European Grand Prix (Alonso wins!)

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

RE30B#16
Racer
Racer

Post by RE30B#16 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:53 am

Sorry for the double post. I broke my post up into two parts, but the lousy server deleted the first half, and posted the second half twice!

I will nutshell it again now...

For those of you who watch Speed Channel coverage of Formula 1, did you catch the segment by Peter Windsor when he asked all of the team principals which driver of the moment they who chose to lead their team-- Raikkonen or Alonso? One idiot said he'd choose Kimi because Fernando is latin which means he is firey, overly emotional, and mistake prone. EXCUSE ME??!!? I guess winning 4 races to 2 makes you mistake prone!!

Alonso is the driver to have on your team, period, THE END!!! He hasn't made one serious mistake all season. In every race, he has driven superb. You cannot say the same about Kimi this season. He has made a mess of a few races. Also, Alonso has come to the fore the way Michael Schumacher did it. He has driven for lesser teams and impressed right from the beginning finally making it to the top on merit. Raikkonen walked into arguably the best team with the best car designer [Adrian Newey] being mentored by 2 former world champions! Don't get me wrong, I think Kimi is a great driver, and if I could not get Alonso for my team I'd be trying to get him. When the "silly season" arrives, however, Alonso will be the hottest commodity on the driver market. Mark my words. :D

Sunday morning, the racing gods were smiling on IRL resident cutie pie and kick a#% driver Danica Patrick as well in the Indy 500. She pulled off a Danny Sullivan-esque spin without crashing and damn near won the thing. Let me add that while she was spinning, she got clocked by some other driver who went straight into the wall and out of the race! She was hit mid corner by a backmarker in another incident before that and miraculously didn't crash then. The driving by some of the backmarkers in that race was deplorable, and nearly all of the "spotters" need to be fired! What ever happened to looking in the bloody mirror!!

For the rest of you girl watchers, there is another one on the way. Katherine Legge made history [ or maybe "her"-story :roll: ] earlier this year when she won the Formula Atlantic season opener at Long Beach. Too bad Sarah Fisher defected to NASCAR. :cry:

And that's the way it was...

'Til next time, babies...PEACE!!!

Chris

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:54 am

F1greyhound wrote:I fully agree that Alex Wurz would make a better job at MCLAREN and it will be interesting how long Ron Dennis keeps being amused by Montys adventures.
we've seen only 1 race from Wurz... I think that's too little to say he's better then Montoya.
Ron put Montoya in McLaren, and he knew who was Montoya and how fast he is... Ron has been with Wurz for many years and have not put him as race driver...
The accident in the first corner you say it was 50/70% montoya...
strange that Webber said it was his fault then...Ofcourse Julian would say that not being gulty Webber said he actually is for..." to get people like you and me to to react the way you just did!"

Montoya did mistakes in past races, but look here: Alonso went out when pushing Kimi, Kimi cooked his tyres overtaking, Rubens did mistakes in Q, DC speeding....

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:58 am

RE30B#16 wrote:Sorry for the double post. I broke my post up into two parts, but the lousy server deleted the first half, and posted the second half twice!

I will nutshell it again now...

For those of you who watch Speed Channel coverage of Formula 1, did you catch the segment by Peter Windsor when he asked all of the team principals which driver of the moment they who chose to lead their team-- Raikkonen or Alonso? One idiot said he'd choose Kimi because Fernando is latin which means he is firey, overly emotional, and mistake prone. EXCUSE ME??!!? I guess winning 4 races to 2 makes you mistake prone!!

Alonso is the driver to have on your team, period, THE END!!! He hasn't made one serious mistake all season. In every race, he has driven superb. You cannot say the same about Kimi this season. He has made a mess of a few races. Also, Alonso has come to the fore the way Michael Schumacher did it. He has driven for lesser teams and impressed right from the beginning finally making it to the top on merit. Raikkonen walked into arguably the best team with the best car designer [Adrian Newey] being mentored by 2 former world champions! Don't get me wrong, I think Kimi is a great driver, and if I could not get Alonso for my team I'd be trying to get him. When the "silly season" arrives, however, Alonso will be the hottest commodity on the driver market. Mark my words. :D

Sunday morning, the racing gods were smiling on IRL resident cutie pie and kick a#% driver Danica Patrick as well in the Indy 500. She pulled off a Danny Sullivan-esque spin without crashing and damn near won the thing. Let me add that while she was spinning, she got clocked by some other driver who went straight into the wall and out of the race! She was hit mid corner by a backmarker in another incident before that and miraculously didn't crash then. The driving by some of the backmarkers in that race was deplorable, and nearly all of the "spotters" need to be fired! What ever happened to looking in the bloody mirror!!

For the rest of you girl watchers, there is another one on the way. Katherine Legge made history [ or maybe "her"-story :roll: ] earlier this year when she won the Formula Atlantic season opener at Long Beach. Too bad Sarah Fisher defected to NASCAR. :cry:

And that's the way it was...

'Til next time, babies...PEACE!!!

Chris
Chris I was told to start watching those two at the beginning of the rear. I reckon they are better drivers, already, than a couple of the F1 blokes. Can't wait for them to test F1 :bounce: :bouncec: :bounceg: :bouncest: :up:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:02 am

RE30B#16 wrote:Alonso is the driver to have on your team, period, THE END!!!
Yeah, Alonso has done very fine this year, but you look to have short memory. I still clearly remember Alonso being outqualified and outraced FOR HALF A SEASON by Trulli. When? 2004. you'd say his not the same now...I'd say wait and see.
Todt also said he'd picked KR...

F1greyhound
Over 500
Over 500

Post by F1greyhound » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:09 am

Hi sgd,

Didnt say Alex IS better(I agree he is not faster) than Monty but I feel he might altogether do a better job with less errors...

Youre right errors happen and most drivers were not flawless at the Ring but to cause accidents is the worst case. Monty did just that both in Monaco and Nurburgring. Both could have been avoided, sorry but if Michael had done these errors we would have seen a furios discussion here on him again..
YOURS IN SPORT

RE30B#16
Racer
Racer

Post by RE30B#16 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:18 am

sgd wrote: Still I think you have to been sucked for a long time to know for sure (as RE30B#16 does) what is it a s@&*^...
the same about having a mother - b#$%...

STOP THIS PLEASE!!! :x
sgd

I'm sorry if I offended you by refering to JV and JPM as s@&*^). I'm not sure my remark warranted such a response as yours however. I like JV and JPM, I just believe they are seriously underachieving right now and since they represent CART [another series I love despite its issues] in F1, I find it particularly annoying to see them flame out like they are doing at present.

As for Nahrain being a great driver, yes, I said it!! You cannot be totally crappy and drive in Formula 1. As hard as I will be on these guys, even the lousiest guy out there is one of the best drivers in the world!!! Remember that.

I've been watching this sport for some 35 years. I do not follow trends in thinking when I make my posts, however I also hate it when I see these posts that merely say "so-and-so sucks" or the like. Because of this, I will refrain from using these type of remarks in the future.

Chris
Christoforo

You're not getting old, the music just sucks!!

Fernando Alonso is currently the best... Period!!!

-)_ (-
(_!_) Inclined to get behind!!!

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:19 am

julian mayo wrote:Chris I was told to start watching those two at the beginning of the rear. I reckon they are better drivers, already, than a couple of the F1 blokes. Can't wait for them to test F1
:lol: :lol: :lol: yeah, in Willimas with Webber would be good, he'd be cool outqualifing and outracing them and not overdoing and erratic race after race.

You know, I like Webber. and i think he'll a race soon, he's good Q-er and not so good in races but still consistent. anyway he clearly has not the WC-factor, in some way, the 'aggressivity' I like in the drivers... MS had it, Alonso, Kimi and Montoya have it... Webber is like an australian version of Trulli...
Still I could change my mind about him in the furure...It's just his drive this year in Williams + DC in his car...

RE30B#16
Racer
Racer

Post by RE30B#16 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:22 am

F1greyhound wrote:Hi sgd,

Didnt say Alex IS better(I agree he is not faster) than Monty but I feel he might altogether do a better job with less errors...

Youre right errors happen and most drivers were not flawless at the Ring but to cause accidents is the worst case. Monty did just that both in Monaco and Nurburgring. Both could have been avoided, sorry but if Michael had done these errors we would have seen a furios discussion here on him again..
Good point!
Christoforo

-)_ (-

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:38 am

F1greyhound wrote:Hi sgd,

com'on!!!!!!!! the important here is who makes more points, and full point.
the driver a Boss thinks will make more point is the BEST for him, and is the best for me as it requires speed and constence...
that's what I mean with better.
Taking Montoya over Wurz McLaren goes for VICTORIES not for 6th or 5th places. having said that, I still think Montoya would anyway bring more point in a whole season then Wurz.
maybe you don't think so, we won't know and looks like won't agree here... it would be needed them to be teammates for a season and see at the end. JPM outraced Ralf always, and he'd outraced Wurz as well. you see thinks different, is your opinion.

===============
And here you mean JPM caused the accident???? :lol: :lol: :lol:
ok. go ahead expert!! (Read what Webber said about it...)
Montoya could of course avoid it, by turning left and not right... :roll:

RE30B#16
Racer
Racer

Post by RE30B#16 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:44 am

sgd wrote:
Yeah, Alonso has done very fine this year, but you look to have short memory. I still clearly remember Alonso being outqualified and outraced FOR HALF A SEASON by Trulli. When? 2004. you'd say his not the same now...I'd say wait and see.
What is your point? Trulli was fired by Flavio Briatore who managed him!!

Also...

My memory is long, my friend.

You say 'we have only seen Wurz in one race.' I beg to differ.

Silverstone 1997-- Alex Wurz is subbing for an injured Gerhard Berger [remember him?]. In like his first or second GP, he finished 3rd!!

In case you haven't been keeping up with current events, ALONSO is LEADING the world championship with 4 wins and 59 points, nearly 30 points more than the driver in 2nd place! Not Raikkonen. Not Trulli. Alonso! 8)

Chris
Christoforo

-)_ (-

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:55 am

RE30B#16 wrote:
sgd wrote:
What is your point? Trulli was fired by Flavio Briatore who managed him!!
And? that means Trulli didn't outpaced him for half season??
that is a fact.

and if you read what I wrote you can see i sais Alonso has done very fine this year...

and my point is that he also can be off pace for a while... that I can undertand a Boss which prefer Kimi over him, that's it.

F1greyhound
Over 500
Over 500

Post by F1greyhound » Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:08 am

sgd,

is your opinion automatically identical to Marks press statements :?:

Monty didnt have to cut in and could have avoided contact. Yes he might have lost 2 places. No he didnt like to think about that. Yes that was wrong. No from Marks view it is not necessarily easy to assume who had the biggest responsibility for the contact. No Mark obviously didnt like to complain once more. Yes thats why he might have taken it on himself. No he wouldnt have hoped for Monty to admit the fault.

Just watch the replay and share your personal unbiased view with us, come on sgd we all know how fast Monty can be at times....

CHEERS!
YOURS IN SPORT

RE30B#16
Racer
Racer

Post by RE30B#16 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:25 am

sgd wrote: and if you read what I wrote you can see i sais Alonso has done very fine this year...

and my point is that he also can be off pace for a while... that I can undertand a Boss which prefer Kimi over him, that's it.
sgd

Take away the emotions, please. You are the one who is failing to read all of my posts. If you think Kimi is better than Fernando, fine. I think Fernando is the better driver of the two. This is my opinion. I don't give a crap what some team principal thinks about the two. This is MY opinion. Understand?

Alonso did not start his career with the best team. Raikkonen did. Raikkonen has never started a season the way Alonso has this year.

Regardless of who you think is faster over a single lap, wins are what is most important at the end of the day. Everyone is off pace sometimes. Ayrton Senna, probably the best qualifier of all time, would get out qualified by Gerhard Berger or Mika Hakkinen occasionally. So what?

I never said prefering Kimi over Alonso was ridiculous. I said the remark made by the team principal about Alonso being latin, overly emotional, and mistake prone was not only mildly rascist, but it was absurd if you look at this year's statistics. Kimi has made many more mistakes than his latin couterpart. That is a fact as well. Bob Varsha made mention of this fact during Speed Channel's coverage of the race when he remarked that unlike Mika Hakkinen, Raikkonen had a mercurial personality and could be extremely emotional.

Let not continue to follow this example here.

Chris
Christoforo

-)_ (-

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:13 am

F1greyhound wrote:sgd,
is your opinion automatically identical to Marks press statements :?:
No, but whean a racer admits his fault on something, i'll belive him.
isn't that obvious?
F1greyhound wrote:Monty didnt have to cut in and could have avoided contact. Yes he might have lost 2 places. No he didnt like to think about that. Yes that was wrong. No from Marks view it is not necessarily easy to assume who had the biggest responsibility for the contact. No Mark obviously didnt like to complain once more. Yes thats why he might have taken it on himself. No he wouldnt have hoped for Monty to admit the fault.
1. 2 places!!?? Montoya would heve to go straight forward to avoit Webber!!!!

2.Look, of course when a driver comes onto you in the corner as fast as Webber did is still posibble to avoid him but just by going straight.. Montoya had to turn, he expected Webber to brake, how can you blame him?

3.What do you mean with 'once more'?
F1greyhound wrote:Just watch the replay and share your personal unbiased view with us, come on sgd we all know how fast Monty can be at times....
I saw it many times and i have to say that in fact from some points of view it looks like Montoya is cutting there, but from the high camera is even more clear that Webber just came too fast to the corner... com'on! Webber was there and he said he didn't want to let Trulli pass so got the brake late...but too late and hit Montoya . I just can't belive that even after that you say Montoya was the one to blame.
I think that if webber would felt he was not fully guilty, he'd said it was a 'race incident'...from the video is hard to say, but HE WAS TE ACTUAL DRVER out there, he was the one did it all and he said he was to blame...
who is the biased here? belived me, will Montoya cause a crash, I'll be here to blame him for that!!!

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:38 am

RE30B#16 wrote:
sgd wrote: and if you read what I wrote you can see i sais Alonso has done very fine this year...

sgd

Take away the emotions, please. You are the one who is failing to read all of my posts. If you think Kimi is better than Fernando, fine. I think Fernando is the better driver of the two. This is my opinion. I don't give a crap what some team principal thinks about the two. This is MY opinion. Understand?
RE30B#16 wrote: Alonso did not start his career with the best team. Raikkonen did.
Raikkonen did????? :lol: :lol: I didn't know that sauber is/was the best team... :lol: :lol: :lol:
RE30B#16 wrote: Regardless of who you think is faster over a single lap, wins are what is most important at the end of the day. Everyone is off pace sometimes. Ayrton Senna, probably the best qualifier of all time, would get out qualified by Gerhard Berger or Mika Hakkinen occasionally. So what?
if occasionally, so it's OK, if half a season....
RE30B#16 wrote: I never said prefering Kimi over Alonso was ridiculous. I said the remark made by the team principal about Alonso being latin, overly emotional, and mistake prone was not only mildly rascist, but it was absurd if you look at this year's statistics. Kimi has made many more mistakes than his latin couterpart. That is a fact as well. Bob Varsha made mention of this fact during Speed Channel's coverage of the race when he remarked that unlike Mika Hakkinen, Raikkonen had a mercurial personality and could be extremely emotional.
this year's statistics, as statistics cannton say anything, there's not enogh, representative data. I mean, by 5-6 good races you cannot assume the driver will as consistent fast as Kimi does. Alonso have had many ups and downs and maybe that's what the tm means with 'latin, overly emotional, and mistake prone'. anyway, I of course agree that sentence is wrong(racial), I just try to interpretate it.