Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:47 pm

K-D wrote:
julian mayo wrote:
K-D wrote:I expect Barichello to stay at Ferrari for 2006, does he not have a contract for that as well?? It would make zero sense for a team to opt for Rubens as their lead driver in search for wins and championships, he is a very very good driver, but he is not championship creating material.

8)
Metamorphi occur at the strangest times to the strangest people. When Rhubino joined Ferrari , he was in awe, of the team, the lead driver, his paycheck, his own paycheck et al, this season? he is driving better than Schuey, dealing with adversity better than schuey, and suddenly he feels, in his own mind, which is the only significant factor that counts, that he is Schueys equal. Hullo, I AM as good as THE BEST!!. Rhubino is possibly saying to himself "Schuey do not get in my way, I have the second best car, but I am a better driver, because I have managed that car better than you have managed the better car". He should also be thinking " I have 1- 2 years left to make a s#$%load of money, I am a marketable figure," HiHo Tonto.what's that you said, stranger" :lol:
I also believe that there is a difference of opinion between all the team managers and Rubens over Rubens ultimate talent, and championship creating ability.

8)
K-D look at the talent pool available, ask yourself why eg., DC, ...JV etc are still being paid Megabucks and still driving ok, but when is the last time they went to 10 tenths. The only drivers out there who will do the gladiatorial thing that F1 used to be, and still draws us to F1( and if this makes anyone feel uncomfortable, go look in the mirror and be honest with yourselves) at this time are Alonso, Kimi, Webber, in alphabetical order, possibly Fisi and maybe Sato ( Long live the Samurai Code)
8)
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:28 pm

K-D wrote:
julian mayo wrote:
K-D wrote:I expect Barichello to stay at Ferrari for 2006, does he not have a contract for that as well?? It would make zero sense for a team to opt for Rubens as their lead driver in search for wins and championships, he is a very very good driver, but he is not championship creating material.

8)
Metamorphi occur at the strangest times to the strangest people. When Rhubino joined Ferrari , he was in awe, of the team, the lead driver, his paycheck, his own paycheck et al, this season? he is driving better than Schuey, dealing with adversity better than schuey, and suddenly he feels, in his own mind, which is the only significant factor that counts, that he is Schueys equal. Hullo, I AM as good as THE BEST!!. Rhubino is possibly saying to himself "Schuey do not get in my way, I have the second best car, but I am a better driver, because I have managed that car better than you have managed the better car". He should also be thinking " I have 1- 2 years left to make a s#$%load of money, I am a marketable figure," HiHo Tonto.what's that you said, stranger" :lol:
I also believe that there is a difference of opinion between all the team managers and Rubens over Rubens ultimate talent, and championship creating ability.

8)
And the available talent pool? Speed? Davidson?Nico? There are far quicker people all over the racing world runing around in FF etc, because F1 has priced itself outside the talent pool. That is why Danica Patrick wll turn up with an invitation to F1, a s#$%load of sponsorship money in her hip pocket and make it TO F1, not necessarily in F1 8)

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:41 pm

Rubinho is not going anywhere,he would retire at Ferrari. :!: :!: :D
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:56 pm

Kapel wrote:Rubinho is not going anywhere,he would retire at Ferrari. :!: :!: :D
Prove it! :lol:

K-D
Racer
Racer

Post by K-D » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:57 pm

K-D look at the talent pool available, ask yourself why eg., DC, ...JV etc are still being paid Megabucks and still driving ok, but when is the last time they went to 10 tenths. The only drivers out there who will do the gladiatorial thing that F1 used to be, and still draws us to F1( and if this makes anyone feel uncomfortable, go look in the mirror and be honest with yourselves) at this time are Alonso, Kimi, Webber, in alphabetical order, possibly Fisi and maybe Sato ( Long live the Samurai Code)
DC is being paid megabucks because he is a VERY good F1 driver, but David Coulthard could never rise to the challenge of being THE driver, when in a team that was fighting for championships. This season he is showing us exactly why McLaren had him as a race driver for those 9 seasons. He is a better driver than the young guns, promoted by Red Bull. Klien for all his good results are behind Coulthard basically from the beginning of the season. In his second season Klien should be showing us all, how good he really is, but to me he is showing all of us that he ain't THTA good. Since an "old driver thrown away by a top team as no longer good enough" is performing better is basically every department.

The teams os F1 are despite all the words to the contrary all running a number 1 driver, number 2 driver setup. They may claim differently from now until Hell freezes over, but Hakkinen was The number 1 at McLaren, and R?ikk?nnen stepped right into his number 1 seat.

Because Hakkinnen and R?ikk?nnen are better F1 drivers than Coulthard ever was, but Coulthard is still one of the top talented drivers in the world. Maybe "only" the 10th best driver in the world, but that ain't bad, and is the reason that he is paid hansomely.

RB is a driver of very compareable talents as DC. And he is a GREAT number 2 driver in a top team, and he is a very talented driver, maybe the 10th best driver in the world, but that is not the driver that BAR needs to start winning races and championships. They need a driver that is in the top 5 of talent.

JV is a mistake by Sauber, times have passed JV by. He was once one of the best 5 drivers in the world, but that is now a long time ago, and if Sauber had an alternativem he would cut JV lose, pay him out and have this soapopera over and done with. But there is no driver that you can put in JV's seat, that will perform better than JV the balance of this seaosn.

