Skaife...over the hill?

All about V8 Supercars Racing

Moderators: Ed, Julian Mayo

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:31 am

Now that we are well into 2007, what is everyones opinion???
Yardsticks could be......compared to team mate, finishing percentages, accidents/incidents,...........
IMHO evertime there is a certain scottish gentleman around Skaife has on-track problems, or is he just over the hill?
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:17 am

Is he still racing. I hardly ever see him, and when I do he is in the pits.
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Post by Southernman » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:56 pm

Skaife's results at Eastern Creek. Race 1 :1st: Race 2 :1st: Race 3 :3rd:

I wonder if at least a couple of his critics have changed their mind about him. :lol:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:12 pm

I always think that it is better to be over the hill than under it.
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:52 pm

Southernman wrote:Skaife's results at Eastern Creek. Race 1 :1st: Race 2 :1st: Race 3 :3rd:

I wonder if at least a couple of his critics have changed their mind about him. :lol:
Nah, never liked him. Once you have invested this much time into not likeing a man, its hard to stop. But I do respect him.... a little.
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:43 pm

rah wrote:
Southernman wrote:Skaife's results at Eastern Creek. Race 1 :1st: Race 2 :1st: Race 3 :3rd:

Nah, never liked him. Once you have invested this much time into not likeing a man, its hard to stop. But I do respect him.... a little.

:that:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:02 pm

cmlean wrote:
rah wrote:

:that:
Fortunately, I cannot express an opinion.
My, now grown, and driving, kid can 8)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:04 pm

The Possum..............." he didn't even look down to see if I was ok, Dad"

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:46 am

Damn :? there should be a sign saying beware spoilers! I haven't watched the races yet! :oops:
Lewis Hamilton & Jenson Button World Champions :)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:05 am

Snowy wrote:Damn :? there should be a sign saying beware spoilers! I haven't watched the races yet! :oops:
Shame, Snowy,Shame!!
The results were changed, post race, because one of the guys finishing WAY up in the points was found to have "06 brakes............ :evil: ......naughty boy :twisted:
Until I see a few more contributions to the V8Supercar threads, I will not be doing post race summaries. Thanks to the faithful regulars, I am still doing that which I am.......however, after an 18 hour day on standby, interspersed with call-outs to........then trying to find the 3-5 hours of research, which I believe is the bare minimum to keep you guys up to date,.....plus trying to raise 3 kids on my jack, plus having to fix Davo's boat every time he tows it past a puddle........ :cry:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:19 am

Julian Mayo wrote:
Snowy wrote:Damn :? there should be a sign saying beware spoilers! I haven't watched the races yet! :oops:
Shame, Snowy,Shame!!
The results were changed, post race, because one of the guys finishing WAY up in the points was found to have "06 brakes............ :evil: ......naughty boy :twisted:
Until I see a few more contributions to the V8Supercar threads, I will not be doing post race summaries. Thanks to the faithful regulars, I am still doing that which I am.......however, after an 18 hour day on standby, interspersed with call-outs to........then trying to find the 3-5 hours of research, which I believe is the bare minimum to keep you guys up to date,.....plus trying to raise 3 kids on my jack, plus having to fix Davo's boat every time he tows it past a puddle........ :cry:
You can only be so many places at once and we all understand that sometimes all of us has issues in our real lives to deal with which makes it almost impossible to give the time necessary to do whatever it is we normally do here.
:? :? :? :? :? :? :?
I suppose I should have just said "We understand". :oops:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:27 am

jacfan wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
Shame, Snowy,Shame!!
You can only be so many places at once and we all understand that sometimes all of us has issues in our real lives to deal with which makes it almost impossible to give the time necessary to do whatever it is we normally do here.
:? :? :? :? :? :? :?
I suppose I should have just said "We understand". :oops:
I will happily, no, really enjoy puting in the effort if some of the 4000 or more guys who viewed one thread alone bothered to take the time to express one single opinion.

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:35 am

Yes I know the feeling. Hard to find the motivation if no one seems interested. :cry:

In my defence I have not even watched one V8 race this year and I know JS any way.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:57 am

jacfan wrote:Yes I know the feeling. Hard to find the motivation if no one seems interested. :cry:

In my defence I have not even watched one V8 race this year and I know JS any way.
Thanks, Jacfan.....I am in admiration of the work you put into the Trivia quizes.....for me to do a proper job here requires about 20-40 hours a week, of late I have had to question why :cry: I am not prepared to offer a "viewing channel', with timetables etc, unless there is a robust discussion taking place in the various threads.....the kids get a bit tired of me saying..."shut up, I fed you yesterday, or at least the day before".....it would only take 4-5 "guests" to make an effort once or twice a week and post any bloody thing.
I look at the viewing figures for F1, MotoGP, Nth American Racing, etc, as well as V8s Australia, and.....maybe it's something to do with being afraid for my kids' lives last weekend, but I just think what an apathetic bunch those viewers are............perhaps I should have a cup of tea n a little lie down before I say any more :cry:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:23 pm

It is hard because basically there are a handful of us that keep the boards going. Out of all of us I think you are the main one who gets discussions going and provides the rest of us with a bit of entertainment. I know when you have been busy that the boards just about die. I really don't know how to change the apathy but I do believe that mlittle must struggle with the Nth American section and there are only a couple of people who regularly do the quizzes.
I wish I had an answer but I am not even sure there is one.
Perhaps you should just cut down what you do. Nothing is worth more than your kids, and your life. I know how depressing it can be when you work your butt off and no one seems to give a damn. I actually join in because I know if we don't have a few people joining in then we will lose this section. I doubt that anyone else would do what you do for us.
Try to chill out and look after yourself. We all love you. :D :friends: