Round of Hungary 2016 - Picks and comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game! Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderators: cmlean, 10 n Pole Admin

10 n Pole Admin

Round of Hungary 2016 - Picks and comments

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:49 pm

10 'n' Pole players, post your picks for the 11th race of the season in Hungary.

You can log-in to the new 10 'n' Pole site and submit your picks at http://newsonf1.net/10npole/ then paste your picks here and tell us why you think your picks will be the correct ones.

For a live view of which drivers the 10 'n' Pole players are picking, visit the Popular Picks page

For the latest Formula 1 news, visit the Formula 1 News page.

The deadline for submitting the picks is the start of Saturday practice.
That is at 11:00 Hungary time (09:00 GMT).

Good luck

Tim
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Round of Hungary 2016 - Picks and comments

Post by Tim » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:45 pm

This will be an interesting race as Mercedes will not dominate here. A slow track will favour the Red Bulls and Ricciardo has to show that he is the team leader at Red Bull. Verstappen will be a close second with Hamilton and Rosberg fighting it out for a podium.

Ferrari will be fighting with Force India and Toro Rosso and Vettel will do better than Raikkonen (that is almost a given!), Sainz will impress again (I think he or Perez should replace Raikkonen at Ferrari)

My picks :D

Your Pick Post Date:2016-07-20 08:38:41 (GMT)
Winner: Daniel Ricciardo
Second: Max Verstappen
Third: Nico Rosberg
Fourth: Lewis Hamilton
Fifth: Sebastian Vettel
Sixth: Carlos Sainz
Seventh: Fernando Alonso
Eighth: Kimi Raikkonen
Ninth: Sergio Perez
Tenth: Valterri Bottas
Pole: Daniel Ricciardo

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:09 pm

My thoughts for this race in Hungary are similar to other circuits.

I still feel that the Mercedes duo will be hard to topple however I do agree with Tim in that the race will not be the usual walk in the park.

Your Pick Post Date:2016-07-18 09:51:48 (GMT)
Winner: Nico Rosberg: Now is the time to get your head back in the game
Second: Lewis Hamilton: He is now close to Nico in points. Does he take the lead?
Third: Sebastian Vettel: Ferrari is still the next best however the Red Bulls are getting closer.
Fourth: Max Verstappen: I got bitten in Britain by young Max finishing ahead of Daniel
Fifth: Daniel Ricciardo: Still chasing. Maybe strategy may help rather than hinder this time
Sixth: Kimi Raikkonen: The car is good, I'm just not sure that Kimi's heart is in it.
Seventh: Valterri Bottas: About time for the Williams duo to shine. They failed miserably in Britain.
Eighth: Felipe Massa: As above
Ninth: Carlos Sainz: Points, points, points. Carlos keeps accumulating
Tenth: Sergio Perez: Back home in the top 10.
Pole: Nico Rosberg: Catch me if you can........................

Thaddeus
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Thaddeus » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:13 pm

Intriguing to see just how well Red Bull does. Also, if there's rain (which will be a relative advantage for them, and harm Williams). On Williams, I do wonder if Force India might overtake them for 4th in the Constructors'.

Winner: Max Verstappen
Second: Lewis Hamilton
Third: Daniel Ricciardo
Fourth: Nico Rosberg
Fifth: Sebastian Vettel
Sixth: Sergio Perez
Seventh: Carlos Sainz
Eighth: Fernando Alonso
Ninth: Jenson Button
Tenth: Nico Hulkenberg
Pole: Lewis Hamilton

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:06 pm

I'd love to see Max win it and maybe he will, but I'm still going to pick Lewis for the win and the pole. Here are my picks:

1. Hamilton because he's canny enough to push Nico into a mistake and he'll get the pole in any case
2. Max Verstappen because he's simply in his own class; if everything goes well and the pit crew is on it, he should steal some glory
3. Daniel Ricciardo because he's got to push is new mate and, if possible, get by him!
4. Sebastian Vettel, who is such a champion I wouldn't be surprised to see him repeat last year's triumph, but the red car is just too slow
5. Rosberg will be pushing Seb, but Seb's car will just be too wide to get round. Indeed Rosberg might even put himself out of the race!
6. Raikkonen who is a proud man even if a quiet one.
7. Alonso will be ready if Kimi slips
8. Button has won this thing in the rain and I wouldn't count him out of the top five if the clouds do open
9. Huldenberg will be desperate to make the top ten because his year has been flat so far
10. And I'm picking Bottas; it seems the push has gone out of him when he learned that the other Finn will be in the red car next year
Pole will be Lewis's
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

Tim
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tim » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:11 pm

Jim Watt wrote:I'd love to see Max win it and maybe he will, but I'm still going to pick Lewis for the win and the pole. Here are my picks:

1. Hamilton because he's canny enough to push Nico into a mistake and he'll get the pole in any case
2. Max Verstappen because he's simply in his own class; if everything goes well and the pit crew is on it, he should steal some glory
3. Daniel Ricciardo because he's got to push is new mate and, if possible, get by him!
4. Sebastian Vettel, who is such a champion I wouldn't be surprised to see him repeat last year's triumph, but the red car is just too slow
5. Rosberg will be pushing Seb, but Seb's car will just be too wide to get round. Indeed Rosberg might even put himself out of the race!
6. Raikkonen who is a proud man even if a quiet one.
7. Alonso will be ready if Kimi slips
8. Button has won this thing in the rain and I wouldn't count him out of the top five if the clouds do open
9. Huldenberg will be desperate to make the top ten because his year has been flat so far
10. And I'm picking Bottas; it seems the push has gone out of him when he learned that the other Finn will be in the red car next year
Pole will be Lewis's
Welcome back Jim :D
We have reset you forum user and reposted your post as your registered username. We sent you an email explaining this too

Good picks although I suspect Rosberg will be too far ahead of the Ferraris to trouble him :-D

Tim
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tim » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:42 pm

Seems Mercedes are too quick for Red Bull! I think it will be Mercedes Red Bull Ferrari but I'll keep my picks :shock:

Tim
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tim » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:56 pm

A bit surprised that Red Bull weren't closer to Mercedes and also that Ferrari were near the race pace of Red Bull

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:12 pm

Congratulations to the 10 'n' Pole winners for the Round of Hungary 2016

Code: Select all

Rank Score   Player			  Country
1	 76		Ramirkkonen		Peru
1	 76		Dom				  United Kingdom
1	 76		Casualcamel		United States
4	 75		Ads				  Australia
4	 75		majorthom		  New Zealand
4	 75		Popov			   Brazil
4	 75		RENZOCO			 Peru
8	 72		wallslammer1	  United States
8	 72		Michael Geldart  Australia
8	 72		Armin			   Australia
8	 72		Orange Peel	   United Kingdom

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:22 pm

10 'n' Pole Standings after the Round of Hungary 2016

Code: Select all

Rank Score  Player		    Country
1	  615	Road Runner	  United Kingdom
2	  603	MrGSir		    United Kingdom
3	  602	Joe			    United States
3	  602	Binny			  Australia
5	  599	lukas1733		 Colombia
6	  597	Andy Pandy	   Australia
7	  596	RENZOCO		   Peru
8	  594	Armin		     Australia
8	  594	Wrghtlot		  United Kingdom
10	 593	Orange Peel	 United Kingdom

Thaddeus
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Thaddeus » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:47 pm

I think Ferrari were the faster. Both were catching or very close behind the Red Bulls, but it seems Ferrari just can't make a right strategy choice this year (sometimes unlucky, sometimes just wrong).

Wb, Jim.

Tim
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tim » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:51 pm

Whilst by the looks of it, Ferrari did look faster than Red Bull towards the end of the race however Riccardo was looking after his tyres given that he made his stop much earlier than Vettel while Raikkonen had a very different strategy and was on the super softs catching Verstappen on the softs (if I remember correctly!)

I reckon it will be an interesting fight between those two teams for 2nd this season