Best spot for Melbourne GP in 2007

After some help or advice on a Formula 1 related topic ? Ask here!

Moderator: Ed

Lloyd
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Best spot for Melbourne GP in 2007

Post by Lloyd » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:51 am

Ello me little lovelies ( said in a deep gruff voice)
I went to Melbourne F! in 2003 and stood on a mound with 3000 other fools hoping for an occasional glimpse of the action.
Decided to go next year but want to see the action so will pay through the nose for a seat. Does anyone have an opionion on the best spot to watch the race from. Apart from home on the tele. :D
Maybe, perhaps, not sure

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Re: Best spot for Melbourne GP in 2007

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:18 pm

Lloyd wrote:Ello me little lovelies ( said in a deep gruff voice)
I went to Melbourne F! in 2003 and stood on a mound with 3000 other fools hoping for an occasional glimpse of the action.
Decided to go next year but want to see the action so will pay through the nose for a seat. Does anyone have an opionion on the best spot to watch the race from. Apart from home on the tele. :D
Spoken nasally, yup, save your money and go to the Clipsal 500 :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:28 pm

I have been to the Fangio stand a few times. I like it because you can see into the pits when there are boring bits. However I do believe that the Brabham Stand is great and if I went again, that is the one I would like to have a seat in. Right on the first corner at the end of the main straight. Enjoy!!!! :D :D :D
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:15 am

97 in the Senna stand, loved it as you see the cars coming through the final turn before the straight, you also see the cars entering the pits so you can take some decent shots.

2001 in the Jones stand, enjoyed it too as you see the cars at the end of the straight and some overtaking attempts. In practice the drivers often go wide.

2002 in the Brabham stand, this is the best in my opinion. You see the cars coming down the straight and facing you into turns 1 and 2 (unlike the Jones stand) and it is better for taking shots of the cars. And if you are lucky you could witness a spectacular pileup like we did when Ralf launched over Rubens at the start!!

In any of the stands get a seat in a higher section unless you want to watch through the safety fence. They extended them even higher after Villeneuves crash!!

I can't really afford going to the race these days :cry:

Enjoy it :wink:
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Lloyd
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Lloyd » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:42 pm

So thats 1 stay at home (thanks)
2 for Brabham and 1 each for Fangio and Jones.
Thats what I requested and you have all come through with flying colours. The positive replies win freee tickets to next years F1 GP in Melbourne :o
I will check the ticket site and I bet (if I were a betting man) they will be the not cheap ones, but you only get what you pay for.
Again thanks folks.
Maybe, perhaps, not sure

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:50 pm

Lloyd wrote:So thats 1 stay at home (thanks)
Thats what I requested and you have all come through with flying colours. The positive replies win freee tickets to next years F1 GP in Melbourne :o
I will check the ticket site and I bet (if I were a betting man) they will be the not cheap ones, but you only get what you pay for.
Again thanks folks.
You will enjoy it whatever stand you pick. It is not cheap but well worth the money to have a good view and know you have a seat all to yourself. You can still walk around the track etc but when you want to sit you have your seat. Most of the stands (if not all) have food and drink available nearby and toilets for the odd pit stop!!
I wish I was going. Sigh :D

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:17 pm

Lloyd wrote:So thats 1 stay at home (thanks)
Again thanks folks.
:oops: Tis just that they have treated the V8 supercars with contempt for so long. ie the teams are not even allowed to hand out free posters :evil: .
I love F1, but I love motor racing more. The premier class of racing in Australia is V8Supercars. The local single seater boys get to piggyback on them in front of the biggest audiences they could have imagined. :lol:

Lloyd
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Lloyd » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:16 am

:oops: Tis just that they have treated the V8 supercars with contempt for so long. ie the teams are not even allowed to hand out free posters :evil: .
I love F1, but I love motor racing more. The premier class of racing in Australia is V8Supercars. The local single seater boys get to piggyback on them in front of the biggest audiences they could have imagined. :lol:[/quote]
When did they stop doing that, handing out free posters?? My kids have heaps from the V8s at Winton?? Or did U mean the F1 teams. Im confused :? I agree though with what U are saying, I too greatly enjoy V8 racing, now we also have it in F1 :lol:
Maybe, perhaps, not sure

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:47 am

Lloyd wrote::oops: Tis just that they have treated the V8 supercars with contempt for so long. ie the teams are not even allowed to hand out free posters :evil: .
I love F1, but I love motor racing more. The premier class of racing in Australia is V8Supercars. The local single seater boys get to piggyback on them in front of the biggest audiences they could have imagined. :lol:
When did they stop doing that, handing out free posters?? My kids have heaps from the V8s at Winton?? Or did U mean the F1 teams. Im confused :? I agree though with what U are saying, I too greatly enjoy V8 racing, now we also have it in F1 :lol:[/quote]

The V8supercar teams are not allowed to give out any promotional material at the GP. :x
The V8s will not be running at the next Melb. GP.

Of course, the best spot for the Melb GP is Sydney :lol:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:57 pm

Wow that is weird. They used to hand out posters and stuff and sign autographs. I think if the V8s are not there it will be a big decline in attendance.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:14 pm

jacfan wrote:Wow that is weird. They used to hand out posters and stuff and sign autographs. I think if the V8s are not there it will be a big decline in attendance.
My guesstimate is 20% decline. :cry:

Lloyd
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Lloyd » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:19 pm

Cunning plan no. 17
I will kick all the kids out and organise a Kia Carnival race before the GP :D
Maybe, perhaps, not sure

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:11 pm

Lloyd wrote:Cunning plan no. 17
I will kick all the kids out and organise a Kia Carnival race before the GP :D
I'd like to see that :shock:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:19 pm

As far as I am aware Brabham and Jones are the most expensive stands :(
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:41 pm

Yes I would agree with that. :D
Brabham and Jones stands $(Au)599
Prost and Fangio stands $(Au)459
the cheapest stands are $359
There is also a 4 stand ticket option.
Experience the Grand Prix from 4 grandstands over 4 days!

Choose either the Brabham, Fangio, Schumacher or Waite stand for the Sunday, and you?ll be allocated seats in the remaining 3 stands for the other 3 days.

The Four Corner Grandstand ticket option provides an opportunity for you to experience 4 different stand locations across the 4 days of the event.

There are four Four Corner Grandstand package options.

Experience the Grand Prix from 4 grandstands over 4 days!

Choose either the Brabham, Fangio, Schumacher or Waite stand for the Sunday, and you?ll be allocated seats in the remaining 3 stands for the other 3 days.

The Four Corner Grandstand ticket option provides an opportunity for you to experience 4 different stand locations across the 4 days of the event.

There are four Four Corner Grandstand package options.

Prices vary according to which option you want.....$419 - $359.
For info check out

http://www.grandprix.com.au/