Round of Brazil 2011 - Picks and comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game! Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderators: cmlean, 10 n Pole Admin

10 n Pole Admin

Round of Brazil 2011 - Picks and comments

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:30 pm

10 'n' Pole players, post your picks for the final race of the 2011 season at the Interlagos Circuit in Brazil.

You can submit your picks at http://www.newsonf1.com/10npole/submit.htm then paste your picks here and tell us why you think your picks will be the correct ones.

You can now get a live view of who 10 'n' Pole players are picking. Just click on the link on the submit page

For the latest Formula 1 news, visit the Formula 1 News page.

The deadline for submitting the picks is midnight local time of Friday practice.

Good luck

Thaddeus
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Thaddeus » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:31 pm

Quite hard to say, as there might be rain for qualifying. Unless it's very rainy during the race I suspect Vettel will win, yet again. I hope next season has a tighter title race.

The picks you have entered are:

Winner: Sebastian Vettel

Second: Jenson Button

Third: Lewis Hamilton

Fourth: Fernando Alonso

Fifth: Mark Webber

Sixth: Michael Schumacher

Seventh: Felipe Massa

Eighth: Nico Rosberg

Ninth: Adrian Sutil

Tenth: Kamui Kobayashi

Pole: Sebastian Vettel

sennano1fan
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by sennano1fan » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:56 pm

Second: Lewis Hamilton

Third: Mark Webber

Fourth: Jenson Button

Fifth: Fernando Alonso

Sixth: Felipe Massa

Seventh: Nico Rosberg

Eighth: Adrian Sutil

Ninth: Rubens Barrichello

Tenth: Michael Schumacher

Anything can be improved by a beer or two

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:37 pm

Look like everyone so far is backing Vettel for the winner of the final race of 2011.
Unfortunately I have to agree. Here's hoping to a closer fight for the title next year.

So onto my picks for the finale.....

Second: Jenson Button

Third: Mark Webber

Fourth: Lewis Hamilton

Fifth: Fernando Alonso

Sixth: Michael Schumacher

Seventh: Felipe Massa

Eighth: Nico Rosberg

Ninth: Paul di Resta

Tenth: Rubens Barrichello

Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:32 am

:D It's been a great season, chaps! (altho' I wish more folks had been chatting about the races); I miss some of the old regulars...

anyway here's me picks for the close of the season, always remembering that ANYTHING can happen in Brazil!

:1st: Seb Vettel will close out a season he'll remember for the rest of his life! :up:
:2nd: Mark Webber will end his year wondering if he'll ever get lucky again :alright:
:3rd: Lewis Hamilton will try too hard and let the Webbo get by him --and then the race, for him, will be over :wave:
4th: Fernando will drag his Ferrari across the line --and wonder for the umpteenth time this year why he wanted that red jump suit so badly :?
5th: Jenson Button's luck will have been used up by this time :alright:
6th: Felipe Massa (after all, it's his home race, isn't it?) :up:
7th: Nico Rosberg there's always next year :clap::clap:
8th: Michael Schumacher I hope a whole year without a podium will only motivate him for next year :wink: :wink:
9th: Paul di Resta I want him to get a better ride a.s.a.p. :burnout:
10th Kamui Kobayashi wouldn't it be fun to find him a spot at Renault? :drive:

Pole Sebastian Vettel :lucky: And talented, the best combination in racing!

Enjoy the race; it'll be a long off season for me :(
cheers :cheers:
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:39 pm

It's been a great season, chaps! (altho' I wish more folks had been chatting about the races); I miss some of the old regulars...
Yes well said Jim. I don't know what happened to everyone this year. Julian has defected over to facebook... I have no idea what happened to Snowy, JayVee and some of the others.
Luckily we still have Chris and Mathew contributing to the forums.
If the four of us stopped posting I don't know who would bother posting anything apart from Ed.

