2007 Pre-testing-side chat!

Discuss Formula 1 Testing

Moderators: cmlean, Ed

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:06 am

Julian Mayo wrote: The Wt is on me.................bring your own coke but, GK hasn't put the Kelvinators in yet :evil:
Patience is a virtue... The Cabinet will be finished tomorrow. Promise.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:11 am

TheFinn wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
TheFinn wrote:
:weird: :cheers:
The Wt is on me.................bring your own coke but, GK hasn't put the Kelvinators in yet :evil:
Sure thing! :roll:
Which team will win the Manchamp? Which driver will win the WDC? 8)
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

TheFinn
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by TheFinn » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:14 am

Julian Mayo wrote:
TheFinn wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
The Wt is on me.................bring your own coke but, GK hasn't put the Kelvinators in yet :evil:
And what r we talking about now? Which continent r we in?

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:22 am

TheFinn wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
TheFinn wrote:
F1
A1GP
WRC
Renault Series
GMT
V8Supercars
F3
and I think I just saw an ice berg on the port bow
:shock:

TheFinn
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by TheFinn » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:24 am

Julian Mayo wrote:
TheFinn wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
F1
A1GP
WRC
Renault Series
GMT
V8Supercars
F3
:compute:

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:27 am

I know you said you are a fan of all Finn's but how highly do you rate Kovalainen ? What is the expectation in Finland ? Also is everyone there expecting Raikkonen to win the title with Ferrari this year ?
Just curious to know what the locals think

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:32 am

TheFinn wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
TheFinn wrote:
F1
A1GP
WRC
Renault Series
GMT
V8Supercars
F3
:up: :bcomp:

Time to get the winter wood in :lol:

TheFinn
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by TheFinn » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:37 am

Ed wrote:I know you said you are a fan of all Finn's but how highly do you rate Kovalainen ? What is the expectation in Finland ? Also is everyone there expecting Raikkonen to win the title with Ferrari this year ?
Yes, I'll try to look at F1 without blue & white eyes. Personally I rate Heikki pretty high but in my opinion he's not a Kimi. Expectation in Finland for Heikki is pretty high but the press and people know that it's his first season so... he's got a good car and team so we can expect some good results from him. Kimi in other hand has huge pressure from Finland for next year in Ferrari, and he should have.. great car and suberb team! He has been second two times in the championship so yeah, finns expect him to win next year! Now, what we seen in this sport many years and many times, things turn real quick!! And no one can win championship in a car thats not competitive at all! For sure next year will be very interesting F1 season for the Finns and for me!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:51 am

TheFinn wrote:
Ed wrote:I know you said you are a fan of all Finn's but how highly do you rate Kovalainen ? What is the expectation in Finland ? Also is everyone there expecting Raikkonen to win the title with Ferrari this year ?
Yes, I'll try to look at F1 without blue & white eyes. Personally I rate Heikki pretty high but in my opinion he's not a Kimi. Expectation in Finland for Heikki is pretty high but the press and people know that it's his first season so... he's got a good car and team so we can expect some good results from him. Kimi in other hand has huge pressure from Finland for next year in Ferrari, and he should have.. great car and suberb team! He has been second two times in the championship so yeah, finns expect him to win next year! Now, what we seen in this sport many years and many times, things turn real quick!! And no one can win championship in a car thats not competitive at all! For sure next year will be very interesting F1 season for the Finns and for me!
Good post :good: :up: goodnight :nap:

TheFinn
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by TheFinn » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:56 am

Julian Mayo wrote:
TheFinn wrote:
Good post :good: :up: goodnight :nap:
:up: Night!

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:58 am

TheFinn wrote:
So you think Kimi will be the next Hakkinen? I haven't had a chance to watch Kovalainen drive but from what I read in the November F1 magazine he will be a major force within the next few years. Who knows if Hakkinen returns to race with McLaren alongside Alonso we may have a delicious battle between 3 Finns, a Brazilian and a Spaniard :)
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:01 am

Finn, we talked about Finns a bit. Now lemme ask you another question: how do you rate Alonso and Massa? You think Alonso will be as strong in the McL as he was in the Renault? And the Ferrari team: Massa-Kimi seems to be a good combo but they may steal each other's championship points. What's your take on that?

Of course that is a question directed to all :)

TheFinn
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by TheFinn » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:01 pm

gkaytaz wrote:Finn, we talked about Finns a bit. Now lemme ask you another question: how do you rate Alonso and Massa? You think Alonso will be as strong in the McL as he was in the Renault? And the Ferrari team: Massa-Kimi seems to be a good combo but they may steal each other's championship points. What's your take on that?

Of course that is a question directed to all :)
Both Alonso and Massa I rate high as well. Both drivers are very tallent, and when you look at that kind of high tallented drivers you have to searh for small details to make some small difference in them. I allways rated Alonso high but I also tought that he has a very strong head! He proved me wrong in the end of this season when he started to hit on his own team. That's never a good thing despite what your tension is. So I think Alonso is consistent and very fast when things with the car and team is good... now he is going to MC and as double champ, he has to come real quick down to the earth and be a "normal" driver! Otherwise there is som big trouble for him! Again, this is my oppinion! Massa, he is hitting the jackpot at the moment, superb speed and racing in the end of the season!! I like him! Kimi is gonna have a tough time with Massa and thats good, dont think they will take points from eachother that much that it would have effect on the championship! On driver that I'm gonna have a eye on is Lewis! I hope for his best that there will not be a steep uphill in his first season in F1, that could destroy him for good, I think he is a very fast and tallent driver, wish him the best in rookie season!!

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:15 pm

TheFinn wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
TheFinn wrote:
F1
A1GP
WRC
Renault Series
GMT
V8Supercars
F3
And, if you have a chance, don't forget.....
IRL
ChampCar
American LeMans
Grand-Am
and I think I just saw the same iceberg Julian saw...... :shock: :shock:
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

TheFinn
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by TheFinn » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:20 pm

gkaytaz wrote:
TheFinn wrote:
So you think Kimi will be the next Hakkinen? I haven't had a chance to watch Kovalainen drive but from what I read in the November F1 magazine he will be a major force within the next few years. Who knows if Hakkinen returns to race with McLaren alongside Alonso we may have a delicious battle between 3 Finns, a Brazilian and a Spaniard :)
Kimi has the potential to be H?kkinenx2 if you give him a good car and a car that last every race! Kovalainen is a cool and smart driver, he could even win races in his rookie seson. Heikki is cool but Kimi is Ice, no nerves what so ever!! No no no no, not H?kkinen back to F1... his days are over in F1! 8)