Sane???

Want to relax, share an experience or just have a friendly discussion. This is the place

Moderators: cmlean, Ed

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Sane???

Post by jacfan » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:42 pm

Wake me up ... 80s pop icon George Michael has said that smoking cannabis keeps him "sane and happy" and he's glad he tried it, as he approaches the 25th anniversary of his pop career
From news.com.au

George Michael sane??? He had a pop career??? Wow I thought he was a stripper :shock: :shock: :shock: and one that no one wanted to watch!!!
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:42 am

I love his music :D Actually more the older stuff.
Shoot the dog is cool though :wink:
What he does in his life is his problem really but I wouldn't want him to be a role model for my kids :shock: :shock:
But are the young generation of artists any better ? I wouldn't have a clue but just by their looks they seem weird. Or is it the other way around :shock:
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:36 pm

JayVee wrote:I love his music :D Actually more the older stuff.
Shoot the dog is cool though :wink:
What he does in his life is his problem really but I wouldn't want him to be a role model for my kids :shock: :shock:
But are the young generation of artists any better ? I wouldn't have a clue but just by their looks they seem weird. Or is it the other way around :shock:
Most of them "stars" these days are one-hit wonders. They do a song, make major bucks, then vanish into thin air. I cannot believe that George Michael had a 25 year career :P It was a two-year career followed by a 20 year stasis then an awakening which (probably) should not have happened.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:34 am

He had more than a 2 year career gkaytaz even if you don't count the Wham years.

He took his time to release albums but Faith, Listen Without Prejiduce and Older have unforgetable hits that you still hear on the radio regularly and other singers cover them too.

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:13 pm

JayVee wrote:He had more than a 2 year career gkaytaz even if you don't count the Wham years.

He took his time to release albums but Faith, Listen Without Prejiduce and Older have unforgetable hits that you still hear on the radio regularly and other singers cover them too.
Wham had a few years life span, released three albums in a three year period and had only one successful album.

GM's solo albums between 87 and 90 (2 of them) were actually successful but the rest came out with little fanfare. Okay maybe it's more than two years but I consider his career to be over by 1990.

And yes, I dislike him very much :)
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:55 pm

I can tell :shock: :shock: :D

I am not sure what you consider successful and what you don't. He had number 1 hits from all those albums you mention (with the possible exception of the first Wham album)

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:17 pm

JayVee wrote:I can tell :shock: :shock: :D
Smart girl you :mrgreen: