Round of Japan 2010 - Picks and comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game! Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderators: cmlean, 10 n Pole Admin

10 n Pole Admin

Round of Japan 2010 - Picks and comments

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:45 am

10 'n' Pole players, post your picks for the sixteenth race of the season in Japan.

You can submit your picks at http://www.newsonf1.com/10npole/submit.htm then paste your picks here and tell us why you think your picks will be the correct ones.

For the latest Formula 1 news, visit the Formula 1 News page.

Please note that the deadline for submitting the picks is now midnight local time on Friday the 8th of October.

Note that Nick Heidfeld has taken over from Pedro de la Rosa at Sauber

Good luck

Thaddeus
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Thaddeus » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:20 pm

Bit uncertain of these, and sleepy, but here are mine:

Thank you Richard Kilner for submitting your picks for the race of Japan

The picks you have entered are:

Winner: Mark Webber

Second: Sebastian Vettel

Third: Fernando Alonso

Fourth: Jenson Button

Fifth: Lewis Hamilton

Sixth: Felipe Massa

Seventh: Robert Kubica

Eighth: Michael Schumacher

Ninth: Nico Rosberg

Tenth: Rubens Barrichello

Pole: Sebastian Vettel

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:50 pm

Winner: Mark Webber

Second: Lewis Hamilton

Third: Fernando Alonso

Fourth: Jenson Button

Fifth: Felipe Massa

Sixth: Sebastian Vettel

Seventh: Adrian Sutil

Eighth: Nico Rosberg

Ninth: Michael Schumacher

Tenth: Robert Kubica

Pole: Mark Webber
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:53 am

With the sun rising in the Land of the Rising Sun(....aren't I the witty one today! :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: ......) here are my picks for the Japanese Grand Prix...............

1st} Felipe Massa(proving why he won't put up with being #2 to Alonso........ :evil: 8) ......)
2nd} Mark Webber(as long as I stay towards' the tip of the points-spear, does it really matter if I finish 1st?..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )
3rd} Lewis Hamilton(maybe I can throw a few monkey wrenches into Webbo's plans for world domination.......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )
4th} Fernando Alonso(continues to provide a steady points stream for the Scuderia.........)
5th} Jenson Button(laments about what his 2010 season could've been like.......)
6th} Sebastien Vettel(Question--What do Vettel and IndyCar competitor Will Power have in common? Answer----They're both showing signs of cracking under pressure! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: )
7th} Robert Kubica(the Quiet Man shows a few more ducats for Renault......)
8th} Michael Schumacher( :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: )
9th} Nico Rosberg(and Michael's supposed to be a 7-time WDC? Yeah, and Will Power won the IndyCar title last week as well............)
10th} Vitantonio Liuzzi(this race's winner of the "Who'll Finish Tenth?" award.....)

And the pole position goes to................Lewis Hamilton.
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:58 pm

:D :D Wow! M. Little, you ARE the brave one!! Putting Sebastian in SIXTH place & figuring little Phil for the winner!! I wish you good luck; if you're right you're sure to be all alone!!!

As for me, I'm picking the fast little German to win; it's time for him to upset all the commentators. Nobody noticed, as far as I could see, what a good race he drove in Singapore; they only like to talk about him when he messes up. Meanwhile, Lewis, who has done a far greater job at destroying his own (and his team's!!) chances lately, gets a pass. :roll:

enough editorial comment; here's me picks:

1. Sebastisn Vettel in the resurgent Red Bull (because he's hungry and he's in a fast fast car...

2. Mark Webber in the second Red Bull (because he, unlike his team mate, is a very smart F1 driver...

3. Fernando Alonso in the Ferrari (because he's the best driver in the field in the third best machine...

4. Lewis Hamilton in the McLaren (because he's got to settle down and accept what he can get in the second best machine on the grid...

5. Jenson Button in the second McLaren (because he, unlike his team mate, is a very smart F1 driver...

6. Felipe Massa in the other Ferrari (because he's driving the third best machine on the grid and doesn't have two, or even one, WDC...

7. Robert Kubica in the Renault (because he's going, one day, to be a WDC, and, like Fernando, he gets more out of his machine than just about anyone else...

8. Nico Rosberg in the Merc (because somebody has to close out the rest of the field after the top three teams roll in...

9. Rubens Barrichello in the Wms/Cosworth (because the wily Brazilian is having more fun than anyone on the grid this year...

10. V. Petrov in the other Renault (because he's driving to keep his seat for next year...

Pole: Sebastian Vettel (because it's going, finally, to be his week on the circuit.

cheers, chaps, and enjoy the race! I hope it's as good as Singapore!!

Jim Watt
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:07 pm

Jim Watt wrote::D :D Wow! M. Little, you ARE the brave one!! Putting Sebastian in SIXTH place & figuring little Phil for the winner!! I wish you good luck; if you're right you're sure to be all alone!!!

As for me, I'm picking the fast little German to win; it's time for him to upset all the commentators. Nobody noticed, as far as I could see, what a good race he drove in Singapore; they only like to talk about him when he messes up. Meanwhile, Lewis, who has done a far greater job at destroying his own (and his team's!!) chances lately, gets a pass. :roll:

enough editorial comment; here's me picks:

1. Sebastisn Vettel in the resurgent Red Bull (because he's hungry and he's in a fast fast car...

2. Mark Webber in the second Red Bull (because he, unlike his team mate, is a very smart F1 driver...

3. Fernando Alonso in the Ferrari (because he's the best driver in the field in the third best machine...

4. Lewis Hamilton in the McLaren (because he's got to settle down and accept what he can get in the second best machine on the grid...

5. Jenson Button in the second McLaren (because he, unlike his team mate, is a very smart F1 driver...

6. Felipe Massa in the other Ferrari (because he's driving the third best machine on the grid and doesn't have two, or even one, WDC...

7. Robert Kubica in the Renault (because he's going, one day, to be a WDC, and, like Fernando, he gets more out of his machine than just about anyone else...

8. Nico Rosberg in the Merc (because somebody has to close out the rest of the field after the top three teams roll in...

9. Rubens Barrichello in the Wms/Cosworth (because the wily Brazilian is having more fun than anyone on the grid this year...

10. V. Petrov in the other Renault (because he's driving to keep his seat for next year...

Pole: Sebastian Vettel (because it's going, finally, to be his week on the circuit.

cheers, chaps, and enjoy the race! I hope it's as good as Singapore!!

Jim Watt
2 reasons I made those picks................
1---in regards to Felipe.......since he's out of the points race now, he has nothing to lose and the best way to prove that is to steal a win out from under Alonso(latent revenge for Hockenheim IMO......) plus I think Massa would make an excellent lead driver for any team on the grid(after all, if you could survive being #2 to both Alonso and Schuey, you're qualified to lead any team on the grid........)
2---in regards to Sebby V.......there's a reason I asked in my picks what Sebastien Vettel and Will Power had in common. Both are excellent drivers but both are showing(or in Power's case, showed) signs of cracking under the pressure. This race will show if Sebby V stands tall or cracks. I think he'll crack under the pressure, but the way this year's gone, who knows?
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:58 pm

I put Shebashem in 6th place too. :D
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:58 am

:D Jac Fan wrote:

I put Shebashem in 6th place too. :D

I know, but you also picked the Webbo to win, which makes IMHO a LOT more sense than little Phil in the Ferrari. 8)

I don't really trust my memory on who --between Vettel & Hamilton-- has the worst record of 'unforced errors' this year. But it definitely seems to me that the commentators --at least those writing in English-- have been much more forgiving of Hamilton than the kid. Maybe you earn that kind of forgiveness by winning a WDC?

I don't know what it will do to the WDC race if the kid wins in Japan. I guess that Bernie E. is hoping the podium is 1: Vettel; 2. Button & 3 Kubica, with the Webbo, Alonso and Hambone stuck low in the points (6th, 7th & 8th).

Looking forward to having the race right after Qualifications.

Jim Watt

Jim Watt
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:52 am

I was at the Mountain and didn't get to put in my picks.........:(
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:29 am

:D :D Julian:

Not to feel bad. I doubt if anyone got close to picking 7 of the 10. Probably more than me picked the Wunderkind, though.

So. You were at the Mountain. Was Bernie E. there, scratching some more commandments on an old piece of Composite? :roll:

Jim Watt

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:43 am

If Bernie tried his bull with Tony Cockroach, V8Supercar Supremo, Bernie would be just another black mark on the entrance to the Dipper. He has been throwing all sorts of enticements to have the V8Supercars support the next Singapore F1 race, to help keep it alive. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:07 am

:D Thanks, Julian, for the 'heads up' re: Bernie's efforts to keep Singapore afloat. I wish I thought that the recent 'O.K.' for Korea wasn't driven by money and I am praying that no one gets hurt because of his greed. I wouldn't be unhappy though if they had to cancel the race because great gobs of asphalt were coming loose and flying through the air. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jim Watt

ps. is the V8 Supercar Supremo really named Tony Cockroach?

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:11 am

No, but that is what the fans call him !!
I also have concerns about the Korean track.......... :shock: :?

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:17 pm

Here are the Top 3 and Pole statistics for the round of Japan!

Winner
Sebastian Vettel 37.36%
Fernando Alonso 24.73%
Mark Webber 23.63%
Lewis Hamilton 10.99%
Jenson Button 2.20%
Felipe Massa 1.10%

Second
Mark Webber 31.32%
Fernando Alonso 26.92%
Sebastian Vettel 25.82%
Lewis Hamilton 10.99%
Felipe Massa 2.75%
Jenson Button 2.20%

Third
Fernando Alonso 30.77%
Lewis Hamilton 22.53%
Mark Webber 21.43%
Sebastian Vettel 12.09%
Jenson Button 8.79%
Felipe Massa 2.75%
Robert Kubica 1.65%

Pole
Sebastian Vettel 48.90%
Fernando Alonso 21.98%
Mark Webber 18.68%
Lewis Hamilton 8.24%
Jenson Button 1.10%

Results a bit later today

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:27 am

Enzo and Ashish top score this round with 63 points.

The average score was 46.43.

The Winner for this round:
As 2 players are tied for this round, the player who submitted their picks earliest for this round is the winner, however as neither player submitted picks for this round, the player to most recently submit a pick is declared the winner. Enzo submitted picks for Singapore while Ashish didn't so congratulations to Enzo, you have won a NewsOnF1 Compact Smart Digital Clock with Alarm.

Enzo managed to pick 7 out of the the top 10 finishers with 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 9th in their exact finishing place. Picking Sebastian Vettel for pole earned Enzo 6 additional points and scored a bonus 4 points for picking 7 and Pole!
Ashish managed to pick 7 out of the the top 10 finishers with 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 9th in their exact finishing place. Picking Sebastian Vettel for pole earned Ashish 6 additional points and scored a bonus 4 points for picking 7 and Pole!

The Overall Top 20 is available here

The Japanese Top 200 is available here

The Popularity Picks for the round of Japan is available here