Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderator: 8 n Pole Admin

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:39 pm

K-D wrote:
KD
Mark came to my attention driving a FF here years ago, against some noted drivers. It was a clapped out dunga of a thing and he had very little money, or sponsorship. Some very astute judges pointed him out after his first race,where he consistantly out braked everyone, passed down the inside, around the outside,and was a master in the rain. He often did not win bcause his car lacked horsepower compared to the more modern machinery, hell it lacked everything,but more often than not he would be leading thru the twisty stuff, only to be overtaken on the longer straights and he was doing this when his primary interest was football.One of those astute judges was Sir Jack Brabham, another was Ron Tauranac. :lol:
I hear you.

If it was not for his in my opinion stupid comments, and borish attitude this season I would have zero "problems" with him.

Back before he advanced to F1, I was promoting him on other boards as being the F3000 driver most likely to succeed in F1. Times have sofar proven me right. When following autoracing, it is sometimes forgotten just how difficult it is to excell. Many fans now-a-days do not get to actual seeeinf real live racing, which they all should do on occasion.

Watching a F1 race on the TV, makes it look so easy. And we all know that it is anything but easy. There is not a single driver in the field, that will take the same line through a corner, they have different approaches to braking, steering, applying power. All kinds of racing will give you the same. But for many ?fans? they chose to just slag a driver for his ?lag of talent?. I do not doubt that ALL drivers on the F1 grid, are verry very very good racers, and they are in F1 because they have excelled in most racing sinc e they turned 10 years old.

Some talents never pan out in F1, we the fans will be as befuddled as the teams that wasted millions on a driver tagged as ?can?t miss?, and thehn turning out to be nothing special. As a Dani I obviously have the case of Jan Magnussenm whom we all thought would bring wins, and possibly WDC(s) to Danish racing. He made it to the top, and was found to be nothing special, since being bounced out of F1, he has not amounted to anything special, and there is no particular interest in him from ?serious? racing.

In the times I have followed Autoracing, I have seen many failures, whom were supposed to be great F1 racers in the making. The Brothers Fert?, Pirro, Modena, Rahpanel, Capelli, Larrauri, Lehto, Johansson, Verstappen, Wendlinger, there are reasons and explanations for all of them ?failing?, but bottom line is that they all failed as F1 racers.

8)

I concur :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:24 pm

Well said K-D :clap:
An F1 Idiot!!!