Rubens' turn! :shock: :shock: :shock: )

And for pole position..............Lewis Hamilton.
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:07 pm

Webbo won here last year, and it looks like it could be damp. I still recall him putting that bucket of bolts called a Jaguar, on the front row in the wet.
8)
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:19 pm

:D I'm with JacFan & Julian on this one:

the Webbo & the stars are aligned; he won it here last year and right now he can do no wrong! :1st:
oh, and yes, he'll take the pole too :up: :up:
runner up on the podium will be his team-mate :lol: :lol: the wunderkind, Vettel :2nd:
and the skilled technician who never puts a wheel wrong and never makes a mistake (even when he runs into parked Ferraris in Canada) Lewis Hamilton in the McLaren will take the final step on the podium again :3rd:

for the rest of the runners:
4th: Fernando Alonso will probably get out and push the red sled over the line 8) ; indeed, I'm thinking his will be the drive of the day!
5th place will go to the brilliant Jenson Button in the other McLaren -- unless S.Vettel runs over him on lap one one more time! :?
6th: I have Nico Rosberg :clap: :clap: in the ersatz-benz, trying to make the volk feel a little better --and once again scuttling seven time WDC Michael Schumacher his so called team-mate :alright:
7th: I have to find a slot for Robert Kubica and 7th is as good as any :(
8th: (it's embarrassing to have to admit it, but) I think Adrian Sutil will beat Michael, making him the lowest German in the field!! :lol:
9th: Michael Schumacher: maybe he'll drive in a leather helmet and sport a long white scarf?? :roll:
10th: (how can there be F1 points for someone finishing TENTH!?! --but Rubens Barrichello will be glad to add one more point to his total. :D

Cheers, Chaps!

I wish I thought this would be as exciting as S-stone, but remember this is a great course that has been fiddled into mediocrity by Bernie Ecclestone's landscaper, Herman Tilke! :evil: :twisted: :evil: so we'll all have plenty of time to cut over to the Tour de France for excitement during the race :roll: 8) 8)

Jim Watt :cheers:
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

jido
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by jido » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:47 am

Winner: Fernando Alonso
Second: Mark Webber
Third: Sebastian Vettel
Fourth: Lewis Hamilton
Fifth: Nico Rosberg
Sixth: Rubens Barrichello :shock:
Seventh: Jenson Button
Eighth: Robert Kubica
Ninth: Felipe Massa :shock: (dunno why I put the Brazilians in that order)
Tenth: Michael Schumacher

Pole: Mark Webber

Just wondering -- if you put both Webber and Alonso in a car with similar speed, which first crosses the line at the end of the race?
:flag:

Hey anyway, enjoy the week-end!!

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:57 am

:D Jido:

No question. You put Fernando Alonso in an identical car with ANYONE in the field today and Fernando Alonso comes across the line first. :up: :up:

The guy has everything Michael Schumacher or Ayrton Senna had at their peaks, PLUS one thing they didn't: He just LOVES to race cars!!

enjoy the German Grand Prix --but an Aussie's going to win it! 8)

jim watt
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

jido
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by jido » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:47 am

And now he is in good position to win :cheers: :drive:

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:10 pm

N.Y.C Racer, Nik1 and jb top score this round with 76 points.

The average score was 55.96.

As 3 players are tied for this round, the player who submitted their picks earliest for this round is the winner however both Nik1 and jb didn't submit picks for this round and let their picks roll over while N.Y.C. Racer submitted picks for this round. So congratulations to N.Y.C Race, you have won a NewsOnF1 Compact Smart Digital Clock with Alarm.

N.Y.C. Racer managed to pick all 10 out of the the top 10 finishers with 5th, 9th and 10th in their exact finishing place. Picking Sebastian Vettel for pole earned N.Y.C. Racer 6 additional points and scored a bonus 16 points for picking 10 and Pole!

The Overall Top 20 is available here

The German Top 200 is available here

The Popularity Picks for the round of Germany is available here