Way Early Picks for Melbourne

The Best F1 Guessing Game! Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderators: cmlean, 10 n Pole Admin

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Way Early Picks for Melbourne

Post by Jim Watt » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:49 am

:D well, well, friends; I know it's very early and it's very likely that my picks may change before Saturday, Qual. Day on the 19th. Here's my thinking as of today (March 6,2016);

Lewis Hamilton will take the pole and the race. No Question. I know many dislike Lewis (maybe because of his race, but more likely because of his racing), but he is definitely driven, like Michael Schumacher was, and will be all business in Melbourne.

The second step on the podium belongs to Seb Vettel & Ferrari and, if anything goes wrong with Lewis's Merc, maybe even the top step.

And, I'm going out on a limb for sentimental reasons, and picking Kimi to take the third step. I've always liked the Finn; his life-style and his hell on wheels driving. He's the ANTI-FOM champion, about the only breath of fresh air in F1 these days.

4th place will go, reliably and predictably, to Nico. He's good and he's in the best car, after all.

5th Again, I'm following my heart, and picking Hulkenberg in the Force-India just because I like him and I hope F.I. can take it to Wms. this year.

6th Speaking of Wms, surely Bottas will be somewhere in the points, but I just think there's too much money in the first FIVE places for Frank & Claire's team this year.

7th Max Verstauen's Toro Rosso will be really good for F1 (in spite of Merc/Ferrari and Bernie's cartel) and by the end of the year I think he'll score between 65 and 75 points!

8th will probably go to Daniel Ricciardo's Red Bull... but he could surprise us all and get much higher! I, for one, would love to see Tag Heur (the watch-makers) out score Renault this year!!

9th should be Carlos Sainz (another bright face (if only F! knew how to marked themselves!!) in the other TR.

And the FINAL POINT GOES TO: the other Daniel (Kyat) in the other Tag Heur Red Bull.

Alas, I don't see how Haas or McLaren can possibly score points in this race; maybe later in the year? I am just hoping that Fernando keeps healthy and Jenson will decide to hang up his helmet. I mean, who would pick him up for 2017? Saber?? Renault??? not bloody likely.

So. What's your thinking? Is anybody out there??
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:31 am

Well, I like your thinking Jim.

I haven't placed my tips as yet but I feel it will be similar to 2015 but maybe without the surprise results for the Saubers. As with your picks, mine will be open to change.

1. Lewis Merc
2. Nico Merc
3. Seb Ferrari
4. Kimi Ferrari
5-10 Any combination of RBR, Toro and Williams

Force India, McLaren, Hass, Sauber, Renault and Manor will make the battle of the back half of grid interesting.

Time will tell.