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:59 pm

:D Thanks, Jacfan! I suspected something like facebook had something to do with it. I know there are other forums (Speed has one in the U.S.), but most of them I've looked at are full of lots of ill informed huffing and chuffing. I appreciate your caring enough to reply. Maybe, with time, we can get some good talk going during the break. Lord knows there's enough to talk about with the current confused state of F1. Something's got to be done to save the sport, but I doubt if it has much to do with the current power structure. I am hoping that Ferrari can bury the hatchet with McLaren and join with RBR and Mercedes to make room for the middle and back runners. After all, both Braun AND RBR started out there, remember!

cheers, jim
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:54 pm

Thanks to all those who continue to post and contribute over here

Yes, the new social media has had an impact on us, but also a season where the championship has been decided a long time ago doesn't help either.

We will try a few things during the off season and hopefully some of the old contributors will come back :wink:

Of course we would be looking to have new members as well

Thanks again for your passion

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:47 pm

Thanks Ed. It certainly would be nice to have some new contributions to the discussions. :D :D :D
I know Julian certainly is hooked on Facebook but I also believe that he got sick of some the negative comments directed at him.
I can't comment on the others but with Alonso the cute not winning this year JayVee may have little to say. The other thing is we don't know what is happening in their personal lives.

Oh well..... I will try to keep those that read amused :blah: :cheer: [/quote]

GhoGho
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by GhoGho » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:22 am

Jim Watt wrote::D Thanks, Jacfan! I suspected something like facebook had something to do with it. I know there are other forums (Speed has one in the U.S.), but most of them I've looked at are full of lots of ill informed huffing and chuffing. I appreciate your caring enough to reply. Maybe, with time, we can get some good talk going during the break. Lord knows there's enough to talk about with the current confused state of F1. Something's got to be done to save the sport, but I doubt if it has much to do with the current power structure. I am hoping that Ferrari can bury the hatchet with McLaren and join with RBR and Mercedes to make room for the middle and back runners. After all, both Braun AND RBR started out there, remember!

cheers, jim
Well said Jim!
i too have looked at other forums, and agree wholeheartedly thet most of the people on those forums seem to be ill informed.
this is the one place i have found where people have well thought out opinions and at the same time respect the views of others without all the mane bashing etc that seems to be prevalent on other sites.
I for one appreciate the effort from Ed and others to keep this forum going.

Thanks to all for another enjoyable season.
I'm in shape

Round is a shape...........

:cheers:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:46 am

Have a Merry Christmas GhoGho. Hope to see you contributing again next year. :xmas:

I don't know about other forums for F1 as this is the only one I have been involved with.
I don't have a lot of expertise on the technical side of F1 but I do love the sport.
I am not really sure that you need to have a full knowledge of the technical side of F1 to contribute to the forums....... of course I could be wrong and maybe I am really one of the ill informed. If my opinions offend anyone then I am sorry.

Thaddeus
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Thaddeus » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:23 pm

I've enjoyed this year, even if my 10 'n' Pole predictions are almost amusingly bad :p

Not sure if I'll be quite as active next year due to UK F1 coverage (I won't bang on about it, except to say that half the races are live and half are just delayed highlights unless you have Sky).

Anyway, let's hope the other teams can challenge Red Bull next year.

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:00 pm

I am not sure how this will affect our coverage here in Australia as we take our feed from the UK.... I am wondering if we will be getting delayed too.
Definitely won't be happy about that if it is the case.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Thaddeus
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Thaddeus » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:32 pm

Depends if you get it straight from the BBC, I'd guess.

The free-to-air live list :
Spain, Monaco, Valencia, Britain, Belgium, Singapore, Korea, Abu Dhabi and Brazil

So a couple of ok circuits, a few great ones, and quite a lot of tedious ones.

European races not covered live will get a 90 minute 'highlights' programme, and Far Eastern races not covered will get a 2hr 'highlights' programme. Some have wondered whether this means Canada, Brazil and maybe the US will not be covered at all.

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:08 pm

Not sure if the results of the final race of the year have been sent out yet..... If they have, I didn't get them :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: