New Fave Dirver needed.

Want to relax, share an experience or just have a friendly discussion. This is the place

Moderators: cmlean, Ed

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

New Fave Dirver needed.

Post by rah » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:09 pm

Well as you can guess I am looking around for someone to fill the fave driver slot in my little world. While I have not completely hoped off the Webber bandwagon I feel it's my duty to keep my options open. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

The driver should have the following features.

* Be a good driver. Obviously.
* Be lucky. Any amount off luck will do, as long as it is good luck.
* Be able to start well. It is no good qualifying well then not getting off the line quickly.
* Must have a likeable personality.
* Have some brains. An often overlooked feature in a driver.
* Must be a gentlemen.

Cheers All.
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Re: New Fave Dirver needed.

Post by JayVee » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:13 pm

rah wrote:Well as you can guess I am looking around for someone to fill the fave driver slot in my little world. While I have not completely hoped off the Webber bandwagon I feel it's my duty to keep my options open. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

The driver should have the following features.

* Be a good driver. Obviously.
* Be lucky. Any amount off luck will do, as long as it is good luck.
* Be able to start well. It is no good qualifying well then not getting off the line quickly.
* Must have a likeable personality.
* Have some brains. An often overlooked feature in a driver.
* Must be a gentlemen.

Cheers All.
Easy, Alonso The Cute :D :D :bounce: :bouncey: :bouncec: :cheers:
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:06 pm

I liked him from the start. But half the time no one notices because he is so quiet. He needs some balls.

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:14 pm

rah wrote:I liked him from the start. But half the time no one notices because he is so quiet. He needs some balls.
He is quiet yes but he is no pushover. He has yet to have a team-mate that gives him a bit of competition. This year all the so called experts predicted Fisichella would beat him easily. As it turns out, Trulli was actually better :shock: :shock:
As for balls, what about his pointing to his Michelin cap at the French GP right after Indy, not many would have dared do that!
On his driving, he is a gentleman and that is what you are asking, if you want a bully then redefine your specs :D

And always keep in mind he is only just turned 24. What do most 24 year olds do :shock: :wink:

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:33 pm

isnt it obvious :shock: 8)

:) :) MONTOYA :) :)

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:52 am

Monty promised so much, and has delivered so little. If he could show some consistency the I would welcome the chance to go for him.

JV I know what you are saying about the cute, but I just find him a little uninspiring. Maybe I just need to see his performance next year after he has one the WDC. If you have a look through my tips he is my most picked driver for race wins (I think) so I do think he is fast. I just don't want to see him win one WDC and then fade into the background like other drivers have. (i.e. JV) hehe sorry had to say it.

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:09 pm

JV ruined his career by going to BAR. He should have stayed at Williams then moved to Renault.

Alonso is destined to become one of the best ever and he doesn't punt people off :D

And Imola '05 will be with us for a while :wink:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:11 pm

<T-K> wrote:isnt it obvious :shock: 8)

T-K, rah said this:
Have some brains. An often overlooked feature in a driver.
Montoya loses them when he smells kebabs :lol:

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:40 pm

Sorry JayVee,Alonso would have almost all the qualities mentioned,he's fast no doubt,but this guy is very rude & arrogant!!!
This is through personal experience last year at Bahrain GP,where i met all the drivers!!!!
He was so arrogant & full of himself with only 1 race victory to his name,imagine his arrongance growing with 1 WDC :roll:
Sorry,he's not a gentleman in terms of personality!!!
An F1 Idiot!!!

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:05 pm

JayVee wrote:

T-K, rah said this:
They should promise him a kebab or two if he wins....then....BAMM.....montoya would win them all...no problemo :lol: :lol:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:56 pm

Kapel wrote:Sorry JayVee,Alonso would have almost all the qualities mentioned,he's fast no doubt,but this guy is very rude & arrogant!!!
This is through personal experience last year at Bahrain GP,where i met all the drivers!!!!
He was so arrogant & full of himself with only 1 race victory to his name,imagine his arrongance growing with 1 WDC :roll:
Sorry,he's not a gentleman in terms of personality!!!
Kapel,

2 points,

I never met Alonso and may never meet him but I would say each person could form a different opinion about another person depending on the circumstances. His is also very young and he may appear arrogant just to hide his shyness. That is just my opinion

Second, I find it hard to beleive that a gentleman on the track isn't a gentleman off it but I could be wrong

Anyway, when I cheer for a driver I cheer for the one I see on the track, I cheer for their skill, their speed, their determination and their fairness on the track. I took rah 'gentleman' as behaving on the track. Un-Shuey like.
I don't really care what they do off the track cause there will always be good and bad about a person.

Now you must be a very important person to be able to meet all the drivers. Do you work for Ecclestone :shock: ? Tell us the truth :wink:

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:19 am

JayVee wrote:

T-K, rah said this:
LMAO

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:14 pm

JayVee wrote:Kapel,

2 points,

I never met Alonso and may never meet him but I would say each person could form a different opinion about another person depending on the circumstances. His is also very young and he may appear arrogant just to hide his shyness. That is just my opinion
Could be.But i would still have appreciated for a personality like him to be nice to one of his fans.Truli was with him & was really friendly.Mayb he was scared of me :wink: seeing an Asian,approaching him in Bahrain(last year there was a threat of terrorrist attack there. :wink: :lol:
Second, I find it hard to beleive that a gentleman on the track isn't a gentleman off it but I could be wrong

Anyway, when I cheer for a driver I cheer for the one I see on the track, I cheer for their skill, their speed, their determination and their fairness on the track. I took rah 'gentleman' as behaving on the track. Un-Shuey like.
Quite true :wink:
Schumi was a gentleman off track :wink: :lol:
Now you must be a very important person to be able to meet all the drivers. Do you work for Ecclestone :shock: ? Tell us the truth :wink:
heh hehe.How i wished i worked for Mr.Ecclestone.Wouls atleast have a few millions in my bank :wink:
I'm very good friends with Rubens Barrichello & Balbir Singh. :wink:
An F1 Idiot!!!

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:52 pm

Kapel wrote:
JayVee wrote:Kapel,

2 points,

Could be.But i would still have appreciated for a personality like him to be nice to one of his fans.Truli was with him & was really friendly.Mayb he was scared of me :wink: seeing an Asian,approaching him in Bahrain(last year there was a threat of terrorrist attack there. :wink: :lol:

Quite true :wink:
Schumi was a gentleman off track :wink: :lol:
heh hehe.How i wished i worked for Mr.Ecclestone.Wouls atleast have a few millions in my bank :wink:
I'm very good friends with Rubens Barrichello & Balbir Singh. :wink:
Lol nice one. Give my best to Rubens.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:47 pm

Katherine Legge :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.