Sato is not a good F1 driver. Fisichella is less talented than both DC and RB. MW is showing us sofar this season that he was hyped a little more than the talent available can cover. At best, on his best days MW is the equal of DC and MW.

Kimi and Fernando are the two drivers completely dominating in F1 right now, they are on another level than all other drivers except Michael Schumacher.

8)
K-D

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:03 pm

julian mayo wrote:
Kapel wrote:Rubinho is not going anywhere,he would retire at Ferrari. :!: :!: :D
Just spoke to him after this thread was created :wink: :lol:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:05 pm

OK, now back to my original statement. Look at the available talent pool :lol:
Barra can go where ever he wants, and you have just supported that 8)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:06 pm

Kapel wrote:
julian mayo wrote:
And :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:17 pm

julian mayo wrote:
Kapel wrote:
julian mayo wrote:
And :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
He would retire with Ferrari :D All these are old rumours created by him when he wanted a contract extended at Ferrari :wink:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:32 pm

But Ferrari have indicated that they will not extend past 2006. If he wants to make to be driving past that he has to make a move now! does he trust u enough to tell u what he is doing, and if u knew would u post it? Ah says Kappy, a quandry :lol: :crush: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :up: :cheers:

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:43 pm

julian mayo wrote:But Ferrari have indicated that they will not extend past 2006. If he wants to make to be driving past that he has to make a move now! does he trust u enough to tell u what he is doing, and if u knew would u post it? Ah says Kappy, a quandry :lol: :crush: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :up: :cheers:
Yes that what friends are for :wink:
Obviously would not post all of it :wink:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:19 pm

Kapel wrote:
julian mayo wrote:But Ferrari have indicated that they will not extend past 2006. If he wants to make to be driving past that he has to make a move now! does he trust u enough to tell u what he is doing, and if u knew would u post it? Ah says Kappy, a quandry :lol: :crush: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :up: :cheers:
Obviously would not post all of it :wink:[/quote
]

F =y or n
:TOTW: :wink:
S = ! + y 0r n
:no:
today plus yesterday minus tomorrow
I spoke to Peter 4 mins ago, he said yup, It is a done deal.!!
What say you now, Kappy :?:

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:24 pm

K-D wrote:
DC is being paid megabucks because he is a VERY good F1 driver, but David Coulthard could never rise to the challenge of being THE driver, when in a team that was fighting for championships. This season he is showing us exactly why McLaren had him as a race driver for those 9 seasons. He is a better driver than the young guns, promoted by Red Bull. Klien for all his good results are behind Coulthard basically from the beginning of the season. In his second season Klien should be showing us all, how good he really is, but to me he is showing all of us that he ain't THTA good. Since an "old driver thrown away by a top team as no longer good enough" is performing better is basically every department.

The teams os F1 are despite all the words to the contrary all running a number 1 driver, number 2 driver setup. They may claim differently from now until Hell freezes over, but Hakkinen was The number 1 at McLaren, and R?ikk?nnen stepped right into his number 1 seat.

Because Hakkinnen and R?ikk?nnen are better F1 drivers than Coulthard ever was, but Coulthard is still one of the top talented drivers in the world. Maybe "only" the 10th best driver in the world, but that ain't bad, and is the reason that he is paid hansomely.

RB is a driver of very compareable talents as DC. And he is a GREAT number 2 driver in a top team, and he is a very talented driver, maybe the 10th best driver in the world, but that is not the driver that BAR needs to start winning races and championships. They need a driver that is in the top 5 of talent.

JV is a mistake by Sauber, times have passed JV by. He was once one of the best 5 drivers in the world, but that is now a long time ago, and if Sauber had an alternativem he would cut JV lose, pay him out and have this soapopera over and done with. But there is no driver that you can put in JV's seat, that will perform better than JV the balance of this seaosn.

Sato is not a good F1 driver. Fisichella is less talented than both DC and RB. MW is showing us sofar this season that he was hyped a little more than the talent available can cover. At best, on his best days MW is the equal of DC and MW.

Kimi and Fernando are the two drivers completely dominating in F1 right now, they are on another level than all other drivers except Michael Schumacher.

8)
Do you mean the best F1 drivers in the world, or the best drivers in the world. I am sure there are a lot of drivers out there who never got the chance, or chose a different rasing genre like WRC. Wouldn't want to leave them out.
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:37 pm

julian mayo wrote:
Kapel wrote:
Obviously would not post all of it :wink:[/quote
]

F =y or n
:TOTW: :wink:
S = ! + y 0r n
:no:
today plus yesterday minus tomorrow
I spoke to Peter 4 mins ago, he said yup, It is a done deal.!!
What say you now, Kappy :?:
PLs Call Peter again & tell him to replace Jv with Narain :wink: atleast for this year
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:52 pm

After his last performance , sadly for Kappy, I doubt that Narains phone is going to be ringing hot. There is no seat available at Minardi, no matter how many megaabucks he can bring ( unless the megabucks include a full size wind tunnel, two top designers , three top level drivers, Danica Patrick and a bloody good tea lady) Kappy! Who deserves the seat, Narain or the other guy :?: :?: :?: